[REMOVE ADS]

Diana and aretha

Can anyone tell me who the lady is between Diana and Aretha.
    Name:  rossandfranklin.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  24.2 KB

I can't, but all 3 ladies sure look fine! We tend to forget how beautiful 'Ree could be.

Yes, she could. Someone has to know who that third Diva is.

If walls could talk...

It could be one of their assistants or a relative. The unidentified woman wasn't on the show. This photo was taken at a show held the night before Clinton's first inauguration.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Can anyone tell me who the lady is between Diana and Aretha.
    Name:  rossandfranklin.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  24.2 KB
    I believe this woman is Marva Davis from Detroit. She is very good friends with many at Motown especially Mary Wilson and the late Al Abrams.

She looks very much like this same lady.
    Name:  d1c0665ae217591026946180a8b4b1a5.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  80.8 KB

Great picture James; don’t recall it

Great photos! In both pics the lady has a slight resemblance to Diana, so maybe she's a relative. A cousin perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Great photos! In both pics the lady has a slight resemblance to Diana, so maybe she's a relative. A cousin perhaps?
    I remember the second photo being posted on Facebook after Aretha passed. I don't think they are the same person. I believe the woman in the second photo was identified as a friend or associate of Aretha's.

I wonder if Diana and Aretha were friends - I would imagine there could have been mutual admiration at the least.

There is another photo of Aretha at Diana’s 1979 show/tour singing Reach out and touch. I’m sure they were friendly. They both had mutual respect for one another and both said complimentary things about each other. Plus they had a mutual friend in common- Smokey.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I remember the second photo being posted on Facebook after Aretha passed. I don't think they are the same person. I believe the woman in the second photo was identified as a friend or associate of Aretha's.
    Okay. That first photo lady has more of a Ross-ness anyway.

I read somewhere that Aretha spent some time at Diana's Connecticut estate, I think it was in the 80s or early 90s. Don't know how true it was.

I read somewhere that Aretha spent some time at Diana's Connecticut estate, I think it was in the 80s or early 90s. Don't know how true it was.
    Aretha was at Dianas holiday party one year in Connecticut and rode from Detroit in her bus.

I was in the audience at the Empire Room when Aretha was in attendance. Diana let the audience know she was there but added, I don't think we should expect or ask her to sing, because when you go to someone's house for dinner , you don't ask them to cook! lol

LOL. I love both ladies [[but Diana is my Queen/Goddess).

This has been around before = perhaps in reference to what Roberta posted after this.

Some of ... the usual suspects ... want desperately for every other singer to hate Diana. It just ain't the truth.

love both women....
    professional, grace and knew how to handle the stage. I am sure each Diva had R.E.S.P.E.C.T for each other.

Ree and Di got along real well. Surprising since Ree hardly got along with ANYONE [[guess you can say the same for Diana but some, including Patti LaBelle, now feels Diana is misunderstood).

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    love both women....
    professional, grace and knew how to handle the stage. I am sure each Diva had R.E.S.P.E.C.T for each other.
    Yes, yes and yes, Captain!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Some of ... the usual suspects ... want desperately for every other singer to hate Diana. It just ain't the truth.
    Very true - no big names hate Diana. There is some jealousy [[Gladys, Bettye L) who think they should have been big stars [[give me a break - it was 1964...no one wanted soul/gospel)