This question is for members of the forum who were fortunate enough to attend Motown artist concerts in the 1960's, since I was born too late to be able to be there as the Motown story developed.

My question is in regards to the souvenirs that were available at the concerts in the 60's. I have many different programs or photo books in my collection, from the Temptations, Supremes, Motortown Revue, Four Tops, etc. What else was sold or available at the concerts as mementos of the occasion? I know there would be no where near the amount of "merch" that they sell now, clothing etc., but did they sell records and photos of the performing artist?

For instance, I just acquired the photo below along with a concert stub from the Supremes' trip to the Orient in 1966. The stub is for a military performance. The photo that came with the stub is so clear and professionally captured I wondered if it was taken by the soldier or if it was in fact sold or possibly given to them at the performance? It measures 4X5 inches. It's not on heavyweight photo stock, but the same thinner Kodak type stock most used at the time.

Thanks for any enlightenment on the query,
Darin

Name:  Supremes Vietnam Stub.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  85.7 KB