[REMOVE ADS]

Wild idea...what if the 70's Supremes redid " Magic Carpet Ride"

I always wondered what Norman Whitfield would have done with the Jean Terrell era Supremes...

Tonight I heard Steppewolf's psych anthem Magic Carpet Ride, and thought "Wow! ...that would have been a great 3 part lead for JMC or JML" Jean would have sounded great effortlessly floating on the verses, and Mary and Cindy [[or Lynda) could have handled the chorus segments.

sometimes I might get carried away...but I think this would have worked

interesting idea. i'm not sure about this specific song but maybe. After Frank Wilson stopped working with the girls, they needed to do something. Even if NJ and the Touch lp had been more successful, it was probably time to change things up. keep it fresh.

i like the FJ set but i know some fans don't. And many of us agree the J Webb project was a misfire. J and L wanted to go into more r&b sounds and so maybe some work with Norman would have helped give them a new style and approach. something new and relevant.

I can definitely hear it gman!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I can definitely hear it gman!
    thanks! Jean could really do something trippy and aloof sounding like that!
    Perhaps even a Sly Stone cut.....Hot Fun In The Summertime would have been a great multi lead...Stand, Everybody is A Star...even a better paced than the Live In Japan snippet of Thank You...Carly Simons That's The Way I've Always Heard it Should Be...I hear certain songs and think "Boy, Terrell could have nailed that"