[REMOVE ADS]

Sister Sledge at Dusty Groove

About Product Images

This image is a general representation of the item and the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. Used items may have various cosmetic differences as well.

Thinking Of You – The Atco/Cotillion Recordings 1973 to 1985 [[6CD set) $39.99

A massive collection of work from Sister Sledge – a Philly quartet who were able to take an older version of female group soul deep into the disco years – then keep on making great music well into the 80s! The hits of the group are certainly well-known, but they've got a rock-solid approach that always makes their full albums worth digging into – really wonderful records that are heavy on classic Philly soul production at the start, then continue to move past the sorts of disco cliches that so many other female 70s acts got stuck on – as you'll hear in this batch of music that moves all the way up through 1985, and still has the group sounding great! The package adds in some great bonus material too, for a total of 97 tracks – and albums include Circle Of Love, Together, We Are Family, Love Somebody Today, All American Girls, Sisters, Betcha Say That To All The

I believe that March 27th is the release date. I will be getting this.

See the existing thread for this release here:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...973-85-3-20-20

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I believe that March 27th is the release date. I will be getting this.
    It was released on Fri March 20th here in the UK, and wonderful it is too.

A great compilation. Some really good non album singles on here.

Nile Rodgers/Chic Organization's production really solidified the family's unmistakable sound for me. June & Bonnie's solos LPS too.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    A great compilation. Some really good non album singles on here.
    Agreed! Love this box set. Nick Robbins does great remastering too. I also love the sets they released for Dionne Warwick, Phyllis Hyman and Evelyn Champagne King. I still need to get the latest one released for The Sweet Inspirations.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-01-2022 at 08:15 AM.