[REMOVE ADS]

CD Baby retiring

Just got a notice that CD Baby is retiring their music store. Artist
    were making little money and people are doing the digital way.
    Check out their web site for more info.
    Last edited by lakeside; 03-04-2020 at 05:00 PM.

I got that message too. I had probably only ordered from them two or three times ever so it is not a huge loss for me, but at the same time it is probably a sign of the times that online shopping for us CD lovers is going to become harder and harder. I am just not ready to make the transition to downloading but it sounds like eventually I will have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I got that message too. I had probably only ordered from them two or three times ever so it is not a huge loss for me, but at the same time it is probably a sign of the times that online shopping for us CD lovers is going to become harder and harder. I am just not ready to make the transition to downloading but it sounds like eventually I will have no choice.
    A sign of the times, indeed. Like you David, I've only purchased a few times
    from them. I bought a couple of Scherrie Payne's releases and the FLO's 20th
    Anniversary concert DVD and CD. I basically purchase classical music these days. There's plenty of that on Amazon. I think my buying days are winding down and
    it matters not what format is out there in my case.

They are closing their CD store but . . .

"However, we ARE continuing physical distribution through our wholesale partners, including Amazon. The CD Baby artists you love will still have their CDs and vinyl for sale on online retailers and through record stores".

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    A sign of the times, indeed. Like you David, I've only purchased a few times
    from them. I bought a couple of Scherrie Payne's releases and the FLO's 20th
    Anniversary concert DVD and CD. I basically purchase classical music these days. There's plenty of that on Amazon. I think my buying days are winding down and
    it matters not what format is out there in my case.
    Arkiv Music is a great classical music cd source -

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    They are closing their CD store but . . .

"However, we ARE continuing physical distribution through our wholesale partners, including Amazon. The CD Baby artists you love will still have their CDs and vinyl for sale on online retailers and through record stores".
    A-ha - so at least for now They Live, just not operating their own distribution 'storefront'. A tad of good news.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Arkiv Music is a great classical music cd source -
    Yes! Arkiv is great and I've used them for years. I also use Norbeck
    and Peters out of CT for the older, historic operas. Nice guys to deal
    with.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    A-ha - so at least for now They Live, just not operating their own distribution 'storefront'. A tad of good news.
    In these trying times, even a wisp of a tad of good news is good news!
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 03-04-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Everything is sold online. It was time.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Everything is sold online. It was time.
    To clarify, they aren't closing a physical store but rather their online store, hosted on cdbaby.com