[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ... and an Ann Peebles Hi box! There were sets a while back that usually go for way to much $ on the resale market, but not one comprehensive set with art, interviews, etc.

Two disc Roberta Flack set. Two single disc best of sets exist. Early hits such as You’ve Got A Friend, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow and Jesse aren’t on the second, more complete disc. Hits like If I Ever See You Again, I’m The One and You’re Looking Like Love aren’t on either disc. WEA seems allergic to multi-disc sets.
    Last edited by JimBagley; 03-23-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... and an Ann Peebles Hi box! There were sets a while back that usually go for way to much $ on the resale market, but not one comprehensive set with art, interviews, etc.
    Are you familiar with her set "St. Louis Woman?" I can't dig it out right at this moment but I think it is a 4 CD set and I always thought it was complete. Also she has had several other 2 CD sets with 50 or more tracks. So I guess I thought we had just about all we could get on her, but if there is more to be heard from this great lady of soul, then I agree with you........Bring it On!!!

Bettye Lavette has been well-represented on cd in recent years. But no one [[to my knowledge) has released any of her Karen material on legitimate cd. Recordings such as HEY LOVE, ALMOST, and WHAT CONDITION MY CONDITION WAS IN are amongst my favorites and it would be nice to retire my scratchy vinyl.

Speaking of Bettye, she has a new release coming out entitled Blackbirds. At least I assume it is all new material. Due out in early May.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Speaking of Bettye, she has a new release coming out entitled Blackbirds. At least I assume it is all new material. Due out in early May.
    It is new. It is on Verve and consists of material from some of the African-American female vocalists before her like Nina Simone, Nancy Wilson, Billie Holiday, etc.

Dee Dee Sharp - a CD of her Atco and Gamble recordings [[1966-1970). Most of them aren’t available on CD.