[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye outtakes from his 1972 soundtrack Trouble Man making vinyl debut

I already have a US and a UK copy of the original LP, so I've already got two big sleeves, including the nice and flash half-gatefold US sleeve, to brandish at any friends who are impressed by that kind of thing. [[Can't think of any.)

I also have the 40th anniversary double CD, which probably offers all of the sound quality that I'll need. After all, that album isn't the cleanest sounding recording in the first place.

For me it's more about the "feel" of the album, and that already comes across very well on CD.

Pass.

https://theseconddisc.com/2020/03/12...-man-outtakes/
    Marvin Gaye, More Trouble [[Tamla/Motown/UMe B0031479-01, 2020) [[Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. / Amazon Canada)

1. Main Theme From Trouble Man [[2) [[Alternate Take With Strings)
    2. “T” Plays It Cool [[Unedited)
    3. Poor Abbey Walsh, Part 2 [[Take 1)
    4. Trouble Man [[Extended Version)
    5. Theme From Trouble Man [[Vocal Version)
    6. Main Theme From Trouble Man [[Vocal Version)
    7. “T” Stands For Trouble [[Unedited Vocal Version)
    8. “T” Stands For Trouble [[Alternate Version)
    9. Trouble Man [[Original Film Score)

All tracks released on Trouble Man: 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition [[Motown/Hip-O Select B0017676-02, 2012)

Kinda minor but nice just the same for big fans and complete-ists. Sure looks like a nice item. I've really liked having 'You're The Man'. Keep it coming!

1972 was just as important a year for Marvin as 1971 was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
    I already have a US and a UK copy of the original LP, so I've already got two big sleeves, including the nice and flash half-gatefold US sleeve, to brandish at any friends who are impressed by that kind of thing. [[Can't think of any.)

I also have the 40th anniversary double CD, which probably offers all of the sound quality that I'll need. After all, that album isn't the cleanest sounding recording in the first place.

For me it's more about the "feel" of the album, and that already comes across very well on CD.

Pass.
    Remember that gatefold. Floored me ad a kid. What with the mirrors and the bulletholes!