[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Icons Lost Recordings Unearthed

Hi, I spotted this in the Daily Mirror this morning [[a UK newspaper) page 21, does anyone know about this or what it could possibly contain.

'LOST recordings by Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye may be heard for the first time after a rare back-catalogue was put up for sale.
    The privately owned vinyl collection has been stored in the temperature-controlled vault of a major music label for more than 60 years. Now the records, including original tracks by Marvin and Stevie, are being sold at auction.
    It means some of the songs could be heard for the first time if the buyer releases them publicly.
    The Temptations, Diana Ross and The Supremes are also among the artists on the recordings of soul, reggae, funk and Motown icons from the 1950s and 60s. Three previously unheard tracks by Marvin and one by Stevie are said to be particularly rare.
    Experts estimate that bidding for the collection could top £100,000 at the sale on Friday held by Wessex Auction Rooms in Chippenham, Wilts. The firm’s auctioneer Martin Hughes said: “This is without question the most rarities I’ve ever sold in one collection. Until now they have stayed in a controlled music vault.
    “The thing with this collection is that every single time I pulled a record out it seemed to be another star lot.'

I tried to find this article on the internet without success so I could post a link for you to read.

I seem to recall another article from a year or so ago about a recording studio in Philly where some rare studio recordings turned up. I wonder if this is related.

Starts at lot 294 - 299. It's a handful of Motown acetates, none of them good, all in poor condition if the sound clips are anything to go by. Many have been released. So move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Starts at lot 294 - 299. It's a handful of Motown acetates, none of them good, all in poor condition if the sound clips are anything to go by. Many have been released. So move along, nothing to see here.
    So right Copley a lot of fuss made by a newspaper led astray by a fairy tale press release from an auction company - nothing worth having.
    Last edited by paul_nixon; 03-05-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks Copley, I thought someone on this great forum would know.
    all the best, Paul