[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Foundations "Gold" budget 3CD compilation [[Crimson UK) 4/17/2020

Description
    Crimson presents the foundations 'Gold', the only Foundations compilation you'll ever need.

The Foundations were a British soul band, initially active between 1967-1970. Their first single 'Baby, Now That I've Found You' hit Number 1 in the UK singles chart in 1967, making them one of the first multi-racial groups in the UK to achieve this. They are also known as one of the few British acts to successfully imitate the classic Motown sound. This new compilation includes all of the group's best known hits including their UK #2 single 'Build Me Up, Buttercup', 'Baby Now That I've Found You', 'Back On My Feet Again', and 'In The Bad, Bad Old Days [[Before You Loved Me)'.

CD 1 opens with the group's first hit single 'Baby, Now That I've Found You' which was a hit on both sides of the Atlantic. Also featured here is the group's best known single 'Build Me Up, Buttercup' which has sold over a million copies.

CD 2 features even more Foundations hits including 'In The Bad, Bad Old Days [[Before You Loved Me)' which was the group's fourth hit single and reached the Top Ten of the UK singles chart in 1969.

CD 3 completes the set with a selection of other classic Foundations tracks including their final original charting single 'Born To Live, Born To Die' from 1969, along with definitive live recordings of 'The Look Of Love' And 'Love Is Alright [[The Horse)'.

Tracklist
    TBA

Amazon USA
    Available for pre-order soon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0861TGDT4/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0861TGDT4/?tag=imwan-21

You guys know what I am going to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's coming in May, and June, and July, and August, and September................?????

I am not sure if I will buy this one, since we here in America basically only knew them for their two or three big hits. But if you guys can assure me that there are other deserving treasures, I might give in.

As for other artists that I would expect to see in this series, how about Odyssey and Hot Chocolate? I already have multiple collections by each one but would most likely still buy yet another in each case.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    You guys know what I am going to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's coming in May, and June, and July, and August, and September................?????

I am not sure if I will buy this one, since we here in America basically only knew them for their two or three big hits. But if you guys can assure me that there are other deserving treasures, I might give in.

As for other artists that I would expect to see in this series, how about Odyssey and Hot Chocolate? I already have multiple collections by each one but would most likely still buy yet another in each case.
    Like you, I am only familiar with 2 hits by the Foundations here in the states. But I looked at the track listing and then searched Youtube for random titles from said playlist just to get a taste of tracks I am unfamiliar with. Of the random tracks I searched for, they were all posted on Youtube.

Baby, Now That I Found You & Build Me Up Buttercup are the only two songs I am really familiar with here. Build Me Up brings back great memories - when my parents took us out for dinner at the diner, my brother & sisters & I would always play that on the jukebox. We loved that song! I might pick this one up.