[REMOVE ADS]

Eddie Kendrick 1975 Concert

This should have been released as a live album!

More good soul,marv i saw the great eddie in the early seventies and he had the ladies fainting in the ailes,he called three ladies up and crooned[can i]hell..i damn near fainted,hehehehehe...eddie kendricks-a soul legend!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    More good soul,marv i saw the great eddie in the early seventies and he had the ladies fainting in the ailes,he called three ladies up and crooned[can i]hell..i damn near fainted,hehehehehe...eddie kendricks-a soul legend!!
    You're killing me....LOL!!!!

The visual lol

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    The visual lol
    Excellent find Blackguy69!!! I have seen still photos from this concert back at the time, but am seeing it for the first time here. I am going to have to figure out to download and save it.

Nice !!

this is my cue to say

boogie down baby !!!

[[have mercy!)

very brave to start the show and let the crowd rush the stage [[small platform!) like that,
    that could get ugly.

I've got to drive out into the country today .This'll be someting good to play and listen to on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Nice !!

this is my cue to say

boogie down baby !!!

[[have mercy!)

very brave to start the show and let the crowd rush the stage [[small platform!) like that,
    that could get ugly.

I've got to drive out into the country today .This'll be someting good to play and listen to on the way!
    That is how Eddie was! He was rare. He actually appreciated his fans and the people that came out to see him perform. The last time I saw him perform in late 1990 at Chassie's in downtown Detroit. He came over to our table several times during his performance.

Eddie was always my second favorite Motown act after Marvin. One of the coolest, stylish men Motown produced.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is how Eddie was! He was rare. He actually appreciated his fans and the people that came out to see him perform. The last time I saw him perform in late 1990 at Chassie's in downtown Detroit. He came over to our table several times during his performance.
    For some reason , it never occurred to me to try to see Eddie in person, but I am envious. Did you see him more than once Marv? Do you know if he toured the West coast much? listening here, he seems to be an entertainer of few words when performing on stage.

I enjoyed listening to this , the TAKE THE DAY OFF [[?) song kind of silly, and the audience applause sounds piped in , but I liked listening to his voice and his band knew what it was doing and seemed to stray [[have fun ) at parts making it fresh without getting too varied. At times he vocally reminds me of Smokey.
    I never knew until now that the call out line someone makes on BOOGIE DOWN was 'mmmmm, have mercy!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    For some reason , it never occurred to me to try to see Eddie in person, but I am envious. Did you see him more than once Marv? Do you know if he toured the West coast much? listening here, he seems to be an entertainer of few words when performing on stage.

I enjoyed listening to this , the TAKE THE DAY OFF [[?) song kind of silly, and the audience applause sounds piped in , but I liked listening to his voice and his band knew what it was doing and seemed to stray [[have fun ) at parts making it fresh without getting too varied. At times he vocally reminds me of Smokey.
    I never knew until now that the call out line someone makes on BOOGIE DOWN was 'mmmmm, have mercy!'.
    I saw Eddie in concert several times over the years. Each time it was like a party in your living room. He was the consummate entertainer! From the time he would bop on to the stage, come out into the audience, do his little dances back on stage you knew you were getting your money's worth and that he absolutely loved what he was doing.

It was something that the best Motown acts had an obvious love of the stage. With Smokey, you would spend as much time laughing as you would grooving to his music. That man could have easily been a professional comedian! With Eddie, he would be smiling the whole time he was performing and people would jump up and dance, he'd come out into the audience and dance with some of the women there and shake hands with the guys. He would always be dressed very sharp [[fashionable). He'd thank the audience multiple times [[not just for the standing ovations either).

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Eddie was always my second favorite Motown act after Marvin. One of the coolest, stylish men Motown produced.
    I don't think I've ever seen a male performer that dressed better than Eddie Kendricks.