[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unreleased Motown 1970 Wish List

I'm just thinking and now wishing out loud about what I would love to see on Unreleased Motown 1970. I know we're a few months out, but if the producers of this series happen to read this, here's my wish list of artists I'd like to hear from:

Stevie Wonder
    GK&P
    Blinky
    Syreeta
    Rose Batiste
    Jean & The Supremes
    Diana Ross - live tracks from her first solo concert
    Rare Earth
    The Hearts of Stone
    Yvonne Fair
    Valerie Simpson

Who would everybody else like to see on the next release?
    Last edited by SatansBlues; 03-04-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Martha and the Vandellas

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Martha and the Vandellas
    I wonder if there are any more Stevie Wonder produced tracks on M&TV?

There are definitely more MR&TV tracks in the vault. Here's one of them

Non-NW produced Temptations, The Originals, Fantastic Four, and of course, my boys Marvin and Stevie in what is probably the last recordings before taking full control of their own projects.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Non-NW produced Temptations, The Originals, Fantastic Four, and of course, my boys Marvin and Stevie in what is probably the last recordings before taking full control of their own projects.
    Did the Temptations work with other producers besides NW in 1970? I may be wrong but I don't think there have been any unreleased tracks from the 70's Temptations to ever come out of the vaults [[not including extended mixes). If my memory is correct, only a small handful of unreleased tracks by the group have been found that were recorded after David left the group. The Unreleased 1969 collection had a couple of unreleased tracks and that's all I know of.

The lack of J5 tracks on Unreleased 1969 makes me wish they'll be some on there or at least a standalone release. I've heard they recorded hundreds of songs during their stint at Motown.

Ivy Hunter
    Originals
    Chuck Jackson...if any left..doubtful

I've read there's an unreleased version of Up The Ladder to the Roof with an additional verse. It would be nice if that's included.

Yes there's a longer version of Up the Ladder...
    I'll take an expanded Right On.

Only 9 months to wait

Blimey...I'd bet a few women will be alarmed to hear that!!

Smile Another Chuck?!

“Chuck Jackson...if any left..doubtful”

Now now Larry, don’t be so doubtful about Chuck Jackson and any unreleased.... there’s a fab version of Windmills of Your Mind which is worth a release.

Mind you, I would have put it on his Anthology if I had known about it at the time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatmaninthethirdrow View Post

Now now Larry, don’t be so doubtful about Chuck Jackson and any unreleased.... there’s a fab version of Windmills of Your Mind which is worth a release.

Mind you, I would have put it on his Anthology if I had known about it at the time!!!
    But you didn't and so it was down to me

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    But you didn't and so it was down to me
    So Paul do you know of any good unreleased tracks from 1970 that's begging to be released??

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    So Paul do you know of any good unreleased tracks from 1970 that's begging to be released??
    As mentioned there has to be a few J5 tracks that have escaped so far but to be honest 1970 is getting a little late for my my taste in general although I have been known to slip a 70's track into a compilation now and then

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    As mentioned there has to be a few J5 tracks that have escaped so far but to be honest 1970 is getting a little late for my my taste in general although I have been known to slip a 70's track into a compilation now and then
    My preference is also the 60's Motown output, but I also think there are some terrific cuts recorded between 70-72, especially those done in Detroit. I had thrown out the idea awhile back of a Cellarful of Motown the final Detroit Years 1970-72 release, maybe throw in a few live tracks...

Ha ha..you know me too well.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmaninthethirdrow View Post

Ha ha
    You know me too well.

Anything Four Tops, Ivy Hunter, David Ruffin, Fantastic Four. Those real soulful artists.

Ivy Jo, Jr. Walker, Lollipops, Blinky, Funk Brothers Fantastic Four, Originals and Edwin Starr.

The 70s [[1970 in particular) were where I came in to Motown, as it were, I love that time. First Motown album - Motown Chartbusters Volume 4 and "I Want You Back", "Up The Ladder To The Roof", "What Does It Take" and "Do What You Gotta Do" from that album set the Motown tone for me. Yes some were from 69 and others were re--issues from much earlier but all had their impact. Bring on Motown Unreleased 1970.

Anything good!!!!!

I used to have a single by Vikki Carr "I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You / I've Never Been A Woman Before". Both sides are Motown songs and the B side Never Been .... Is from 1970. I've long suspected there's a Motown version in the vaults. Song is by Ron Miller and Tom Baird.

I've Never Been A Woman Before" has been done by Streisand, Shirley Bassey and Nancy Wilson a.o.

As far as 70's Supremes recordings go, I hope they wont be holding the recordings back in "hopes" for a 70s Supremes Lost and Found cause who knows if or when that would even become a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    That's a new one for me. Thanks for posting. Do you know any of the recording details?

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    That's a new one for me. Thanks for posting. Do you know any of the recording details?

The person who posted this on YouTube gives this information:

An unreleased Motown master from Martha Reeves and The Vandellas. The copyright entry shows words and music by Sylvia Moy and registration date 28 July 1970 [[so maybe one for the 1970 Motown Unreleased set). I do like "I Love The Way He Loves Me" a lot.

Seriously, how did this Martha Reeves & The Vandellas track miss out on a release so far? It's a great track.

I'd like to see some Smokey/Miracles and the Temptations cuts.

There was definitely more room for a few more songs to be included on the Martha Reeves And The Vandellas Lost & Found set. Not sure why it wasn't filled all the way up time wise. Maybe they were only aloud a certain amount of songs at the time? It would be nice to get digital only unreleased Martha songs on cd.

I'd like to see the Ivy Jo Hunter unreleased VIP album given its deserved outing!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Inexplicable. That's the word that comes to mind as to why this track has never found its way onto an official release. Does anyone know when it was recorded and who wrote/produced it? Background singers?

SatansBlues, "I Love The Way He Loves Me" [[Sylvia Moy) Produced by Hank Cosby, Recorded May - June 1970. Should be in the next unreleased I guess.

Have all unreleased tracks by Diana Ross from 1970 been released? Aside from her first live solo concert.

I’m obsessed with The Temptations, especially Eddie. Since he and Paul left the following year anything with them on lead. Give us what we deserve��

I know it's been said the Marvelettes inventory has been pretty much exhausted but maybe there's another cut or two from 1970...would be interesting to hear!

Was the track Steppin On My Dream by Jean and the Supremes recorded in 1970? It would be nice to have an official release on that song. It should have been on one of the group's first two albums, and maybe released as a single, possibly after UTLTTR or SL. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Did the Temptations work with other producers besides NW in 1970? I may be wrong but I don't think there have been any unreleased tracks from the 70's Temptations to ever come out of the vaults [[not including extended mixes). If my memory is correct, only a small handful of unreleased tracks by the group have been found that were recorded after David left the group. The Unreleased 1969 collection had a couple of unreleased tracks and that's all I know of.
    All of the unreleased Temptations that have turned up lately have been by other producers, including Smokey Robinson.

Some Supremes still unreleased officially though I'm not sure of the years recorded...

01 Steppin' On A Dream
    02 That's How Much [[You Made Me Love You)
    03 Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    04 Loneliness Is A Lonely Feeling
    05 Mind, Body and Soul
    06 You Only Miss Me When You See me
    07 If You Let Me
    08 Send Him To Me

I had heard the unreleased Supremes were being saved for a stand alone release. If that never comes, which sadly is likely, I'd rather it just be included in the 1970 set.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Yes there's a longer version of Up the Ladder...
    I'll take an expanded Right On.
    yep - there's a fan's extended mix floating around on YouTube with the verse. he's used it as an intro. not sure exactly where it belongs in the actual song though.

would love to hear an official version

also supposedly Syreeta recorded Ladder?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I had heard the unreleased Supremes were being saved for a stand alone release. If that never comes, which sadly is likely, I'd rather it just be included in the 1970 set.
    I agree marybrewster. They can always release them later if a 70's Supremes Lost And Found cd gets approved. I just dont want it to end up a missed opportunity.

Is the vault empty of all unreleased Marvin Gaye tracks from 1970? Any live concerts? It would be interesting to see how much his set list changed from his Copa recordings from '66?

More unreleased J5 tracks ... though i would prefer a stand alone release ... i don't understand why Universal didn't do anything for the 50th anniversary of the Motown J5 debut

Quote Originally Posted by mjdestiny View Post
    More unreleased J5 tracks ... though i would prefer a stand alone release ... i don't understand why Universal didn't do anything for the 50th anniversary of the Motown J5 debut
    I really hope that the one J5 track on MU 69 was truly the only track left from that year. And that “Leaving Neverland” garbage didn’t deter them from including more. Even then, the rest of the Jacksons shouldn’t be ignored.
    Last edited by jboy88; 07-28-2020 at 12:12 AM.

I don’t think the scandals would impair his releases as the demand is still there regardless. 1970 was a huge year for Motown and I’m guessing there’s a lot left to hear.

If vault research is accurate J5 recorded nearly 500 songs during their tenure. There's still 200+ waiting to see the light of day including the album they recorded with Stevie in 1973. Only one tune was extracted, "Buttercup" for a project released shortly after MJ's death. Never having heard any of the other songs,I can see why Motown would shelve it. There's certainly more gold in them there hills though.

Any news on this yet.

Last years was out by now 👍

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas

Natural Resources came out in 1970, so could there be anything else still buried in the vaults? Spellbound hoovered up half a dozen tracks recorded the same year, and one new track has only just appeared on Cellarful of Motown Vol.5, so fingers firmly crossed in hope of something extra [[as there was nothing on MU 1969)...