Eega Beeva - Man from The Future:
    Name:  MickeyEga1.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  85.6 KB
    HDL Junior Woodchucks Cover:
    Name:  BirdwatchC.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  100.3 KB

Fabulous, robb!..In all these years, I never knew this side of you...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Fabulous, robb!..In all these years, I never knew this side of you...
    I..I...I. Am. Flabbergasted!! Not only did I not expect THIS response. But my little inquiry opened the floodgates!! Rob, your work is stunning! We can't thank you enough! We grew up with your Disney work! WOWee Wow!! I am going to meticulously review EACH link. I had no idea what a national treasure you are to the SDF family! A million thanks, sir. And may I add- your humility is worthy of our imitation. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    I..I...I. Am. Flabbergasted!! Not only did I not expect THIS response. But my little inquiry opened the floodgates!! Rob, your work is stunning! We can't thank you enough! We grew up with your Disney work! WOWee Wow!! I am going to meticulously review EACH link. I had no idea what a national treasure you are to the SDF family! A million thanks, sir. And may I add- your humility is worthy of our imitation. Thank you.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  21.1 KB
    Actually, probably most of you didn't grow up looking at my work, unless you grew up in Europe, Asia, or South Africa, or The Netherlands Antillies, Curacao, or Surinaam. I've only had a handful of stories printed in USA by Gladstone in the 1990s, and Gemstone in the early 2,000s. And not even my best and most famous story[[24 pages), which has Uncle Scrooge being legally married [[which I believe is the only story out of his many thousands, in which he has married status). Here's the cover of our Dutch version:
    Name:  De Bruid Van Oom Dagobert Cover.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  100.6 KB
    Dutch "Bruid" means "bride" in English, and "Oom Dagobert" means "Uncle Scrooge". A scheming, crooked lawyer, by coincidence, has gotten hold of the original wedding ring Scrooge had planned to give his first sweetheart, back in the 1880s, when he was a riverboat pilot on The Mississippi River. She poses as his fiancee, to use an 1850 law, still on the books in the small riverside town, that requires a man to marry a woman to whom he is engaged, within 6 months of the engagement, or, at the request of the prospective bride, the court will arrest him and the judge will marry them by force [[if necessary). She wants to marry him so she can retire as a shyster lawyer, and live off of his trillions of Dollars. The only other times an author has Scrooge married were in nightmare dreams.

I used to purchase comics as a boy. When I turned ~11, I started buying mostly Marvel Comics and became a fan of superhero comics to this day. But I remember my mom buying old Disney comics for me when I was younger. Huey, Dewey and Louie were always my favorite Disney characters, followed by Pluto and Goofy. Never understood why Pluto was a pet but Goofy was a character like Mickey and Donald. Your art brought back a lot of old memories, Robb. The consistency of style in the art of Disney across platforms has been remarkably strong for decades. You've shared some of your stuff before and I love seeing it every time.

I'll bet you've created wonderful memories for thousands of kids like I was. For them and myself, thanks are not enough.

Views: 324
    This drawing of Donald playing soccer was somehow cut out from page 2, so here it is:
    Name:  DonaldFootballHeadShot_r1.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  26.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What's also real scary is that there are some people out there that believe this is all a hoax! Those people are not taking the necessary precautions to contain or slow down this virus.
    Did you all see the crowds on the beach in Jacksonville, Fla. today?!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I have a friend who is an RN at a large hospital. She said they gave her 'one' mask
    for the entire week. She keeps it in a paper bag at the hospital. She said some of
    the doctors are sleeping in their garages and in tents as to not expose their families.
    Some doctors and nurses are simply leaving. Scary.
    Saw on the news, where now these dedicated medical professionals are getting these severely bruised faces. One doctor said he worked 24 hours for weeks straight!! No wonder they're scared! Some are not even showing up!

Trump supporting States who want to be "Liberated". All those Stars and Stripes might be drapped over coffins soon.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Trump supporting States who want to be "Liberated". All those Stars and Stripes might be draped over coffins soon.
Views: 302
    Yes! Liberated EARLY from all the troubles and strife of life on this Earth! And right into their coffins! At least the grandparents and younger sick people, and younger ones who have the wrong genes to have during this pandemic! Tough luck! But SOMEBODY'S got to pay for us to save the economy!

I've been watching Trump's media briefings at night here in the UK. I've got so annoyed with how our UK politicians have sleepwalked into this nightmare.
    Our Government has made a complete mess over this
    BUT I think it is because they are incompetent and inept. The USA Government seems to be run by a lunatic..but a powerful one!!
    UK leaders seem to have no plans at all. Trump has a plan...a nightmare for USA citizens.r

Those are excellent drawings Robb! You are so very talented and generous for sharing them here. I use to draw a lot years ago. I really should get back into it. I think you've motivated me!

I've been watching Trump's media briefings at night here in the UK. I've got so annoyed with how our UK politicians have sleepwalked into this nightmare.
    Our Government has made a complete mess over this
    BUT I think it is because they are incompetent and inept. The USA Government seems to be run by a lunatic..but a powerful one!!
    UK leaders seem to have no plans at all. Trump has a plan...a nightmare for USA citizens.r
    Snakepit, they are inept here too in America. Trump was briefed on this spreading pandemic as early as January and did not begin preparing or telling the public to prepare. He ignored it!

Marv
    I agree with that, but here in the UK, by and large, it is NOT being politicized.... Not in the way that Trump is using it to rage war against Democrats and media he doesn't like.

I saw that. It was insane. Water spray can very effectively carry the virus.

Marv
    I agree with that, but here in the UK, by and large, it is NOT being politicized.... Not in the way that Trump is using it to rage war against Democrats and media he doesn't like.
    Well, we are in a strange situation here in the U.S. If you criticize Trump at all [[and there are a lot of things to criticize him for...), you are immediately accused of politicizing an issue. If the world were fair, Trump should not even be President. Clinton received more than 3 million votes than Trump. Trump was impeached, but the highly partisan Republican dominated Senate flat out refused to remove him from office!

Back to our thread [[self-isolating) :
    Multiple playbacks on Pandora -100 radio stations & SoundCloud - 9000 likes apps. "I wish music would adopt me."

Just listened to a radio interview with Trump apologist Steven Moore??.
    He talks about the protests as people wanting to make a living.
    I'm reminded of a line from "Outlaw Josey Wales"..
    Bad guy : A man's gotta make a living
    Wales: Dying ain't much of a living boy!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    This clown is playing with folks lives,if he's reelected this country may see a revolution!!
    If he gets reelected after all the pettiness, cruelty, incompetence, and hell he has unleashed on our country and the world, then we deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    If he gets reelected after all the pettiness, cruelty, incompetence, and hell he has unleashed on our country and the world, then we deserve it.
    Don't forget, after also being impeached!

What's sad is the fact that a lot of people died for all of us - black and white - to have the right to vote. Seeing folks convince themselves that it was somehow better for Trump to win than Clinton, so they either stayed home, voted third-party or voted for Trump. Clinton is a typical Democrat [[like Biden) who was more concerned about the corporate status quo than voters and certainly not who I wanted to win. But I saw the danger of electing a racist fool and like her or not, she was clearly not an existential threat to millions of us. I'm hearing people convince themselves to stay home already and it amazes me. Trump has failed every test imaginable [[Puerto Rico, Charlottesville, Ukraine, immigrants, the budget, COVID-19) and some people are still privileged enough to watch him flush what's left of the country down the toilet. Screw them if they care so little about those who suffer because of him.

Views: 246
    No, you won't deserve it. If Trump wins, after what has gone on recently, you'll just know that it was a Republican fix, and it'll be time for a COMPLETE national boycott - and bringing down The Government in a peaceful revolution that will change, forever the way USA is run, and bring on a new way of running things that is more responsive to The People's needs. We've already seen evidence that if EVERYONE stops working for a few months, The Country comes crashing to a halt. There's no doubt that the economic problems would hurt everyone for a while. But most of the people would come out of it for the better in the long run. And The entire World would also be better off in the end. Something has to be done about the countries run on pure capitalism with only profits in mind and no thought of the condition of all citizens, and using The Earth's resources without regard to the condition of The Planet. The Earth won't be able to support Humans continuing to behave this way. This pandemic is just life on this planet's way of trying to protect itself from it's own mistakes. There are WAYYYY too many Humans on The Earth for them to live the way to which they aspire. So, people have to change the way they do things. Maybe, if we are lucky, this pandemic can make the people, as a whole, realise that, and make them care enough to take risks in DEMANDING and putting in new leaders that are sane enough to understand what needs to be done.

And no, I'm not just blaming The Republicans [[although they are worse offenders than The Democrats). But the whole system needs to change.
    Whoever is in power had better take a bunch of money out of military and wasted featherbedding in government and add many millions in donations by rich people - wherever they can get it - to shore up the medical facilities and medical research, because there are many more pandemics on the way.
    Last edited by robb_k; 04-21-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Good post, robb_k. Personally, with 340 million people, our country is past the time where two parties can effectively rule. We need at least four parties so that federal, state and local governments can operate by forming coalitions instead of through strong arming and voter suppression.

Do the words of this theme song from long ago, come to mind and make yet MORE sense now?

"Just Lookin' Outta the Windowww...watchin' the asphalt growwww..."

You know what I'm talkin' bout.....

Finish the rest of this and tell me how it's ever so "real" once again....