[REMOVE ADS]

Yesterday, Today, Forever - Holland-Dozier-Holland 3-LP Set [[1977)

I just finished reading Eddie and Brian Holland's book. There's an interesting discography at the end of the book. It lists 'Yesterday, Today, Forever' as having been released in 1977. There are some Eddie Holland recordings on it.

Does anyone have this? I tried looking online but couldn't find any clips. I'm especially interested to hear his version of 'I Can't Go On Living Without Your Love'

I do have the album, and I'll dig out the track. It will be in a few days time, so if anyone actually has the track available earlier than I can provide, please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    I just finished reading Eddie and Brian Holland's book. There's an interesting discography at the end of the book. It lists 'Yesterday, Today, Forever' as having been released in 1977. There are some Eddie Holland recordings on it.

Does anyone have this? I tried looking online but couldn't find any clips. I'm especially interested to hear his version of 'I Can't Go On Living Without Your Love'
    Is I Can't Go On the Isley Brother's track from '68[[?), I think?

The Islets had a song called "I Can't Go On Sharing Your Love" which I love and Chuck Jackson did too. Much later, Thelma Houston had "I Can't Go On Living Without Your Love"

Thanks MikeW. Looking forward to hearing that song.

motown01, it will be a little longer I’m sorry to tell you. I spent a couple of hours today humping and opening numerous boxes searching for Yesterday, Today, Forever, and having gone through a thousand plus albums still hadn’t found it. I did take the time to recover a number of albums from storage for ripping from vinyl. I retrieved the entire Willie Hutch albums and the entire Originals albums [[all the Motown plus their recordings on other labels)and the two Ronnie Mcneir Motown albums. Also all the High Inergy albums. I’ll go back in the storage area later this week.

I am really wondering what the hell do I do with the thousands of soul albums, box sets, singles, cds, cassettes, books and magazines I have collected over more than half a century. I suspect they will all go to landfill��. Yikes.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. It's a shame that some of these albums have never been released in newer formats - especially in this case where Yesterday, Today, Forever now sells for around $400.

Success! After several hours searching through crates, found the album. I 'll record the requested track and post soonest. Cheers, Mike

Name:  PAGE 1 IMG_20200518_165936061 [[2).jpg
Views: 569
Size:  92.3 KBName:  PAGE 3 IMG_20200518_165944271.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  95.9 KBName:  PAGE 4 IMG_20200518_165940508.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  94.4 KBName:  PAGE 2 IMG_20200518_165820347.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  98.5 KB

Would you believe it?!!? As I was setting up my kit for the rip of the track, I decided to do a quick search on google. The track was uploaded to YouTube on 1st March!!!! In fact, the entire album has been uploaded. Furthermore, if you look at what the poster has uploaded, you'll see some interesting stuff. Both Lawrence Hilton Jacobs albums are there and the album produced by Lamont Dozier is highly recommended. Also try the Revelation album - it is absolutely superb, one of my favourites for group harmonies.

Oh well, at least I unearthed the album again! Oh, and take a look to see how well organised the guy's record collection is. Envious, I have to wade through huge amounts of crates in my shed.

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 05-18-2020 at 01:05 PM.

That sounds great - very nice vocal. It's the same song as recorded by Thelma Houston of course.

I'll also mention that for those of you who would like to hear the full album of The Hearts Of Stone on Motown, he has posted the full album. He has some really interesting stuff on his video list, a lot of really good soul, and some other stuff which might be a little too lightweight for some tastes. Still he has put in a lot of work and his site is definitely worth visiting for browsing.

Mystery singer, such a shame that Eddie decided that he would curtail his singing career. Financially of course, it was a brilliant decision for him, and also we all benefitted from his songwriting talents, but he does have such a great vocal talent. Brian is very good also.
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 05-18-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Yes I enjoy a lot of Eddie's vocal work [[not to mention Brian's and Lamont Dozier's too). I absolutely love "Little Miss Ruby".

This is great. Thanks so much for sharing.

I have this by Thelma Houston.

Here's the full list of songs and artists on this 3LP set...

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Yest...elease/6022935

Grape