[REMOVE ADS]

Bettye Lavette delayed

It now shows as being a July release. Also shows only nine tracks. Would be nice to find that the delay is so they could add at least one or two more.

It could be for any number of reasons. With this pandemic going on now, who knows?

Yeah it is likely due to the ongoing pandemic, as a number of other artists have also delayed their new releases. Anything released right now would not be able to receive any proper promotion or distribution.

As Carlo wrote, it could be due to the Coronavirus and its effect on promoting the cd. I know she was scheduled to some record release dates in May at the Blue Note in NYC. The way things are currently going, I wouldn't be surprised if the dates were postponed. I hope this isn't the case but things are changing by the minute nowadays, as we all know.

Thanks guys. I have to say I did not even think of that as being a reason. After all, release dates have been pushed back over the years so many times that I wonder how ANYTHING ever actually makes it out there. So I just assumed it was business as usual.

It may be later than July. Due to Coronavirus, gigs are being re-scheduled for the fall and we need to release it close to the tour dates for promotional purposes. And it's a nine tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    It may be later than July. Due to Coronavirus, gigs are being re-scheduled for the fall and we need to release it close to the tour dates for promotional purposes. And it's a nine tracker.
    Hey thanks, Kev. I hope you and Miss Bettye and staying safe. I look forward to her new release. Marv.

I just received an email from the Blue Note in NYC saying that Bettye's dates have been moved to October 19-21, 2020. So I gather the album will be released somewhere around that time as well.

It is the damn pandemic. It's holding up my new Gregory Porter release which was supposed to be release Friday before last. My online radio station has been playing preview tracks they've been given and this sounds like his best work ever. I'm both enraptured and
    livid....

I think the last time I checked Amazon, Bettye was listed for late August. I meant to post that but forgot. I am encouraged as you guys have read many times that CDs are still being released here in 2020 and hopefully they will continue for a while longer. The recent news about the forthcoming Nancy Wilson and Four Seasons boxed sets would seem to indicate that the interest will remain a while longer. Who knows, they might even have a resurgence the way vinyl has and I understand that even cassettes [[!) are still popular some places, which I can't fathom. You guys might remember my car-shopping story from about a year ago, so for me an additional concern in about 3 or 4 years will be finding a car with a CD player. I can remember my first 8 track player.......then I had a car with both 8 track and cassette........then I had one with both cassette and CD.......and then I had one with a 6-CD changer. Those were the days!!!

Sorry for getting so far off the topic!!!

The album will be released on August 28.

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    The album will be released on August 28.
    Excellent! Thank you Kev. I hope all is great with you and Miss Bettye.