[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson, U.S. Cultural Ambassador in Slovenia!

Looking better than ever! I see one of my favorites, Hollis Paysuer has rejoined Mary's band.

Great. Maybe she can help more of FLOTUS’s family chain migrate to the States. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    Great. Maybe she can help more of FLOTUS’s family chain migrate to the States. 
    Too funny for words, and sadly true. Slovenia, for g*d's sake. Hard to realize this is not a joke.

OMG! I just watched this again. Mary even has Ray Pannell,her guitarist back! Mark Zier, her music director of course was there. These guys have been with Mary for over 30 years! Wow.

Mary is on a world tour. She sure can bring some love!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    She's performed on every continent and just about every country in the world over the last 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Shes not on a world tour. Shes playing a few oversees US Embassy private shows hopefully not at the request of President Pus*y Grabber. Shes got 10 more dates this year plus a week long Malt Cruise in November. Marys certainly busy but you and your BFF/best gal need to stop inflatting her gigs and be happy shes working.

Your gal Diane has 33 remaining gigs in the US and the UK and Europe and that isnt a world tour either.

We can’t just be happy for her instead of being negative

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    We can’t just be happy for her instead of being negative
    Nobodys being negative dear we are being honest. Its just real ridiculous the way the BFFs exaggeratte Miss Wilsons career and i know she wouldn’t appreciated it.

Wait, why is she doing shows for Trump? Lol

She looks great though.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Wait, why is she doing shows for Trump? Lol

She looks great though.
    She is a U.S. Ambassador. She is doing it for America! Besides, as unpopular as Trump is, which in turn has hurt the Global standing of the U.S., they should be on their knees thanking Mary Wilson! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is a U.S. Ambassador. She is doing it for America! Besides, as unpopular as Trump is, which in turn has hurt the Global standing of the U.S., they should be on their knees thanking Mary Wilson! LOL!
    Mary is everywhere. She is the only musical artist to accompany three Popes on pilgrimages to the Holy Land, performing at each of the stops where Jesus carried the cross.

Both of you need to put a lid on it
    Mary is everywhere. She is the only musical artist to accompany three Popes on pilgrimages to the Holy Land, performing at each of the stops where Jesus carried the cross.

I believe she is a former US Cultural Ambassador.

Not to mention, Mary is a best-selling author, former U.S. Cultural Ambassador, motivational speaker, and continues to share her musical talents with the world.

https://bluestarfam.org/2019/08/a-mi...lsons-concert/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I believe she is a former US Cultural Ambassador.

Not to mention, Mary is a best-selling author, former U.S. Cultural Ambassador, motivational speaker, and continues to share her musical talents with the world.

https://bluestarfam.org/2019/08/a-mi...lsons-concert/
    She also replaced Princess Diana as the Worldwide representative for HDI [[Humpty Dumpty Institute). To find and destroy forgotten landmines and bombs left in countries around the World.

I think it’s high time that Queen Elizabeth bestow an honorary Order of the British Empire [[OBE) on Mary Wilson. She has done and continues to do more for mankind than any cultural ambassador in the history of the US. Angelina Jolie better watch out!!!

I know she was at one point [[some other President made her one) but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I know she was at one point [[some other President made her one) but not anymore.
    In 2003 Mary Wilson was appointed a Cultural Ambassador by US Secretary of State Colin Powell and the Bush administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    In 2003 Mary Wilson was appointed a Cultural Ambassador by US Secretary of State Colin Powell and the Bush administration.
    Thanks. I figured it was Dubya's administration but I wasn't sure.

As usual Mary has to be taken down a few pegs. Can't have threads saluting her, even when the claims are a bit exaggerated. Whether you make Mary Wilson out to be the best that has ever done it or make her out to be the worst that has ever done it, one thing is for sure: Mary Wilson has accomplished a lot in her lifetime. Certainly more than most in this forum, I imagine.

Can you imagine a Vandella or Marvelette being the ambassador of anything other than Motown? Mary could've easily fallen into obscurity, as so many singers in her position have done. She may not be my favorite Supreme, and I certainly have my criticisms, but she sure does commend my respect. I'd actually vote for her to be honored at Black Girls Rock. She'd definitely be a woman I'd want young girls to emulate. The tenacity to keep going and exceed expectations, this should be lauded.

In the real world, anyway. Certainly not this forum.

Well said RanRan

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    As usual Mary has to be taken down a few pegs. Can't have threads saluting her, even when the claims are a bit exaggerated. Whether you make Mary Wilson out to be the best that has ever done it or make her out to be the worst that has ever done it, one thing is for sure: Mary Wilson has accomplished a lot in her lifetime. Certainly more than most in this forum, I imagine.

Can you imagine a Vandella or Marvelette being the ambassador of anything other than Motown? Mary could've easily fallen into obscurity, as so many singers in her position have done. She may not be my favorite Supreme, and I certainly have my criticisms, but she sure does commend my respect. I'd actually vote for her to be honored at Black Girls Rock. She'd definitely be a woman I'd want young girls to emulate. The tenacity to keep going and exceed expectations, this should be lauded.

In the real world, anyway. Certainly not this forum.
    Tearing down Mary isnÂ’t the point of cracking jokes at the absurdity of the motive behind these constant posts. MaryÂ’s the keeper of the flame of the Supremes and in many instances, Motown itself. We think itÂ’s great that sheÂ’s still out there looking great and carrying on.

What needs to be exposed is the fact that someone in this forum who she has verbally identified as a total creep continues to post about her every move as if he’s carrying out a bizarre “who’s more newsworthy” contest between her and her former bandmate who is lucky enough to have become a global superstar.

If Mary and said individual were friends or if he actually attended any of these events heÂ’s so hellbent in promoting [[NYC hint hint), weÂ’d probably take these posts more seriously.

Puffing Mary up with a incessant posts about her subpar solo recording career [[potential “smash”? LOL), obscure events played, or upcoming sure-to-be sparsely attended gigs simply because Diana Ross makes headlines for a #1 dance single, an appearance on the Grammys, or heaven-forbid, is referenced as an influencer, seems a bit loony to me.

Then again, I donÂ’t live in the real world where Mary Wilson is a household name and deserves a bevy of awards and tributes.

And the hits just keep on coming.
    Tearing down Mary isnÂ’t the point of cracking jokes at the absurdity of the motive behind these constant posts. MaryÂ’s the keeper of the flame of the Supremes and in many instances, Motown itself. We think itÂ’s great that sheÂ’s still out there looking great and carrying on.

What needs to be exposed is the fact that someone in this forum who she has verbally identified as a total creep continues to post about her every move as if he’s carrying out a bizarre “who’s more newsworthy” contest between her and her former bandmate who is lucky enough to have become a global superstar.

If Mary and said individual were friends or if he actually attended any of these events heÂ’s so hellbent in promoting [[NYC hint hint), weÂ’d probably take these posts more seriously.

Puffing Mary up with a incessant posts about her subpar solo recording career [[potential “smash”? LOL), obscure events played, or upcoming sure-to-be sparsely attended gigs simply because Diana Ross makes headlines for a #1 dance single, an appearance on the Grammys, or heaven-forbid, is referenced as an influencer, seems a bit loony to me.

Then again, I donÂ’t live in the real world where Mary Wilson is a household name and deserves a bevy of awards and tributes.

So what? There are some here who posts about Diana's every move. As huge of a Diana fan as I am, I was so annoyed last year during her bday celebration when a million posts appeared regarding every aspect of the event. "PERSON A ATTENDED DIANA ROSS' BIRTHDAY PARTY", "BEYONCE SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DIANA ROSS", "DIANA ROSS ATE CAKE AT HER BIRTHDAY PARTY", etc. And guess who didn't bother popping in to most of those threads? This guy right here------->RanRan79. I was forewarned before going into the thread that it would be yet another "who gives a shit" detail about this woman's birthday party, thanks to the subject title. So the question begs to be answered: if you know a thread is about Mary Wilson, and the content will surely contain posts made by her biggest fan, who may also exaggerate Mary's accomplishments, why be bothered with the thread at all? I enjoy a good ribbing at one or more Supreme members' expense, but some of y'all get carried away, and then turn it all personal.