[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney Houston’s Remaining Relatives Cash in On What’s Left of Her with Crass Hologr

Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 02-20-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Gosh, but that is sickening. I don't even like those fake "duets" with people like Elvis and [[even) Nat King Cole, though his daughter's "Unforgettable" duet was very well received. I don't know, to me it just seems so ghoulish.

It's one thing to have an image of Fred Astaire dancing with a vacuum. Astaire loved such gimmicks [[he danced on ceilings, with firecrackers and even cartoon characters), so to me a commercial like that is in keeping with his image. But hearing recorded music "sung" by what is in essence a special effect seems dull and uninspiring, a dead thing.

I have a hard time imagining that this show will be a box office hit. Besides the general creepiness surrounding a hologram show, the actual hologram of Whitney that they premiered on This Morning in the UK this week, does not really even look like Whitney. It does come across as a desperate cash-in. It's also unfortunate that the estate [[Pat Houston) sold their majority ownership to an external company to manage all future business ventures. This included the creation of this hologram, which I'd say is a fail. Pat tried putting together the hologram show a few years ago on her own with a different company, which was a major fail, as they previewed it on an episode of The Voice, by having Christina Aguilera sing a duet with it. That hologram was very clearly a video projection of a Whitney impersonator that looked nothing like her, so the project was scrapped after there was a huge social media backlash. Pat attributed the cancellation due to unforeseen technical issues and claimed the early hologram was put forward without her approval, even though she was in the audience at The Voice that evening. This new hologram is definitely an improvement but still misses the mark.

I have a hard time imagining that Whitney would be cool with this idea. If anything positive comes of this, I hope they release some unreleased recordings of hers from the vault. I just find this entire concept so disrespectful to her memory. It's sad that her family needs to continue to ride on her financial coat tails. I was happy to hear in a recent interview on The Talk that Dionne does not support this project.
    Last edited by carlo; 02-20-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Robyn Crawford had the best reaction to this hologram travesty -- @22:15

Ha - yes, Robyn's response is gold. Williams is a ... ghoul, as are her magpie fans who will hoot and holler about anything the ... person ... says. How she maintains an audience is an example of the worst of human behavior. Kharma's a bitch, they say, but not as much of one as Wendy Williams.

Never been a Williams fan...in fact, I'm not sure I know anyone who is! Her look is so over the top. When we were kids, we used to say ladies like her "use a shovel to put her make up on!" Her face has truly become mask-like.

thatanyway Guest
    Please, world, stop the madness. This is disgusting. I HOPE the ''consumers'' all say NO THANKS jointly, clearly show ventures like these that there's no point in trying to sell stuff like this.