[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Oh good grief Marv you would have to bring up Virginia Graham! I had an aunt who we teased bc she acted just like her. A little society “like”. She lived alone in a house even bigger than ours in Indian Village with a full time maid who was always listening to the Sups and Mary Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Oh good grief Marv you would have to bring up Virginia Graham! I had an aunt who we teased bc she acted just like her. A little society “like”. She lived alone in a house even bigger than ours in Indian Village with a full time maid who was always listening to the Sups and Mary Wells.
    My mother's cousin Ella WAS Virginia Graham! LOL!!! The society ladies......hehehehehehe!

Hey DET, remember Rita Bell's Prize Movie on WXYZ, channel 7?

Yes I do! She had quite a run in the Detroit TV arena. Classy good looking lady.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Yes I do! She had quite a run in the Detroit TV arena. Classy good looking lady.
    She was classy. Wore those expensive, elaborate robes, I don't what you call them. She had that great,big rich lady telephone! LOL!

I've found in the newspaper Miami News [[Januray 2, 1967) the same picture than the Unknown #6 photo, which confirms my guess that it was from the King Orange Jamboree with the Supremes on a float [[more precisely the Dec 31, 1966 one).
    One more enigma solved !

Name:  Miami News - Jan 2-1967.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  101.3 KB

Great work Laurent!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_whippet View Post
    Unknown #5 is indeed Hamburg but not a TV show. It is a press show held at the Hotel Atlantic Kempinski during a quick trip over to Germany on a day off from the UK Tamla Motown revue in the UK. Itinerary, newspaper and photographs date this, coincidentally to this day in 1965 - 29th March. Later that evening, they appeared on the TV show Musik aus Studio B, returning to the UK the following day to continue with the UK tour in Manchester.
    I checked photo of the Hotel Atlantic Kempiski and the photos of Unknown #5, series 1, are indeed taken in there. This confirm my guess of a showcase/press show. And now the probability that Series 2 were taken on the set of Musik Aus Studio B is very high [[and series 3 during the rehearsals).

I am impressed you knew in which hotel they were ! How did you know that ?

The years 1967 of the tvgraphy is now online :
    http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The years 1967 of the tvgraphy is now online :
    A wonderfully interesting and informative place for any Ross/Supreme fan to visit.
    Laurent your a ⭐️

That was really nice. It just seems like they did more television in 1967. It's been so long now, I can't really remember.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That was really nice. It just seems like they did more television in 1967. It's been so long now, I can't really remember.
    There's many more in 1968 [[24 listed in my files), mostly because of their european tours.

There's many more in 1968 [[24 listed in my files), mostly because of their european tours.
    Thank you Laurent for sharing all of your hard work.

I came across two other pictures from tv shows that I can't relate to any known show. The first one is to be compared with the unknown show # 8 at http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/TV60Unknown.htm

Does anybody knows who the guy is ? If the unknown # 8 pic are from the Lee Phillip show as suggested; then this one should be a Chicago show too.

Name:  UNK8-3.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  90.2 KB

Second picture. Rehearsal picture with Cindy and Mary dressed probably for a skit [[it would then rather be a national show)... [[unknown # 13 on the site)

Name:  UNK13.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  72.9 KB

Second picture. Rehearsal picture with Cindy and Mary dressed probably for a skit [[it would then rather be a national show)... [[unknown # 13 on the site)

Name:  UNK13.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  72.9 KB
    I believe this is the first dress rehearsal for the GREENSLEEVES / THOU SWELL number on Ed Sullivan in 1967. But the outfits were changed to the miniskirts and boots, probably because they were easier to dance in.

Unknown tv shows

I checked photo of the Hotel Atlantic Kempiski and the photos of Unknown #5, series 1, are indeed taken in there. This confirm my guess of a showcase/press show. And now the probability that Series 2 were taken on the set of Musik Aus Studio B is very high [[and series 3 during the rehearsals).

I am impressed you knew in which hotel they were ! How did you know that ?
    Hi,
    I managed to find this hotel using an approach similar to your Consolidated Gas building investigation. In this case, the photo of the Supremes on the balcony suggested a hotel overlooking a river in Hamburg. So I searched for hotels along the river and quickly came across the Atlantic Hotel. It was clear that was the one as it had a balcony with the same balustrade. This was confirmed on Wikipedia where it states that notable guests include the Supremes in March 1965 - see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Atlantic_Kempinski

I've discussed the Hamburg visit at length on this site:

https://songbook1.wordpress.com/fx/m...#comment-92619

By the way, I'm super impressed with your site. I've learned so much from it. There are a few photos you identify as taken at the Star Club Hamburg, which I think possibly could be La Locomotive Club in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I believe this is the first dress rehearsal for the GREENSLEEVES / THOU SWELL number on Ed Sullivan in 1967. But the outfits were changed to the miniskirts and boots, probably because they were easier to dance in.
    Mary and Cindy look pissed! LOL!

Hi,
    I managed to find this hotel using an approach similar to your Consolidated Gas building investigation. In this case, the photo of the Supremes on the balcony suggested a hotel overlooking a river in Hamburg. So I searched for hotels along the river and quickly came across the Atlantic Hotel. It was clear that was the one as it had a balcony with the same balustrade. This was confirmed on Wikipedia where it states that notable guests include the Supremes in March 1965 - see:

By the way, I'm super impressed with your site. I've learned so much from it. There are a few photos you identify as taken at the Star Club Hamburg, which I think possibly could be La Locomotive Club in Paris.
    You are also very good! Great work in researching that hotel.

Now that you say it, the origin of the pic seems obvious! The trees with the whites sleeves in the background, of course... I must have been blind - lol. And they wear the same wigs too [[and Mary the "blond" one). I didn't know they plan to use other outfits for that number. There's always new things to learn, thank you Reese.

Thank you. I'm just pleased to be able contribute a bit more detail to their history.

Hi,

You really did a good job in finding this hotel.

Concerning the photo in the star club: it's one of a series I found in a mag or on the web. It was credited as taken in the Club de l'Etoile in Paris. While doing some researches, the history of this club in Paris didn't really match the context of this picture, and later I recognized on the picture Rudi Slezak [[a German working in the German music inndustry - of Aberbach GMBH Hamburg) that is also on one of the pictures with the Supremes performing at the Atlantic Hotel in Hamburg [[photo on the Unknown #3 series on the site). Morever, the Supremes wear the exact same outfits and hairdo than on a series of photos published in a German magazine at that time [[they are in the Timeline in March ~15-17, 1965) [[~ means: approximately; and I suspect they could have been taken also in March 29). To me, the photo credited at the "Club de l'Etoile" is a unnecessary translation made in the press for "Star CLub", which was a very famous club in Hambourg at the time [[still very famous for having an early performance of the Beatles there). The presence of Slezak in this picture adds a lot to the fact that it was taken in Hamburg rather than in Paris.

Mary and Cindy look pissed! LOL!
    and Diana doesn't look very happy either!

You really did a good job in finding this hotel.

Concerning the photo in the star club: it's one of a series I found in a mag or on the web. It was credited as taken in the Club de l'Etoile in Paris. While doing some researches, the history of this club in Paris didn't really match the context of this picture, and later I recognized on the picture Rudi Slezak [[a German working in the German music inndustry - of Aberbach GMBH Hamburg) that is also on one of the pictures with the Supremes performing at the Atlantic Hotel in Hamburg [[photo on the Unknown #3 series on the site). Morever, the Supremes wear the exact same outfits and hairdo than on a series of photos published in a German magazine at that time [[they are in the Timeline in March ~15-17, 1965) [[~ means: approximately; and I suspect they could have been taken also in March 29). To me, the photo credited at the "Club de l'Etoile" is a unnecessary translation made in the press for "Star CLub", which was a very famous club in Hambourg at the time [[still very famous for having an early performance of the Beatles there). The presence of Slezak in this picture adds a lot to the fact that it was taken in Hamburg rather than in Paris.
    Thanks for the information on the Club de l’Etoile and the possible translation for the “Star Club”. I had not heard about that before. Material found on the web however suggests that these photos may not have taken in Germany. Firstly, the colour photo in the timeline ~15-17 March 1965 has the Supremes in front of a red and green tartan or plaid background in the same outfits and wigs of the accompanying photos. Photos of Martha & the Vandellas also exist with this same background – hopefully this link will show one:
    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/4287.../?d=t&mt=login

There has been nothing to suggest, as far as I am aware, that the Vandellas visited Hamburg or Germany around that time.
    Secondly, I had read or assumed that the photo of the Supremes being interviewed by Dutch DJ Willem Van Kooten where they have the same outfits and wigs as those in the ~15-17 March timeframe was taken during the Hamburg visit. However the details from the Dutch photo museum suggest that the photo was taken on 13th April 1965 at L’Olympia, see:
    https://collectie.nederlandsfotomuse...3-8b77522d9429

Thirdly, I have come across a series of photos from a Dutch magazine with Skip Voogd [[a Dutch radio DJ and music journalist) with the Supremes. Here we see them with the same outfits and wigs as above, together with the tartan/plaid background [[albeit in black and white). The girls are undertaking a task blindfolded. Written in Dutch, some text translates roughly as ‘after the end of their gigantic show in the Paris Olympia Theatre’.
    So these photos may have been taken in Paris not Hamburg, perhaps at L’Olympia or La Locomotive, where is has been reported a party was held for the Tamla artists after the Paris show. The presence of Rudi Slezak could be explained since that the Paris event was also the launch of the European Tamla Motown label, and according to Billboard Magazine, 1st May 1965, representatives from a range of European countries including Germany were “summoned” to the concert and midnight cocktail party. However, a more detailed item on this in Cashbox 1st May 1965 does not specifically name Rudi Slezak.
    Perhaps the same outfits and wigs were worn at both the Star Club and in Paris. It would help if we could find photos showing the interiors of those clubs from around that timeframe.

Thanks for the information on the Club de l’Etoile and the possible translation for the “Star Club”. I had not heard about that before. Material found on the web however suggests that these photos may not have taken in Germany. Firstly, the colour photo in the timeline ~15-17 March 1965 has the Supremes in front of a red and green tartan or plaid background in the same outfits and wigs of the accompanying photos. Photos of Martha & the Vandellas also exist with this same background – hopefully this link will show one:
    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/4287.../?d=t&mt=login

There has been nothing to suggest, as far as I am aware, that the Vandellas visited Hamburg or Germany around that time.
    Secondly, I had read or assumed that the photo of the Supremes being interviewed by Dutch DJ Willem Van Kooten where they have the same outfits and wigs as those in the ~15-17 March timeframe was taken during the Hamburg visit. However the details from the Dutch photo museum suggest that the photo was taken on 13th April 1965 at L’Olympia, see:
    https://collectie.nederlandsfotomuse...3-8b77522d9429

Thirdly, I have come across a series of photos from a Dutch magazine with Skip Voogd [[a Dutch radio DJ and music journalist) with the Supremes. Here we see them with the same outfits and wigs as above, together with the tartan/plaid background [[albeit in black and white). The girls are undertaking a task blindfolded. Written in Dutch, some text translates roughly as ‘after the end of their gigantic show in the Paris Olympia Theatre’.
    So these photos may have been taken in Paris not Hamburg, perhaps at L’Olympia or La Locomotive, where is has been reported a party was held for the Tamla artists after the Paris show. The presence of Rudi Slezak could be explained since that the Paris event was also the launch of the European Tamla Motown label, and according to Billboard Magazine, 1st May 1965, representatives from a range of European countries including Germany were “summoned” to the concert and midnight cocktail party. However, a more detailed item on this in Cashbox 1st May 1965 does not specifically name Rudi Slezak.
    Perhaps the same outfits and wigs were worn at both the Star Club and in Paris. It would help if we could find photos showing the interiors of those clubs from around that timeframe.
    Are you able to search for specific photographs on Pinterest?

Are you able to search for specific photographs on Pinterest?
    Unfortunately not - just general image searches on Google, some of which come up on Pinterest.

However since my previous post I have also noticed two further interesting aspects to the right hand photo of the "Star Club". The gentleman behind Rudi Slezak looks like Bobby Rogers of the Miracles. He was in Paris but not in Hamburg. Also if you look very closely at the top left had side of the photo [[easier if you can enlarge the image), there is a very large poster which looks suspiciously like a photo of Martha & the Vandellas. It has been reported that large posters were displayed around Paris to publicise the revue. This could be one of those posters. Lastly in the left hand photo of the Star Club, one gentleman named as Bernhard Mikulski was in Paris according to the item in Cashbox 1st May, 1965.

The accumulated information tends to suggest the photos are from Paris rather than Hamburg. What do you think?

Unfortunately not - just general image searches on Google, some of which come up on Pinterest.

However since my previous post I have also noticed two further interesting aspects to the right hand photo of the "Star Club". The gentleman behind Rudi Slezak looks like Bobby Rogers of the Miracles. He was in Paris but not in Hamburg. Also if you look very closely at the top left had side of the photo [[easier if you can enlarge the image), there is a very large poster which looks suspiciously like a photo of Martha & the Vandellas. It has been reported that large posters were displayed around Paris to publicise the revue. This could be one of those posters. Lastly in the left hand photo of the Star Club, one gentleman named as Bernhard Mikulski was in Paris according to the item in Cashbox 1st May, 1965.

The accumulated information tends to suggest the photos are from Paris rather than Hamburg. What do you think?
    I am going to check it out and get back to you. This is fascinating to me blue_whippet!

That is Bobby Rogers standing behind Rudi Slezak. Mary's hairstyle is slightly different than from on the balcony pics. But Flo and Diane's are the same in both groups of pics. How are you sure Bobby was not also in Germany with them?

That is Bobby Rogers standing behind Rudi Slezak. Mary's hairstyle is slightly different than from on the balcony pics. But Flo and Diane's are the same in both groups of pics. How are you sure Bobby was not also in Germany with them?
    I can't be sure that Bobby wasn't in Hamburg. I'm only going on the photographic evidence and the reports in publications such as Billboard and Cashbox. As far as I am aware, there has never been any mention of other acts travelling over on that day.
    Yes in the 'Star Club' photos, Mary's hairstyle has a fringe which is not there on any of the Hamburg photos. It is clearly evident, however, in many of the photos taken in Paris at various phtoshoots.

The picture you refer to on this site and that was published in the Hamburger Abendblatt newspaper, is, according to your description, this one :

Name:  f17556c8-d7ff-11e6-9c33-206dfe4d0524.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  57.1 KB

and the guy next the Supremes is definitely Chris Howland :

Name:  JM0WY5.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  88.3 KB
    Name:  EWDRP3.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  86.8 KB

The information in this newspaper and the photo add a lot to the fact that Musik Aus Studio B was taped before April 1965.It also adds a lot to the fact that March 29 become the most probable date for its taping.

I also become more and more conviced that the supposed tour in Germany around March 15-17 is not the correct information. I have to check again what's exactly written in billboard, but I think they considered the fact that the Supremes were in Germany for a concert for the press and a tv show as a tour in Germany, when for me a tour is concerts in several cities of a country...
    Last edited by Laurent; 05-11-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Effectively, all the elements you provided converge toward the conclusion that these photos where taken in Paris. I also have never seen this pix of Martha & the Vandellas, I would have been puzzled if I had. I must have been fooled by the fact that the photo was erroneously credited at the "club de l'étoile à Paris" [[There is a Club de l'Etoile in Paris but the place only took this name years after this photo, in 1985, and in 1965, it was a cinema, so the event couldn't have happened there).
    Now I just found that there was actually a discotheque named L'Etoile [[and not Club de l'Etoile) [[and named now L'Arc Paris) but unfortunately no historical information has been found yet. But that would explain the credit on the photo and the fact that it was in Paris.
    I've tried to find information on the Locomotive but nothing like a Motown event seems to have happened there.

Anyway, you're really good too at spotting details in pix and to provide well-reasoned arguments and it's a pleasure to have this discussion.

Not sure of some of these but I think:

Unknown #9: Sunday Night at the Palladium [[1968)
    I have finay fund a proof that Unknown # 9 is from the London Palladium show. They wear the same wigs on the two pictures. So Reese, your guess was right !

Name:  London Palladium - 1968.JPG
Views: 1036
Size:  31.1 KB

unknown #9 [[not so unknown now) :

Name:  UNK9-3.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  41.4 KB

I'm currently working hard on the TVgraphy of 1968. It should be online very soon !

I have finay fund a proof that Unknown # 9 is from the London Palladium show. They wear the same wigs on the two pictures. So Reese, your guess was right !

I'm currently working hard on the TVgraphy of 1968. It should be online very soon !
    I wondered why Mary looked like she was ready to fight in the casual shot. Nice to find out the fellow was a boxer.

The picture you refer to on this site and that was published in the Hamburger Abendblatt newspaper, is, according to your description, this one :

Name:  f17556c8-d7ff-11e6-9c33-206dfe4d0524.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  57.1 KB

and the guy next the Supremes is definitely Chris Howland :

Name:  JM0WY5.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  88.3 KB
    Name:  EWDRP3.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  86.8 KB

The information in this newspaper and the photo add a lot to the fact that Musik Aus Studio B was taped before April 1965.It also adds a lot to the fact that March 29 become the most probable date for its taping.

I also become more and more conviced that the supposed tour in Germany around March 15-17 is not the correct information. I have to check again what's exactly written in billboard, but I think they considered the fact that the Supremes were in Germany for a concert for the press and a tv show as a tour in Germany, when for me a tour is concerts in several cities of a country...
    Hi, that photo with Chris Howland is almost identical to the one printed in the newspaper. Your extra photos certainly confirm it is Chris. I agree that a tour of Gemany probably didn't happen.I haven't seen anything to confirm a tour occurred. On another matter, the photo of the Supremes reading the March '65 copy of Tuney Tunes. I'm wondering if that photo was taken in Hamburg or Paris. There is one related photo taken at the same time that I have seen but I cannot pinpoint a time and location. Any ideas?

Effectively, all the elements you provided converge toward the conclusion that these photos where taken in Paris. I also have never seen this pix of Martha & the Vandellas, I would have been puzzled if I had. I must have been fooled by the fact that the photo was erroneously credited at the "club de l'étoile à Paris" [[There is a Club de l'Etoile in Paris but the place only took this name years after this photo, in 1985, and in 1965, it was a cinema, so the event couldn't have happened there).
    Now I just found that there was actually a discotheque named L'Etoile [[and not Club de l'Etoile) [[and named now L'Arc Paris) but unfortunately no historical information has been found yet. But that would explain the credit on the photo and the fact that it was in Paris.
    I've tried to find information on the Locomotive but nothing like a Motown event seems to have happened there.

Anyway, you're really good too at spotting details in pix and to provide well-reasoned arguments and it's a pleasure to have this discussion.
    The photo credit of L'Etoile is intriguing and maybe a bit more research on that club would be useful. There is a reference to La Locomotive as being the venue for the cocktail party after the Olympia show in the Cash Box article, 1st May '65. I recall reading that somewhere else and I'll try to dig out that information.

On another matter, the photo of the Supremes reading the March '65 copy of Tuney Tunes. I'm wondering if that photo was taken in Hamburg or Paris. There is one related photo taken at the same time that I have seen but I cannot pinpoint a time and location. Any ideas?
    I think that photo was actually taken backstage at SHINDIG! in Hollywood in February 1965. I've seen other photos of the girls that seem to be taken at the same time, one of them has them with the show's host Jimmy O'Neill. The background looks the same as do their wigs. But in the photo with Jimmy, they are wearing the outfits they wore during YOU CAN'T DO THAT. In another, they are wearing the EIGHT DAYS A WEEK outfits.
    Last edited by reese; 05-17-2020 at 11:46 AM.

I think that photo was actually taken backstage at SHINDIG! in Hollywood in February 1965. I've seen other photos of the girls that seem to be taken at the same time, one of them has them with the show's host Jimmy O'Neill. The background looks the same as do their wigs. But in the photo with Jimmy, they are wearing the outfits they wore during YOU CAN'T DO THAT. In another, they are wearing the EIGHT DAYS A WEEK outfits.
    Hi,

Thank you so much. I know those photos from Shindig and you are spot on with your observations. I have been puzzling over the Tuney Tunes photos for ages but would not have made the Shindig connection. Interesting that a Dutch magazine made its way to L.A. for a photo opportunity.

The photo credit of L'Etoile is intriguing and maybe a bit more research on that club would be useful. There is a reference to La Locomotive as being the venue for the cocktail party after the Olympia show in the Cash Box article, 1st May '65. I recall reading that somewhere else and I'll try to dig out that information.
    I read the Cash Box & Billboard articles you mentioned and yes it's intriguing. I couldn't find any additional information about La Locomotive and L'Etoile. Without any old pictures with that tartan wall taken inside, I guess we won't be able to put a final word to it.

Oh by the way, the year 1968 of the TV graphy is now online!

Hi all,

It's strange that when you search desperately a proof of something you just can't find it and when you're looking for completely something else, it suddenly pops-up! I finally found a proof that the pictures of series 2 and 3 of the unknown TV show #5 [[is there anyone following?) are from the German TV show Musik Aus Studio B. Proof by following the direct link in the first post of this thread.

I was also for long puzzled by an article in an Italian magazine stating that Diana Ross and the Supremes did two tv shows during their European tour in January-February 1968. I finally found the name of these shows.
    You can check this at http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/ [[and test the new menus I inserted in each page to make each tv show more easely searchable and also give at the same time a list of the tv shows per year).

I am also working hard to illustrate the year 1968 of the Timeline. The updated version should be online within a week.

Last edited by Laurent; 09-14-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Hi all,

It's strange that when you search desperately a proof of something you just can't find it and when you're looking for completely something else, it suddenly pops-up! I finally found a proof that the pictures of series 2 and 3 of the unknown TV show #5 [[is there anyone following?) are from the German TV show Musik Aus Studio B. Proof by following the direct link in the first post of this thread.

I was also for long puzzled by an article in an Italian magazine stating that Diana Ross and the Supremes did two tv shows during their European tour in January-February 1968. I finally found the name of these shows.
    You can check this at http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/ [[and test the new menus I inserted in each page to make each tv show more easely searchable and also give at the same time a list of the tv shows per year).

I am also working hard to illustrate the year 1968 of the Timeline. The updated version should be online within a week.

Hi,

Good to see there is still some traction in this thread. I thought that photo you found had been discussed previously in this thread. This link shows the date created was 29th March 1965:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/ne...hoto/883412186

as does this photo which we previously discussed:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...hoto/883408534

|Unfortunately the leads into the Star/L'Etoile/Loco clubs have gone cold for the time being but we can keep searching. Thanks for all the good work you are doing on the 1968 timeline.

Hi,

Good to see there is still some traction in this thread. I thought that photo you found had been discussed previously in this thread. This link shows the date created was 29th March 1965:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/ne...hoto/883412186

as does this photo which we previously discussed:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...hoto/883408534

|Unfortunately the leads into the Star/L'Etoile/Loco clubs have gone cold for the time being but we can keep searching. Thanks for all the good work you are doing on the 1968 timeline.
    Sure it's been discussed before on this thread but I still had to find a real link between the photos and the tv show. Even though we were almost sure, and we came to the same conclusion that it was it, we didn't have a real proof. Here, on this photo, we have the location [[Hamburg) the name of the photograph [[a German that also took other pictures of the Supremes the same date), and the exact date of the photo [[March 29, 1965). Everything that we guessed and find by comparaing different details, articles, etc. is here confirmed.
    To me it also put final word to question of the date of the quick trip to Germany which occured on March 29 [[the two other options were around 15-17 March and April 5).
    [[an update of the Timeline 1965 is coming for the coming weeks... I also came across a picture of another artist taken in 1965 at the Olympia which tend to proove that the picture of the Motortown revue supposedly in Rotterdam or Paris depending to the sources of information was indeed taken in Paris: the vertical spotlights are same)

Just a few words to let you all know that the update of the Timeline 1965 page is online, with additional pictures and corrections about the dates in Germany.

An illustrated version of the Timeline 1968 is also now finally online at

I hope you'll like it :-)

Thanks for the update. It is great to see the additional photos and the corrected dates in Germany. Keep up the good work. Incidentally there are photos on line of the Rolling Stones, Sacha Distel, Charles Aznevour and Johnny Hallyday taken around a similar timeframe of the Tamla show at L'Olympia where the same stage backdrop and lighting can be clearly seen.

Hi All,

I've made lately some very interesting and exciting discoveries in newspapers which conduct to considerable improvement in the Supremes TVgraphy.

Recent researches conducted to find 3 more TV shows in 1964 as announced in another thread, but there's a lot more! :

- an additionnal Lloyd Thaxton Show in 1964 [[for a total of three now) with exact date of first broadcast and songs performed for each show

- the exact date for the Clay Cole show [[ripping the show from 1964 to 1965)

- 4 additionnal TV show in 1965 [[not counting the Clay Cole show!). there's now a total of 40 tv shows for this year alone!

- 1 additionnal TV show in 1966

- 3 additionnal TV show in 1967

- and, finally, all the unindentifed photos of the Unknown TV show page of the site have been identified [[besides rehearsal pictures of unknown #10 & 11 which are not 100% certain), which means the tv shows of the unknow picture #1, #3 [[with Lesley Gore), #7 [[Supremes with balloons), #8 & 8bis have been identified.

For your enjoyment only :-)

at: http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/index.htm

so the infamous balloons pic is The Bruce Morrow show ! mystery solved !

this is great info! thanks all. I've added it to and updated my Supremes Timeline excel document!

it's crazy interesting to see some of their early success days - holy F they were busy. like Oct 64 in Europe. and these are just tv shows. i don't know when/where their stage shows were:

10/5 9th Street West tv show
    10/6 Ready Steady Go
    10/8 Scene at 6:30 tv show
    10/10 Open House tv show
    10/11 The Eamonn Andrews tv show
    10/13 or 14 Hoe Maakt U Het [[dutch tv show)
    10/14 or 15 Televisum [[belguim tv show)
    10/15 Top of the Pops
    10/17 Thank Your Lucky Stars
    10/20 The Five O clock Club tv show
    10/24 TAMI show taping
    10/28 - 29 Santa Monica Civic Auditorium

and sometime in Oct they apparently also played Brooklyn Fox Theater? or maybe that was Sept 64?

and let's not forget that at some point in early Oct 64 they were in LA and recorded the tracks for Bit of Liverpool, which was released 10/16.

Do you suppose the fringe jacket Mary is wearing is the same as on the cover of "Love Child"?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Do you suppose the fringe jacket Mary is wearing is the same as on the cover of "Love Child"?

It looks like the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    this is great info! thanks all. I've added it to and updated my Supremes Timeline excel document!

it's crazy interesting to see some of their early success days - holy F they were busy. like Oct 64 in Europe. and these are just tv shows. i don't know when/where their stage shows were:

10/5 9th Street West tv show
    10/6 Ready Steady Go
    10/8 Scene at 6:30 tv show
    10/10 Open House tv show
    10/11 The Eamonn Andrews tv show
    10/13 or 14 Hoe Maakt U Het [[dutch tv show)
    10/14 or 15 Televisum [[belguim tv show)
    10/15 Top of the Pops
    10/17 Thank Your Lucky Stars
    10/20 The Five O clock Club tv show
    10/24 TAMI show taping
    10/28 - 29 Santa Monica Civic Auditorium

and sometime in Oct they apparently also played Brooklyn Fox Theater? or maybe that was Sept 64?

and let's not forget that at some point in early Oct 64 they were in LA and recorded the tracks for Bit of Liverpool, which was released 10/16.
    Where did you find that the 9th Street West tv show was on October 5 ?

The first Ready Steady Go is on October 9 not 6.

Top of the Pops on October 15 is a re-broadcast of the Supremes' performance on October 8.

The TAMI show was taped on October 28 & 29, not 24, and at the Santa Monica auditorium.

The Brooklyn Fox theater engagement was in september 4 to 13 [[hosted by Murray the K)

I found the information that the Supremes were in the Bob Braun Show. This was a local Cincinnati tv show that existed from 1967 to 1984.

But I found no information about the year the Supremes appeared on this show. Does anyone now if this was of the Supremes post-Diana?

I found the information that the Supremes were in the Bob Braun Show. This was a local Cincinnati tv show that existed from 1967 to 1984.

But I found no information about the year the Supremes appeared on this show. Does anyone now if this was of the Supremes post-Diana?
    Your website is a dream come true for Diana Ross/Supremes fans - thank you SO much for your incredible work!