[REMOVE ADS]

Kirk Douglas dead at 103

A legend. Everybody had a favorite Kirk Douglas movie back in the day. He lived a long and remarkable life and I pray that his loved ones will celebrate it instead of letting the grief of his passing overwhelm them.

Just found out! Sad news however, he did live a long & rich life. RIP Kirk Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    A legend. Everybody had a favorite Kirk Douglas movie back in the day. He lived a long and remarkable life and I pray that his loved ones will celebrate it instead of letting the grief of his passing overwhelm them.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  21.1 KB
    Being as my family has had many members live to be over 95 years old [[and several over 100 just in my living memory, I'd venture to say, based on our own experience, that when someone has lived that long, the younger, surviving relatives are much more prepared for their relative's passing, and so, it is not nearly as tough on them as it is when someone much younger dies, and we feel like they were "cheated" or "shortchanged" out of having more good experiences , and we feel cheated out of being able to spend more quality time with them. When people finally pass on at over 100 years of age, it is most often not a terribly painful, and tragic death from a fast-growing cancer, or a tragic accident, like it is for many who die young. So, they are often tired, and ready to go, and many are relatively at peace, feeling that they've lived a long and good life. So, although I know that Kirk Douglas' sons and grandchildren will miss him very much, I don't think that they'll be devastated by not being able to be together with
    him anymore. We can't expect people to live an active, vibrant life much longer than 103-105 or so.

I think they'll be celebrating that they had such a long time together with him. He had a terrible stroke many years ago and recovered from it to have many good years after. So, they probably feel very lucky he didn't die then.

A long life and career,kirk was da man,great actor and from what i've read and heard over the years a good person,his book[the ragman's son]is must reading for fans..it would've been great to see kirk and michael do a film together,spartacus holds a special place in my movie collection-r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    A long life and career,kirk was da man,great actor and from what i've read and heard over the years a good person,his book[the ragman's son]is must reading for fans..it would've been great to see kirk and michael do a film together,spartacus holds a special place in my movie collection-r.i.p.
    Read all nonfiction books. Great writer.