[REMOVE ADS]

thatanyway Guest

The coronavirus might seriously affect the live music scene and artists' income

Before we know that this is over, venues, festivals and performers need to think of a plan B.

https://www.musicians-corner.net/The...rtists-income/

Well ... it could affect all our incomes! I have a weekend job over the summer and rely on that income for emergency expenses for the coming year. It will remain to be seen if water parks here in NJ will be open this summer. Be well!

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Well ... it could affect all our incomes! I have a weekend job over the summer and rely on that income for emergency expenses for the coming year. It will remain to be seen if water parks here in NJ will be open this summer. Be well!

Yes... and the little piece says so too.

A lot of ''freelancers'' are in a pickle.

I run a platform where artists talk about their experiences, so this has to be said at this point in time on that platform. It's a time for performers to be proactive about the future.

You stay well too!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    I am in the very fortunate position of being paid in full if the Diana tour is cancelled. Others are not so fortunate. The artists who rely on live shows to make a living are likely to be badly affected. I was scheduled to do something in the South of France in July which is likely to be cancelled. Once again that would not affect me financially, but it would be a crushing blow for other people. It is an increasingly worrying situation.

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    I am in the very fortunate position of being paid in full if the Diana tour is cancelled. Others are not so fortunate. The artists who rely on live shows to make a living are likely to be badly affected. I was scheduled to do something in the South of France in July which is likely to be cancelled. Once again that would not affect me financially, but it would be a crushing blow for other people. It is an increasingly worrying situation.

That is excellent

I had a friend who toured with Diana Ross many years ago. His name was Tobbe Roos, and he was one of the most experienced road managers for the Nordic company EMA Telstar [[which was later to be become Live Nation in Sweden), quite the legend. I believe that the Diana Ross tour was his last tour. He was hired for that and toured with it for ages. I met him a couple of times after this assignment. He was talking about starting a windsurfing school in New Zealand...stuff like that... Not the same guy, after all those decades on the roads. I loved Tobbe [[or Toby as English-speaking people would call him). He was one of my first friends in the music game when I was a wee kid. He's gone since long, and I couldn't help but take this opportunity to say his name.

I'm glad that I decided to skip the North Sea Jazz festival this year. I'm pretty sure that will be canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by thatanyway View Post
    That is excellent

I had a friend who toured with Diana Ross many years ago. His name was Tobbe Roos, and he was one of the most experienced road managers for the Nordic company EMA Telstar [[which was later to be become Live Nation in Sweden), quite the legend. I believe that the Diana Ross tour was his last tour. He was hired for that and toured with it for ages. I met him a couple of times after this assignment. He was talking about starting a windsurfing school in New Zealand...stuff like that... Not the same guy, after all those decades on the roads. I loved Tobbe [[or Toby as English-speaking people would call him). He was one of my first friends in the music game when I was a wee kid. He's gone since long, and I couldn't help but take this opportunity to say his name.
    Nice story and some happy memories for you to look back on.

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeNuYorker View Post
    I'm glad that I decided to skip the North Sea Jazz festival this year. I'm pretty sure that will be canceled.

I'm really lost for words there.

Bluebrock: Yes, remembering Tobbe is sweet. He was present for one of my very first interviews, when I was 14. We just became such great friends. I ran into him all the time and he used to a) Always let me in everywhere even when the big tabloids couldn't get in somewhere... b) Stop by our house and have drinks with my dad when he passed by, he even became friends with my fam like that c) Call me when there was something he thought I should come and see..... etc d) e) f) g) : ))) I have so many great memories of this guy ))
    However, he got all the insane tours because he was really good at what he was doing, and after 35 years as road manager he got one too many, so that isn't a sweet memory -- and finally someone somewhere said it.