[REMOVE ADS]

TATA VEGA Albums Come To CD at last

David Nathan and crew expand two brilliant Tata Vega albums - more to come with any luck

http://www.soulmusic.com/tavefuspahex.html

http://www.soulmusic.com/tavetotaexed.html

Thanks, Paul....saw that last night....it's great news about 2 terrific albums.
    A question for YOU....
    any idea when "A Cellarful of Motown" Vol 5 will be released?

Thanks! John

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    A question for YOU....

Thanks! John
    I knew about this but didn't know Nathan's label was involved.

Hmmm-mmm. Soulmusic.com recently reissued Peabo Bryson's first two Capitol albums on a single disc for around $20.00; It has Billy Preston's highly sought Everybody Likes Some Kind Of Music for around $12.99 and the same price for Jennifer Holliday's I'm On Your Side, released in '91. The Holliday album was previously available on compact disc [[it was recorded, mixed and mastered for the digital age) and copies from the 1990s can still can be found for around $1.00..
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-19-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Pre order price on Amazon uk is £8.99

Name:  tata.jpg
Views: 2996
Size:  28.6 KB
    I do not like the cover artwork that Soulmusic is doing; give a full-bleed of the original cover please. In the case of this first Tata Cd cover it's just way to busy and the original cover is way to small. I mean Cd covers are already small enough to begin with.

Here's another sample of a cover that needed to to kept the way it was originally intended, no need to mess up a good thing. This is such a hot photo of Marlena, I want to see it blown up as much as possible so I can see the goods.

Name:  marlena.jpg
Views: 2338
Size:  27.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Name:  tata.jpg
Views: 2996
Size:  28.6 KB
    I do not like the cover artwork that Soulmusic is doing; give a full-bleed of the original cover please. In the case of this first Tata Cd cover it's just way to busy and the original cover is way to small. I mean Cd covers are already small enough to begin with.

Here's another sample of a cover that needed to to kept the way it was originally intended, no need to mess up a good thing. This is such a hot photo of Marlena, I want to see it blown up as much as possible so I can see the goods.

Name:  marlena.jpg
Views: 2338
Size:  27.9 KB
    LOL I see what you mean on that Marlena Shaw album cover. Does the booklet have a larger picture?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.

The inside of each booklet contains a full page scan of both the front and the back of the original album

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    The inside of each booklet contains a full page scan of both the front and the back of the original album
    I figured that was the case. I bought Soulmusic.com's reissue of Nancy Wilson's All In Love Is Fair and there were larger pics of the front & back album covers inside the booklet. I didn't know for certain if the Tata Vega releases would be different.

Cellarful 5?

Who knows? with what's happening in the music industry today - sorry John but I don't have an answer - I wish I did

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    A question for YOU....

Thanks! John

But wasn't ethe Peabo set a two disc release - hence the price difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I knew about this but didn't know Nathan's label was involved.

Hmmm-mmm. Soulmusic.com recently reissued Peabo Bryson's first two Capitol albums on a single disc for around $20.00; It has Billy Preston's highly sought Everybody Likes Some Kind Of Music for around $12.99 and the same price for Jennifer Holliday's I'm On Your Side, released in '91. The Holliday album was previously available on compact disc [[it was recorded, mixed and mastered for the digital age) and copies from the 1990s can still can be found for around $1.00..

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    But wasn't ethe Peabo set a two disc release - hence the price difference?

I think the Peabo Bryson might be a two disc set, but I'm not sure. It could be a two on one. I didn't get it because I'm not into his music that much. I have some "best of PB" collections and they contain all I need.