[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    that's a dog?? I thought that one of my wife's sisters had posted a photo!
    JAI....you bad!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I don't take any joy in this, but I am very frustrated. My first Presidential election where I was eligible to vote was the Carter v Reagan election in 1980. They were calling it the "Republican Revolution". I've seen people vote against their own best interest over and over again in all the years since and it just frustrates me in trying to understand why they would do that.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  21.1 KB
    I'm getting more and more convinced that this life in this Bizarro World is some kind of test to see how much madness we can take without exploding as in a Monty Python scene). I have no idea if I will pass or fail. But, I'm amazed that I've hung around for just about 3/4 of a century, and I'm still sane enough to be on the street instead of wrapped in a straight jacket in some mental institution.

that's a dog?? I thought that one of my wife's sisters had posted a photo!
Views: 538
    I take it that your wife doesn't frequent this forum. Although that IS a very good-looking dog, I must say!

I have a friend who is an RN at a large hospital. She said they gave her 'one' mask
    for the entire week. She keeps it in a paper bag at the hospital. She said some of
    the doctors are sleeping in their garages and in tents as to not expose their families.
    Some doctors and nurses are simply leaving. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 538
    i take it that your wife doesn't frequent this forum. Although that is a very good-looking dog, i must say!
    hehehe...i have a lot of fun at my wife's expense,if she ever visits...i'm a dead man-gulp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I have a friend who is an RN at a large hospital. She said they gave her 'one' mask
    for the entire week. She keeps it in a paper bag at the hospital. She said some of
    the doctors are sleeping in their garages and in tents as to not expose their families.
    Some doctors and nurses are simply leaving. Scary.
    What's also real scary is that there are some people out there that believe this is all a hoax! Those people are not taking the necessary precautions to contain or slow down this virus.

What's also real scary is that there are some people out there that believe this is all a hoax! Those people are not taking the necessary precautions to contain or slow down this virus.
Views: 502
    No doubt they are the same people that believe The Moon Landing was a hoax, evolution is a hoax, Global Warming is a hoax, and that Trump would be a change for the good.

They even think that they can eat at grady's and not get sick!

The governor of Mississippi refused to issue a stay-at-home order because he said "Mississippi is not China" [[whatever the **** that means). When the city of Tupelo's mayor and city council voted unanimously to shut down non-essential businesses, the governor issued an executive order stripping all cities and towns of that authority by declaring all businesses to be essential. He's condemning his citizens for political reasons. I wish no ill for anyone, but it'd be best for all concerned if he's among the first to get it.

He actually did that? Damn he must be one of trump's minions!

President Donald Trump has rejected New York’s plea for ventilators telling Sean KKKLannity on Thursday night that he doesn’t believe the state need that many.

Hell wont be hot enough for Trump or Hannity. Both are evil and rotten Bastards.

I have another neighbor who is an RN and she said the nurses on her unit
    had NO masks last night. The nurses were trying to jerry-rig masks out of
    paper towels. She had 2 patients that spiked high temps last night with
    respiratory symptoms and she was caring for them with a paper towel over
    her face. She said if I make it out alive from this...it'll be a miracle. Our health
    care system is in terrible shape. Thanks Trump and your vile supporters. You
    guys have blood on your hands.
    Last edited by lakeside; 03-27-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I have another neighbor who is an RN and she said the nurses on her unit
    had NO masks last night. The nurses were trying to jerry-rig masks out of
    paper towels. She had 2 patients that spiked high temps last night with
    respiratory symptoms and she was caring for them with a paper towel over
    her face. She said if I make it out alive from this...it'll be a miracle. Our health
    care system is in terrible shape. Thanks Trump and your vile supporters. You
    guys have blood on your hands.
    New York just put 45 refrigerated trunks in place near city hospitals to act as temporary morgues.

Now he's advising medical supply vendors to avoid sending equipment to Michigan because he thinks Michigan's governor is not showing enough respect. Wonder if those folks who swung the election to him in 2016 are happy with that decision right now?

Too bad I live in Michigan and now have to endure what those morons have created. But I'm seeing a big blue wave on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Now he's advising medical supply vendors to avoid sending equipment to Michigan because he thinks Michigan's governor is not showing enough respect. Wonder if those folks who swung the election to him in 2016 are happy with that decision right now?
    That is disturbing. A clear indication of what Trump is really all about. He is arguing with Andrew Cuomo, NY Governor over ventilators. It's really because NY did not vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Too bad I live in Michigan and now have to endure what those morons have created. But I'm seeing a big blue wave on the horizon.
    From your lips to Gods ears Ralph. Trump and McConnell and king and Barr and Susan Collins all need booted out. Im praying for a blue wave.

Be well my dear Ralph.

That is disturbing. A clear indication of what Trump is really all about. He is arguing with Andrew Cuomo, NY Governor over ventilators. It's really because NY did not vote for him.
    And also because the NY AG is investigating him and Trump Org. He can't touch them because the fed doesn't have standing over state level investigations so he's trying to leverage them into making her stop. He already made the Southern District of the DoJ end their investigations. Not going to work with the state investigations though.

And also because the NY AG is investigating him and Trump Org. He can't touch them because the fed doesn't have standing over state level investigations so he's trying to leverage them into making her stop. He already made the Southern District of the DoJ end their investigations. Not going to work with the state investigations though.
    It makes perfect sense to me. It also didn't help that only 3% of Manhattan voted for Trump.

This clown is playing with folks lives,if he's reelected this country may see a revolution!!

gee, I wish there was a "like" button for these posts, cuz there's so much that I agree with...

I work for a major hospital here in CLE, and so MANY of us have been working from home [[I was doing it long before THIS disaster happened though - off and on) and we get email "updates" every day....

so far, the testing out in the parking garage has slowed down, but traffic is still down to 2 lanes [[still have testing lane blocked off)...

don't have anymore laptops to lend out for more employees to work from home, and some employees are being FORCED to stay in the office even though they have little to do...and I know of one who sits in a "cubby hole" where patients come and go..she's not wearing a mask either...

My boss told me to "stay home until further notice"...I have no problem with this really - get to "do stuff" while waiting for billing to be emailed to me...get to spend time with my dog as well...I'm more concerned about when Mr. Gzu goes to his PT job in the afternoon, and now has to "carry papers" in case he gets stopped by "the law" for whatever reason...[[WTH is this - "SLAVERY times" again?)

all the cafes at our buildings are closed down, and only offering take out breakfast/lunches....

and I heard tell that the likker stores are closing today - but not sure how true that is....

streets kinda look like this now:

I myself am looking forward to getting my veggie garden started up again, and try to forget about this "fresh hell" for a minute or so....

Hang in there,my friend things will get better!

A friend of mine's wife died just less than an hour ago from the Coronavirus.

Was planning on staying home yesterday instead of taking my normal Sunday after-church visit to see the folks. Called to let them know and their home phone was out so I left the message on Mom's cell. They called me back and although my phone rang, I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me. SMH. So she called on her cell and told me that in the last hour, their phone and their wi-fi had gone kaput. I asked if they'd called the provider and she told me that my nephew [[who lives with them) tried with no success. When I asked if she wanted me to come by, she said she did.

Well, went by and turns out a lot of people were having problems yesterday. While waiting for the company to call me back, I pulled up their site on my phone and found steps to try to fix the problem. Luckily, I did. I then plugged in my spare Roku to one of their TVs and hooked them up with their cable system's app so they can watch TV on the deck [[it was a perfect day outside, 65 degrees, slight breeze and sunny).

When I went to say goodbye, I tried to give my Mom a fist bump [[no hugging these days), she made me smile by putting out her elbow. Dad did too. So I came home with the satisfaction of knowing that I helped them out of a fix and the comfort of knowing that they're taking the crisis seriously and not likely to shake hands with visitors. Mom also told me that she's asking people not to stop by.

Perfect perfect perfect day in the middle of a sh*t storm. I smiled all night.

That's beautiful jerry.

Views: 409
    Sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 409
    Sorry to hear that.
    Thank you Robb. She was only 41 years old.

That's beautiful jerry.
    Every day is a blessing. Most of my friends have lost their parents by now and I don't take a single day for granted. Hearing them say how careful they're being took my daily stress level for them down from 10 to 9.7. I'll take it.

The media and the CDC did no favors by making it appear that the only people at great risk were the elderly. First, it made younger people feel invincible and we're seeing 40% of the hospitalizations in NYC for patients between 18 and 40 years of age. Think about that. Second, it should have always been stated that even if your symptoms are light, you can still present great risk by carrying it to others. This entire crisis has been bungled from messaging down to strategy and I hope the surviving voters hold the right people responsible.

The media and the CDC did no favors by making it appear that the only people at great risk were the elderly. First, it made younger people feel invincible and we're seeing 40% of the hospitalizations in NYC for patients between 18 and 40 years of age. Think about that. Second, it should have always been stated that even if your symptoms are light, you can still present great risk by carrying it to others. This entire crisis has been bungled from messaging down to strategy and I hope the surviving voters hold the right people responsible.
    You are so very right. I really do hope that people understand the seriousness of this next election whenever it is held. Chris Cuomo now has the virus. I have been hearing from a lot of friends that I had not spoken to in a good long while. People are afraid out here.
    Last edited by marv2; 03-31-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Marv, sorry to hear of your friend's loss, may the Lord rest his wife's soul and comfort your friend and his family's heart.

I lost a very good friend last week to the coronavirus as well, he was only 51. This weekend, I just learned two close relatives [[a mother and her daughter) also are stricken with the coronavirus.

The COVID-19 virus does not discriminate, affecting the young and old, the rich and the poor, the educated and the uneducated...

Stay safe.

Every day is a blessing. Most of my friends have lost their parents by now and I don't take a single day for granted. Hearing them say how careful they're being took my daily stress level for them down from 10 to 9.7. I'll take it.
    Indeed, you're blessed that you have both of your parents and your parents are blessed to have a caring son such as yourself. TFS

Thank you Robb. She was only 41 years old.
Views: 341
    That's really sad.

Lots of us thought we were so lucky to have missed The Black plague, and Cholera epidemics, and the killer influenza of 1918, and most of us got through the Polio epidemic of the late 1940s and early 1950s, and we thought we'd never see this kind of thing again. But we were VERY wrong. But this is just Gaia - Nature- The Earth's life trying to save itself from destruction from having too many Humans ruin the place. We're going to face more of these events as long as there are poor people who need to hunt and kill wild animals to get enough protein or enough of ANY food in their diet.

I hear ya robb,but some of this is man's fault,always conducting secret experiments that almost none of us[the public]know about,these governments always trying to get ahead of one another at our expense,i'll say this much we better get control of this one because the next one[and we know there will be another down the road]will take us out!!

K, so I work for UH here in Cle...Home of the awful "IVF failure" a few years ago...[[God that was a NIGHTMARE and we still ain't out of it yet really)...

We currently have enough equipment needed, but we are bracing for a HUGE impact soon...

I had to fill out an employee survey so they can figure out where to place us when the need arises and this thing finally "crests"...

And had to fill out a questionaire [[sp?) to explain why I have to "work from home" although I've been doing it for the past couple years off and on, whenever the need arises...

they want us to volunteer to make masks.... I wish Mama's old Singer sewing machine was working so I can get busy doing THAT....I need to find a way to "make it happen"...

To Marv: So very sorry to hear about your personal loss....I know it must be awful... I have a friend of mine working on the front line and I touched bases with her yesterday to find out if she's ok...

Thinking about making "care packages" for my friends...

To everyone else: Be safe...

Thank you GrtGzu. This virus is really on the move. I just learned today that two of my cousins' children have come down with it. One, a female is in ICU on a ventilator, the other a young man that has been taken to hospice now. I am reminded everyone I speak with to be careful and please stay safe! Money is not everything.

Thank you GrtGzu. This virus is really on the move. I just learned today that two of my cousins' children have come down with it. One, a female is in ICU on a ventilator, the other a young man that has been taken to hospice now. I am reminded everyone I speak with to be careful and please stay safe! Money is not everything.
    Every day has more horror stories. Hospitals around the country have been formulating policy as to who they will save if two people need one ventilator or hospital bed. I think I heard most say that people in otherwise bad health will be the last to be helped, followed by the elderly. The cynical side of me knows full damned well that there will be an unwritten priority order where Black folk and uninsured people will told to go home and get better before non-Black and insured patients.

I haven't watch so much[cnn]in my life as i've seen this week but got to keep up,but i'm blessed the family is good and i too have alot of good music and my sdf family to chat with.
    Hey, arr&bee, how'd you get my life?

No BS whatsoever, but I'd gladly read a book or watch a movie about your life. You're one of the most fascinating people I've "met", even if we only converse virtually.
    I second that! Whatcha say, Robb? Put pen to paper for you adoring sd family? Don't seem like you memory is deteriorating to me.

Well put, sir. You are a national treasure here. Someone said in another thread: " You are our Sage." And again I wholeheartedly agree.
    If it's not to much to ask, could you post a link and/or pics of your cartoon work? Please? I had a comics/art club in high school [[1976-1981). Which morphed into our own comics titles. So you work/ experience in that field deeply resonates.

There's very little in my life that I would change. If I could go back in time, I'd take more pictures and keep a journal of my best days because I'm 57 now and there are friends that I've lost and memories of great times that are vague when I wish I could remember every second. I probably would go nuts with an photographic memory, but I might take the craziness if I could just laugh like I laughed in my youth. I'm so glad to be alive.

By the way, when I said that I find you fascinating, it was more for your personality and warmth than your experiences. None of us is exactly who we appear to be online, but you strike me as a genuinely good guy. Please don't feel compelled to reply to that. But I learned great lessons from my elders [[whom I also miss greatly BTW) and your stories of your journey remind me of the times I spent with them as well. Some of the most impactful words of my lives were those shared by my grandmother and her sisters [[and others) when they sat me at their feet and taught me about their lives. They shaped how I see the world and I hope I'll have that impact on those who look up to me.
    You and Robb are truly fonts of wisdom! And not just musically either! Well put, Jer. I agree totally, sir. I'll be 57 in December.

Think Spring Break in Miami and Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Views: 277
Size:  21.1 KBSo very sorry to hear this bad news Marv. How can ANYONE worry about the economy and not put enough money into ensuring there are enough virus tests and ventilators for political reasons, when loved ones [[even those who would otherwise have their whole lives ahead of them) are being lost??? It's like were living in The Middle Ages!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Well put, sir. You are a national treasure here. Someone said in another thread: " You are our Sage." And again I wholeheartedly agree.
    If it's not to much to ask, could you post a link and/or pics of your cartoon work? Please? I had a comics/art club in high school [[1976-1981). Which morphed into our own comics titles. So you work/ experience in that field deeply resonates.
Views: 284
    We had a thread with a lot of my drawings in 2002-2004. But, I think it got lost when Lowell had to change platforms because we grew too big for the old one.
    Here is a link to my drawings gallery page on The Disney Comics Creators' [[artist & Writer) pages, with a few examples of my work. Unfortunately, the main amount of pages of my work index, with the list of all my stories, and covers, and the first page of each story, are down for ALL creators right now for updating and maintenance:

https://inducks.org/creator.php?c=RKl&showScans=1

My complete stories and covers Index is down for maintenance/data additions, but my "most popular stories" section IS available, so click on that prompt after you look at my "Gallery".

And I will put up links to my 2 graphics hosting pages, below, which also have some drawings by me, but also other images. Many of my drawings have my signature on them. All the pencil drawings in light blue and carmen red pencil are mine, as well as some inked drawings. Most of the Disney characters are mine.

Here's my Imgur Gallery [[please scroll down all the way, more of my own drawings are nearer the bottom):

https://robbk2.imgur.com/all

Here is my ImgBB Gallery:

https://robb-k.imgbb.com/

Here are a few of my drawings:

Name:  CryGoofy.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  92.0 KB

Name:  Pinocchio 100dpi.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  Ludwig3.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  83.9 KB

Attachment 17232

Name:  Bre'r Rabbbit 100dpi.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  87.2 KB

Last edited by robb_k; 04-15-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Views: 274
    Here is a page of Carl Barks' [[my favourite Disney artist) sketched scribbles that he never finished the pencil drawings or inked. Over a photocopy of his non-photo blue scribbles, I finished the pencil drawings, and inked over them in my best effort to reproduce his style, because I wanted to see how that story would have looked:

Name:  P.Piper1.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  104.2 KB
    Name:  P.Piper2.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  103.4 KB

Here is the advert for a storyboarding seminar workshop I and 2 of my Dutch Disney [[Sanoma Uitgevers, b.v.) "Donald Duck Weekblad" work partners conducted at Eppo Comic Shop in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, a few years ago. The poster shows drawings by each of us - mine are in the centre:
    Name:  Klein:Goorhuis:Artz Fan-Bijeenkomst.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  96.1 KB

Here are a few more drawings of mine:
    This was drawn by me for a European Exhibition of Donald Duck artists drawing pictures of Donald Duck, celebrating his 75th birthday in 2009. The exhibition moved to all the major cities in Europe for the 10 years after [[to last year).
    Name:  DonaldAt75ink4.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  96.8 KB
    Donald playing Voetbal!
    Attachment 17242
    Original pencil drawing for Danish Comic book cover, plus cover:
    Name:  DDF1.jpg574.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  64.2 KB
    Name:  DDFR-5-2004.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  68.4 KB
    Here's an Uncle Scrooge gag page:
    Name:  MrBoney.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  107.2 KB
    J.P. McSwine:
    Name:  J.P. McSwine.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  94.4 KB
    Self-made Huey, Dewey, & Louie Model Sheet:
    Name:  HDLheads.jpg573.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  76.5 KB
    Donald's head Model Sheet:
    Name:  Donheads.jpg572.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  68.5 KB
    Uncle Scrooge Cover:
    Name:  BulbeggsC.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  96.9 KB
    Last edited by robb_k; 04-15-2020 at 03:34 AM.

Here are some sketches of Donald:
    Name:  DonaldSketches.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  87.5 KB
    Donald's Cousin Fethry:
    Name:  Fethry2.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  37.8 KB
    The 3 little Pigs:
    Name:  3LittlePigsBl.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  62.2 KB
    Jose Carioca sketches/models:
    Name:  JCarioca.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  82.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by robb_k; 04-15-2020 at 04:06 AM.

This was drawn from real life [[just to show I can be serious, too!
    Name:  Parrot1.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  8.4 KB

Pluto sketches/models:
    Name:  Pluto.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  82.0 KB
    Here's a cover I drew. They didn't like my gag. So, it ended up like THIS:
    Name:  Pool.jpg589.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  96.9 KB
    Name:  Pool2.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  91.9 KB
    Cover pencils:
    Name:  TubskateBl.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  96.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by robb_k; 04-15-2020 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Personal Christmas Card: