I don't know if this thread will catch on or sustain itself but I thought it was worth a try. I guess I am inspired by the exciting Dionne Warwick boxed set, not to mention others released recently by Donna Summer and Sister Sledge, and of course all those 3 CD "Gold" sets that have been released [[I personally have Shalamar and Kiki Dee, and will probably soon buy the Gene Pitney.)

Anyway, my idea if it works is to use this thread to share any and all news items that anyone has about upcoming projects [[such as the Four Seasons' set being discussed on the Motown thread) so that we all will know as much as possible about new items that may be forthcoming.

Also perhaps we can share thoughts about what we would like to see released and who knows, maybe some bigwigs out there will read this thread and follow through with something they might not otherwise have been planning just because they read about it on here!

Maybe this thread will die early but hopefully there will be enough interest to keep it going for awhile. For starters, here are some projects that I would love to see someone tackle, in no particular order, just as they roll out of my mind and onto the keyboard:

1) A "Complete Malaco Years" set by Denise LaSalle. Maybe something similar to the Dionne set, since she released about 10 or 12 albums for the label and of course there simply HAS to be unreleased material in their vaults.

2) All four Hodges, James and Smith albums to be released on CD, whether it be individually or as a package deal.

3) CD issues of the Motown albums by Diahann Carroll and Leslie Uggams.

4) A Motown anthology or complete collection by Tata Vega.

5) An Edwin Starr anthology. [[I don't think I missed one, did I?)

6) A complete Laura Branigan re-issue project. I was always surprised that she never received that five CD "Original Album Series" treatment that was so popular a decade or so ago. Bette Midler got one, Linda Ronstadt got one, Sheena Easton got one, just to name a few. Heck some artists even got TWO separate collections released! So Laura, who died much too young by the way, was certainly worthy.

OK, enough out of me. Take it away if interested!!!