[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by simon.millar View Post
    Any news on this yet.
    Last years was out by now 👍
    Last year's was out early. Usually we get a track list in October then released in December

I hope we finally get to hear The Jackson 5's covers of "Ain't no mountain high enough". Supposedly they did one in the vein of Marvin & Tammi and one like Diana Ross.

Any update on the possibility that this will happen ??

A quick count reveals that there have been over 2,100 "unreleased" so far!

No news? Doesn't sound promising does it?

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Think we may have had it this year...

Well I'm not surprised with the way things are.
    It's a difficult time for everyone.

Don't give up hope, Snakepit! But getting stuff from the Vaults is a bit of a struggle, given Covid.

Hello Keith
    I'm sure it is difficult at this time.
    But if there is any chance that this comes off, will be extremely grateful to all who work so hard on our behalf.

Hello Keith
    I'm sure it is difficult at this time.
    But if there is any chance that this comes off, will be extremely grateful to all who work so hard on our behalf.
    So will I extremely

I keep looking on my favourite download sites, but still no news. I really love these Unreleased collections, so hope 1970 happens.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    Don't give up hope, Snakepit! But getting stuff from the Vaults is a bit of a struggle, given Covid.
    If COVID is the reason we don’t get MU 70, that’s completely understandable. As much as I was looking forward to this year’s edition, I wouldn’t want anyone to jeopardize their health in order to put it together. Besides, that gives us more reason to be excited about next Christmas.

I know of 3 50th anniversary releases that were delayed until 2021 because of COVID.
    BEATLES Let It be deluxe has been pushed back a year, while both GEORGE HARRISON’s « All things must pass deluxe » and JOHN LENNON’s « Plasic Ono band » -although announced as withdrawn due to poor sales of previous such releases and because of COVID, are now announced for the first months of 2021.
    It seems copyright issues with material recorded 1970 was settled so that a 2021 release would come as if it had been released in 2020.

I hope the same applies with Motown and that MU1970 will eventually see the light
    😊

Having raised some hopes, perhaps, I think I should write and say: "Motown Unreleased 1970" isn't going to happen. At least, not in 2020. Not good news for Christmas Day, I know, but most of you will have guessed it already. Getting the tapes from the Vaults at present is the problem, as I understand it - it's not that the "Unreleased" series been cancelled!

There's been a lot of bad news lately, but the loss of "Motown Unreleased 1970" is not the most serious. I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Be glad to be alive, and play your 1969 tracks again. There's some good stuff on there!

Keith

Having raised some hopes, perhaps, I think I should write and say: "Motown Unreleased 1970" isn't going to happen. At least, not in 2020. Not good news for Christmas Day, I know, but most of you will have guessed it already. Getting the tapes from the Vaults at present is the problem, as I understand it - it's not that the "Unreleased" series been cancelled!

There's been a lot of bad news lately, but the loss of "Motown Unreleased 1970" is not the most serious. I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Be glad to be alive, and play your 1969 tracks again. There's some good stuff on there!

Keith
    Under the current circumstances it's completely understandable. As a fan, am I disappointed? Yes, of course! But I'm grateful for what we fan have been treated to over the past 35 years - especially all the Brenda Holloway tracks and look forward to what comes next. Fingers crossed and prayers up that 2021 will be much better musically. I'm especially looking forward to January 20th, high noon!

Any update on whether MU 1970 will ever see the light of day. Obviously I understand and respect the reasons outlined above, but Columbia managed to drop the Bob Dylan 50th Anniversary Collection for 1970 [[similar reasons as MU). Of course, different archives...

Be interesting to see what happens next year with Bob Dylan now his back catalogue has been sold to UMC.

I, too, have been checking back every day in hopes that there's some news about it. I hope it's still slated for release!

Keith
    Thank you Mr. Keith!

For sure, I echo the message from marybrewster ... but Keith posted his feedback in December, so I was looking to see if there is an update since then...

I have none, and don't like to ask whether it's at all likely. I think that the deadline for 1970 copyrights has passed, but the time to ask is when the Vaults are open again. I'll post here when/if I hear any more ...

Hi Keith - many thanks - appreciated...

Thanks for the update. Even if the 1970 copyrights are now in public domain, many of us would still love to hear what was left behind [from the master tapes].

Still hopeful that this will happen