[REMOVE ADS]

THE NIGHT - The Four Seasons Mixes History

Here is our latest blog post which documents the history of how 43 STEREO Mixes of this track were produced at Mowest/Motown between 1972 and 1975 and yet the track was never released in the USA.

It is a dance floor classic everywhere else and Frankie Valli even does it in concert to US audiences who are often perplexed as many have never heard it or knew it was a hit.

Chameleon - The Four Seasons UK Appreciation Society

https://thatfourseasonssound.typepad...PQsFj_YJiCUd28

How desirable is it that the tapes are in the hands of the Partnership rather than Motown's from a fan's perspective? Does it mean that there's no chance of any FV&4S tracks in any Motown Unreleased 1971/1972 sets?

Quote Originally Posted by mowestchameleon View Post
    Here is our latest blog post which documents the history of how 43 STEREO Mixes of this track were produced at Mowest/Motown between 1972 and 1975 and yet the track was never released in the USA.

It is a dance floor classic everywhere else and Frankie Valli even does it in concert to US audiences who are often perplexed as many have never heard it or knew it was a hit.

Chameleon - The Four Seasons UK Appreciation Society

https://thatfourseasonssound.typepad...PQsFj_YJiCUd28
    Interesting info about my fellow Jersey Boys - thanks for alerting me to your Society.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    How desirable is it that the tapes are in the hands of the Partnership rather than Motown's from a fan's perspective? Does it mean that there's no chance of any FV&4S tracks in any Motown Unreleased 1971/1972 sets?
    Universal Motown have for 10 years plus said and sadly Bob Gaudio agreed that there were no completed tracks left at Motown. We knew better and researched the Tape Index and the Artists Cards. Of course whilst Jersey Boys was at it's peak Bob Gaudio didn't want the distraction. Our Facebook Campaign has been an attempt to get SOMEONE to admit the truth and release the music.

The Snapper Project has been the first vehicle to enable that to happen and for 18 months they have been pursuing Contracts but whilst Warner/Rhino etc have agreed the list of tracks and said just add any more you find unreleased........Universal have had to be paid to transfer the tapes to Bob Gaudio for evaluation for the project.......he has approved 13 but in my opinion hasn't fully researched the tapes[he has the Neil Diamond show on Broadway to launch] So now everyone is waiting for Universal to COMPLETE contracts and make the Masters available to the UK Engineer. This is proving extremely difficult .....and with such stories who knows when we will get the tracks out.......or when the tapes will be re-visited. But getting 16 track transfer means at least a COPY is preserved for future evaluation/release. We have to be grateful for small mercies.......but one bonus is we have found several alternate mixes already left in the Four Seasons Partnership tape archive......and superb they are.

But the prospect of another dedicated FOUR SEASONS SESSION TAPES set being released in the future would need a sea-change in Universals CONTRACT and ARCHIVE departments. it is crazy that in 2020 with the industry racked with doubt re future income they can't find a way to make money from their catalogue and to manage their internal sales resources.

Amazing detective work. In all those mixes the US could not find the "hit"?

Motown UK had more taste.

I'd like to hear these unreleased tracks! Especially the Motown version of "My Eyes Adored You".

So Frankie sings "The Night" in concert, even in the US? It is a banging track!! I thought it was a shame it was not included in the Jersey Boys musical [[especially as I saw the UK version).

My Eyes Adored you has less strings overdub and Frankie sings a different closing lyric re 'why he let her go'........this was lined up for release on the Unreleased 1974 album before they left the label......

Here is the link to our blog news with the details of our research of MOTOWN Tapes found in the Four Seasons Partnership Archives......with several Unreleased Masters. http://thatfourseasonssound.typepad.com/seasonally/