[REMOVE ADS]

Janet jackson on jimmy fallon monday, feb 10

Janet will be on Jimmy Fallon's TONIGHT SHOW, tomorrow, Feb 10th.

Is there anything that she will be promoting?

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Janet Jackson; Jane Levy; Jo
    4 NBCH
    11:34PM-12:37AM

Singer Janet Jackson; actress Jane Levy; actress Jo Firestone.

A lot of fans are gossiping/hoping that it's a new album or single. Perhaps she will be announcing a summer tour.

She is announcing a new album AND a tour.

Janet puts on a great show. I will definitely get tickets.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48814360

Did you see her performance at Glastonbury in 2019? Very weak vocals!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48814360

Did you see her performance at Glastonbury in 2019? Very weak vocals!
    She was dreadful at Glastonbury and was equally bad at a festival in Australia towards the end of last year when she soundly booed and derided by fans and critics alike.
    Her one saving grace is that she puts on a visually entertaining show. You do not go to a Janet Jackson show to hear good singing, or indeed any live singing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She was dreadful at Glastonbury and was equally bad at a festival in Australia towards the end of last year when she soundly booed and derided by fans and critics alike.
    Her one saving grace is that she puts on a visually entertaining show. You do not go to a Janet Jackson show to hear good singing, or indeed any live singing.
    The UK, though, seems to have a rather inconsistent view of lip-synching. A while back I was looking at clips of the Banarama tour and was quite surprised that it was totally mimed, as are PSB live shows. UK posters claimed that Americans were unnecessarily obsessed with performers singing live. What say you?

I’ve been to several of her concerts. I like her voice, her music, and the choreography. She puts on a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    The UK, though, seems to have a rather inconsistent view of lip-synching. A while back I was looking at clips of the Banarama tour and was quite surprised that it was totally mimed, as are PSB live shows. UK posters claimed that Americans were unnecessarily obsessed with performers singing live. What say you?
    Bananarama always lip synched because they were totally incapable of singing live. They were terrible back in the day and they have certainly not got any better as the years have advanced.
    I wouldn't say Americans were obsessed with performers singing live. Some tv shows ask the performers to mime because it is far easier and less costly to set up equipment, but most genuinely talented performers will ask to sing live if it is possible to do so.

Fans walked out of an RNB Friday event in droves on Friday night just two songs into Janet Jackson's headlining performance.

Furious concertgoers accused the 53-year-old singer of lip syncing during her performance in Brisbane.

They also slammed the Black Eye Peas for starting their set 30 minutes late.

It comes just a week after fans slammed Ms Jackson's performance at the RNB Friday sister event in Perth on November 8.

Reveller Stuart Watson told The Sunday Mail that Ms Jackson's set was a 'disaster'.
    'When Janet Jackson came on it was just a disaster,' he said.

'Her sound was just terrible. She would be singing and then all of a sudden just do random stuff.'

Stacey-Anne Ritchie said she had never seen so many people walk out of a concert.
    Video footage showed Ms Jackson performing but she does not sound out of breath despite jumping around on stage.

While many blasted the sound quality not everyone agreed with the negative sentiments.

'I cant believe all of the people bagging the artists,' one woman wrote.

'I can't fault them and as for Janet Jackson I think we need to remember shes not 20-something anymore and with her choreography singing would be hard.'

The woman also commended Jason Derulo and the Black Eye Peas.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...nce/ar-BBWQiM2

Tina Turner is not known for performing low-energy shows and yet at 70 she was able to sing and dance for 2 hours. 53 ain't dead.

Janet Jackson was not known for being a powerful singer so she can afford to use a backtrack. As long as she keeps performing high energy shows at her age, she'll always fill an arena or stadium.

Her new album and tour are both named Black Diamond. I think Black Diamond is her production company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Bananarama always lip synched because they were totally incapable of singing live. They were terrible back in the day and they have certainly not got any better as the years have advanced.
    I wouldn't say Americans were obsessed with performers singing live. Some tv shows ask the performers to mime because it is far easier and less costly to set up equipment, but most genuinely talented performers will ask to sing live if it is possible to do so.
    It could be, and probably is, that the few anecdotal pro-Bananarama/lip sync defenders were defending only because of their love of the group [[similar to how JJ's fans defend and rationalize her lip syncing). Sarah Brightman is another example [[or so I've heard).

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I’ve been to several of her concerts. I like her voice, her music, and the choreography. She puts on a great show.
    Agreed. Janet commands her own niche as a live performer. The choreography, the visuals and the music all come together for a fantastic concert. I have seen her several times and she has never disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Janet Jackson was not known for being a powerful singer so she can afford to use a backtrack. As long as she keeps performing high energy shows at her age, she'll always fill an arena or stadium.

Her new album and tour are both named Black Diamond. I think Black Diamond is her production company.
    I like Janet. But Jam & Lewis did miracles with producing songs that didn't require strong pipes to sing well. Personally, I hate seeing singers bounce around like whirling dervishes on stage while their voices remain at an even keel and never seem to reflect the effort it takes to sing while dancing. When I pay to see a concert, I want to hear those inflections and imperfections, not watch the stage version of a music video. But I may be in the minority.

Can't wait to see Janet Jackson at the ESSENCE Festival is New Orleans, July 1-5, 2020. I don't care if she's lip-syncing or have a bunch of young dancers swirling all around her. I don't expect to see a 50-something moving like a 20-something during her Rhythm Nation Tour, in what one reviewer called "an elaborately choreographed spectacle." I hope all the armchair producers and choreographers would give it a rest. Besides, in my Eddie Kang, Jr's voice of The Five Heartbeats, "Y'all ain't out there singing and dancing"...

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWise View Post
    Can't wait to see Janet Jackson at the ESSENCE Festival is New Orleans, July 1-5, 2020. I don't care if she's lip-syncing or have a bunch of young dancers swirling all around her. I don't expect to see a 50-something moving like a 20-something during her Rhythm Nation Tour, in what one reviewer called "an elaborately choreographed spectacle." I hope all the armchair producers and choreographers would give it a rest. Besides, in my Eddie Kang, Jr's voice of The Five Heartbeats, "Y'all ain't out there singing and dancing"...
    Indeed. Excellent point. She's almost 40 years into her career and has done it like no other, setting a standard. I hope you enjoy her in New Orleans. I hope to see her in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I like Janet. But Jam & Lewis did miracles with producing songs that didn't require strong pipes to sing well. Personally, I hate seeing singers bounce around like whirling dervishes on stage while their voices remain at an even keel and never seem to reflect the effort it takes to sing while dancing. When I pay to see a concert, I want to hear those inflections and imperfections, not watch the stage version of a music video. But I may be in the minority.
    Oh no I definitely understand that. I'm like 95% with you all the way on that.

That said, Janet never ran on her vocals, it was always as a performer.