[REMOVE ADS]

MOTOWN Out Takes

There is some good stuff here:

How is this guy getting these? Most have been released but that mix of The Marvelettes hit "When You're Young And In Love" is a new one on me. That isn't the single mix the public heard on their 45s.

This guy has another post that blew my mind apart. It features an instrumental, raw mix of The Monitors' "Since I Lost You" that blows away the fully mixed version. I wish he would play the full length versions of these. There is also one for The Marvelettes' "Poor Little Rich Girl" that again, is a raw, unsweetened mix. You gotta hear it to believe it.

I do not know where Marv2 comes up with these fantastic presentations, however, I am very grateful and appreciative for his ongoing efforts. Marv is definitely an asset to the Motown Forum so enjoy the rewards from his research. You may have never heard some of these without his devotion to the forum. Thanks Marv. Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I do not know where Marv2 comes up with these fantastic presentations, however, I am very grateful and appreciative for his ongoing efforts. Marv is definitely an asset to the Motown Forum so enjoy the rewards from his research. You may have never heard some of these without his devotion to the forum. Thanks Marv. Keep up the great work.
    You are most welcome Woodward and thank you!!!

Superb stuff Marv2, could you please enlighten me as to the track one title please?
    Heard several of the other tracks in different guises, but as a fan of Ivy Jo Hunter, loved his take on the last track in particular!
    Oh and keep up the sterling work, as previously stated, it's very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by wilxy View Post
    Superb stuff Marv2, could you please enlighten me as to the track one title please?
    Heard several of the other tracks in different guises, but as a fan of Ivy Jo Hunter, loved his take on the last track in particular!
    Oh and keep up the sterling work, as previously stated, it's very much appreciated
    I'm not sure, but maybe it's "I Cannot Do Without Your Love" by The Contours w/Dennis Edwards.

Yes it is...

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Yes it is...
    Thank you Snakepit.

Out takes ...

Marv

Thanks for posting this - and the images too. I particularly like the Marvelettes - I've not heard this version before, and I think the photograph of the four sets of the group is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post
    Marv

Thanks for posting this - and the images too. I particularly like the Marvelettes - I've not heard this version before, and I think the photograph of the four sets of the group is brilliant.
    You are most welcome gordy_hunk!

Thought I’d heard this compilation before... it’s been up on YouTube for seven years now, and I’m sure we had a good old discussion then. However a great link obviously for those who haven’t heard it before