[REMOVE ADS]

Diana - New Song?

Very excited. Sounds so good.

It sounds like an outake from I Love You. I'll pass.

Just trying to connect in troubled times; doubt it’s anything new

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Just trying to connect in troubled times; doubt it’s anything new
    Your probably right. But at this time I’ll take anything that I haven’t heard from Diana Ross. Her voice sounds good on the little I heard.

I am really excited too,any new music even if it is possible it is a leftover from I Love You is ok with me!!

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    I am not a fan of “message” songs. Give me good old-fashion love and heartbreak songs any day of the week.

I love those positive message songs so would be delighted if that is the theme Diana has chosen for the new album.
    I guess i can relate to them more as to where i am now. Gladys Knight has recorded some really inspiring ones in recent years...
    For me those "After You" moments are a thing of the past. I'm far more a "Say We Can", "Voice Of The Heart", "Carry On" kind of guy these days lol.

I am told this is just a rough demo that is not a brand new recording

She sounds good but it's syrupy....
    Agree sounds like I Love You outakes

“I love you”was a cover album except for one track. It’s doubtful that this is an outtake from that album .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I am told this is just a rough demo that is not a brand new recording
    She sings flat in 2 places......

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    She sings flat in 2 places......
    I haven't really listened to it properly, but it is not from any recent sessions. We cannot realistically expect a vocal performance to compare from the 70's 80's or 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossone View Post
    I am really excited too,any new music even if it is possible it is a leftover from I Love You is ok with me!!
    I agree with you 💯 percent!

It's lovely & has a Philly Int'l groove.

Any information on the new release. Will it still be released sometime in 2020.

Quite nice!!

I am in --- not enough in length to give a fair opinion. Its Diana, and she is still out here and therefore I am in.

Sounds like some 80s B-side.

Whatever the source of the song, I think it a rather nice gesture that Diana put this out as a way of trying to reassure her fans at a difficult time. I’m not going to scrutinise this snippet to much, although I think she sounds just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Whatever the source of the song, I think it a rather nice gesture that Diana put this out as a way of trying to reassure her fans at a difficult time. I’m not going to scrutinise this snippet to much, although I think she sounds just fine.
    She is merely attempting to soften the blow of the cancelled dates whilst assuring us that new music is on the way.

yes I agree exactly what I thought when I saw this and heard the snippet

She is merely attempting to soften the blow of the cancelled dates whilst assuring us that new music is on the way.
    I didn't think of that!! I did tie in her 'all is well' audience meditation/prayer, though. And it's a mantra we all need to focus on for a moment or two every day. [[And how long before The Polluters come for that comment?!)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I didn't think of that!! I did tie in her 'all is well' audience meditation/prayer, though. And it's a mantra we all need to focus on for a moment or two every day. [[And how long before The Polluters come for that comment?!)
    She is genuinely sad to have to cancel the dates. This was slated to be a big year for her. Now she is unable to perform live or go into the studio to record new music until probably next year. Look out for regular messages on social media, but otherwise we will have to contend ourselves with all the happy memories from the past 56 years or so. It is a shame, but everyones safety and wellbeing are far more important.
    Let us hope we can all keep upbeat and positive in these challenging times.

She is genuinely sad to have to cancel the dates. This was slated to be a big year for her. Now she is unable to perform live or go into the studio to record new music until probably next year. Look out for regular messages on social media, but otherwise we will have to contend ourselves with all the happy memories from the past 56 years or so. It is a shame, but everyones safety and wellbeing are far more important.
    Let us hope we can all keep upbeat and positive in these challenging times.
    Thank you Blue...she has been nothing but positive and encouraging on social media this week!