[REMOVE ADS]

dust off an unused album for the pandemic

ok - since we're all [[most likely) under varying degrees of quarantining, thought this would be a fun discussion

you're at home a lot more often now

pick 1 album that you rarely ever play and play it! which one would it be - is it one you're really not super fond of but willing to give another spin, one that simply gets overlooked a lot, maybe a live album you've tended to ignore or even a compilation that you bought but have forgotten?

I'm going to do 1 sup album and one DR

Take Me Higher
    Tie between Let The Sunshine In and Supremes 75

Do they have to be DR / DRATS?

nope - can be one of the girls' solo albums. or post Diana too

Sing And Perform Funny Girl, and Ross '78

another set for me might be Sings Songs from the Wiz and the LSTB soundtrack. i rarely listen to the soundtrack itself, beginning to end, as I don't always want to hear all of the movie dialog.

Been listening to Ross 78 with my bonus tracks from Diana

“A Simple Thing Like Cry” on repeat mode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    ok - since we're all [[most likely) under varying degrees of quarantining, thought this would be a fun discussion

you're at home a lot more often now

pick 1 album that you rarely ever play and play it! which one would it be - is it one you're really not super fond of but willing to give another spin, one that simply gets overlooked a lot, maybe a live album you've tended to ignore or even a compilation that you bought but have forgotten?

I'm going to do 1 sup album and one DR

Take Me Higher
    Tie between Let The Sunshine In and Supremes 75
    I don't believe there is a Supremes album that I don't keep at least one or two songs in constant rotation [[aside from the live ones). However, there are a few that I rarely ever play all the way through, such as Liverpool, Symphony, Crop, New Ways, Energy. Of those five I'd probably be inclined to choose Symphony since I'm in that kind of mood today.

I never play Diana albums post RCA, so that would be easy pickings. I would probably choose Force today.

I only have Mary's debut album [[plus the four post debut Motown cuts) and except for "Pick Up the Pieces", which I play a lot, I never listen to the album.

I guess the album I might choose today will be Mary's debut album. If you don't hear from me again you'll know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    “A Simple Thing Like Cry” on repeat mode lol.
    Oh I play that shit out of that song. The entire album is a favorite, but there's something about that particular performance that wows me every time. Think I might start a separate thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Oh I play that shit out of that song. The entire album is a favorite, but there's something about that particular performance that wows me every time. Think I might start a separate thread about it.
    A great song Ran. Perhaps the most convincingly soulful and heartfelt performance of her career...Would you agree??.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    A great song Ran. Perhaps the most convincingly soulful and heartfelt performance of her career...Would you agree??.
    I think there are some others that are in the conversation, but "Simple" is definitely a contender. She sings that like she had lived it a time or two.

Hell, I’ll play “Mary Wilson” and Scherrie’s “Incredible”!