[REMOVE ADS]

New Flo Ballard book: THE AWAKENING

Have read though several sources that Flo's daughter Nicole is releasing a book on Flo called "The Awakening" on May 10th, 2020.

Nicole will be at the Motown Museum to take pictures and autograph copies of the book.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Have read though several sources that Flo's daughter Nicole is releasing a book on Flo called "The Awakening" on May 10th, 2020.

Nicole will be at the Motown Museum to take pictures and autograph copies of the book.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
    She's been teasing it on social media, so I would say it's confirmed.

This is good news. I really hope her book does well. I also hope that local, regional and national media picks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is good news. I really hope her book does well. I also hope that local, regional and national media picks it up.
    Speaking of picking up, did you ever pick up Mary's book? It is available at half price now on Amazon

We'll hope it does not have to compete with the Florence Ballard major motion picture we hear so much about here.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    speaking of picking up, did you ever pick up mary's book? It is available at half price now on amazon
    lololololololol lmao

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Speaking of picking up, did you ever pick up Mary's book? It is available at half price now on Amazon
    Nary a copy exists between them and “Luke”. Once Diana’s album drops, we’ll see some half-assed review from a Slovenian newspaper and then a flurry of exclamation point-laden posts about how Mary is a global sensation and constantly in demand!

For fans, this will be interesting although I doubt it will attract much attention otherwise

It's hard to fathom why a small bunch of so called Supremes fans are using the possibility of a new book about Flo,written by a grieving daughter to take cheap pot shots at Mary Wilson.What a strange world we live in.
    Hopefully the book will prove a decent one providing further insight into her troubled life. It would be nice to discover more about the happy times of which i'm sure there were many.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    It's hard to fathom why a small bunch of so called Supremes fans are using the possibility of a new book about Flo,written by a grieving daughter to take cheap pot shots at Mary Wilson.What a strange world we live in.
    Hopefully the book will prove a decent one providing further insight into her troubled life. It would be nice to discover more about the happy times of which i'm sure there were many.
    Hon, no one’s taking “cheap pot shots” at Mary. Look closer.

Save your breath Ollie. It’s never going to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post

I can't wait to read this book.

Every thread on the forum is open to 'cheap pot shots' at other Supremes. Tit for tat. Is now and ever shall be a jealousy without end. Amen. Clutch 'yer pearls and deal.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 03-06-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Every thread on the forum is open to 'cheap pot shots' at other Supremes. Tit for tat. Is now and ever shall be a jealousy without end. Amen. Clutch 'yer pearls and deal.
    Sometimes I wonder who the real martyr is around here: Saint Flo or Saint Marv [[yes that’s MARV, not Mary).

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I can't wait to read this book.
    It would be nice if this was a real honest book from one of Flos kids perspectives. Im hoping it is a valid book and not one like this mess of a book that i wasted my money on.

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Florenc...s%2C192&sr=8-4

Interesting, I think Nicole is the one who found Flo unable to move in the house. I am jst not sure what else could be told that we don't know already.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    It would be nice if this was a real honest book from one of Flos kids perspectives. Im hoping it is a valid book and not one like this mess of a book that i wasted my money on.

I assume one of those 5 star ratings was not yours, Roberta. LOL! The author's name
    might be clue as what lies within. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Interesting, I think Nicole is the one who found Flo unable to move in the house. I am jst not sure what else could be told that we don't know already.
    That's exactly my thought; I guess a memoir by Florence's children about their lives, becoming productive and self-sufficient without suing everyone on earth everytime Florence's name is mentioned and adjusting to living without her could be inspiring if written well, but other than that the enterprise seems unpromising; we'll see. Would be interesting to know what those who look forward to yet another exhumation of Florence's grave are expecting to read.

That Red Hot Mess of a 57 page 'book' seems like a joke; dreams about someone based on stories told by someone else about someone ... and currently a whopping:
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,390,609 Can I get a LOL??

That's exactly my thought; I guess a memoir by Florence's children about their lives, becoming productive and self-sufficient without suing everyone on earth everytime Florence's name is mentioned and adjusting to living without her could be inspiring if written well, but other than that the enterprise seems unpromising; we'll see. Would be interesting to know what those who look forward to yet another exhumation of Florence's grave are expecting to read.
    It would be nice to read what recollecttions the girls have of there Mom and the interactions with Mary and Diana and if they ever hear from Mr. Gordy. Lisa has a good job in Detroit. Im friends with her and Nicole on facebook. I dont think Michelle does social media. I know the see Daina and Mary when they are in Detroit and I know Diana paid for one of the girls surgery and medical care bills.

An upcoming writer? Author? Did she consider proof reading that mess before it was unbelievably released? All the lower case fonts for group names and song titles for starters. Maybe she should have called it DREAMBOOK. Pathetic.

It would be nice to read what recollecttions the girls have of there Mom and the interactions with Mary and Diana and if they ever hear from Mr. Gordy. Lisa has a good job in Detroit. Im friends with her and Nicole on facebook. I dont think Michelle does social media. I know the see Daina and Mary when they are in Detroit and I know Diana paid for one of the girls surgery and medical care bills.
    So it well may be a dignified and inspiring memoir; we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Save your breath Ollie. It’s never going to change.
    I know blackguy and i have no intention of even trying.. Apparently all the Wilson put downs are tit for tat. Hard to believe i know but seemingly true. You couldn't make it up could you lol.

Not sure what she could tell us. Her aunt wrote a book and I thought it may shed some more light but nothing more than Mary s book had already stated.

But that "Dreams of Flo" was a classic. Who knew that Florence could "belch out a song"?

That Red Hot Mess of a 57 page 'book' seems like a joke; dreams about someone based on stories told by someone else about someone ... and currently a whopping:
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,390,609 Can I get a LOL??
    I think her "Dreams" were something from an acid trip she had and remembered.