[REMOVE ADS]

Love Hangover favorite remix?

Do you have any favorite?

Mine seems to be the one from 1979 featured on the expanded diana double cd edition.

I'm not that fond of the original one and the '79 emphasizes Diana's ad lib and the string section

I love the alternate version on the 2012 expanded version of the album in all respects except that Diana's vocals sound kinda "clipped" when compared to the originally released versions [[single and album).

Apart from that one niggle it is great to hear all of the vocals that were not present on the originally released version.

It does pose a question though, how many takes did Diana record for the slow section of this song? There seems to be at least three.

A timeless song that I never want a cure for!

How many were released in 76/77?

I loved the original.it was the one that introduced me to Diana .
    I also love the 89 remix with the addlibs

Although the original album version is my favorite "mix" of Love Hangover, I love the "Love Hangover [[Joey Negro Hangover Symphony)" mix, released in 1994 on the UK CD single of the re-release of "Why Do Fools Fall In Love."
    https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-W.../master/106320
    Interestingly, it is the very same mix [[instrumentally) as the version he did with vocals by Pauline Henry, released one year later in 1995.
    https://www.discogs.com/Pauline-Henr.../master/166942
    I'm still surprised he was allowed to do that, release the same instrumental but with different vocals.

I'm not able to tell if it's her or a man who sings

"don't call her doctor'
    "don't call her mama"

As usual, DJ Moch is bit late to the party, but speaking of Love Hangover, I actually recently came into possession of the multis and created my own epic-length disco mix of Love Hangover. I got the inspiration from Tom Moulton's legendary 17-minute remix, which can be heard on Youtube.

Anyway, here's disco mix, for y'alls pleasure [[I hope).

Last edited by DJMoch; 05-21-2020 at 09:27 PM.

As an addendum, the stems I created my mix from had several vocal lines [[like 3 in the slow part, as well as 2 in the disco part). But not only that, there were two separate takes, each one with differing vocals. It's remarkable just how little of the vocals were used in the LP version. I suppose, sometimes, less is more [[and in the case of Love Hangover, the song is amazing even with the minimal vocals). But I wanted to showcase as much of the unheard vocals and adlibs as I could, going so far as reprising the slow part midway through the mix. It was a labour of love, and it was a labour I was very happy to do. Loooooove Miss Ross.

It's such a fun process and I've been extremely lucky in finding things to build these mixes and satisfy my creative urges. And I've had lots of time these last few months.

After 44 years, my favorite is still the original album version. After that, I really liked the diana expanded edition version. Didn't realize it was from 1979. When I saw the 10:26 playing time, I was skeptical because most remixes overstay their welcome. But I was pleasantly surprised. It was different and so diverting that the 10 minutes were over too soon./.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    As usual, DJ Moch is bit late to the party, but speaking of Love Hangover, I actually recently came into possession of the multis and created my own epic-length disco mix of Love Hangover. I got the inspiration from Tom Moulton's legendary 17-minute remix, which can be heard on Youtube.

Anyway, here's disco mix, for y'alls pleasure [[I hope).

Very nice!