[REMOVE ADS]

The Village People "The Album Collection 1977-1985" 10CD box set [[Edsel UK) 3/20/2020

Village People were a phenomenon and one of the most successful pop groups of the late-1970s, selling tens of millions of records worldwide, charting one of the all-time Top 40 best-selling singles. They were known for their catchy tunes, on-stage costumes and suggestive lyrics but they transcended all barriers. They simply released great pop records, which were mostly composed and produced by Jacques Morali for Can't Stop Productions, Inc., who came up with the group's concept. This 9 album collection covers the group's albums from the debut 1977 'Village People', up to 1985's 'Sex Over The Phone', including 1979's double album 'Live And Sleazy', which has been reproduced within the set on two discs. The albums are packaged in mini replica sleeves, including gatefold wallets for 'Live And Sleazy' and 'Can't Stop The Music'. For the 40th anniversary of the group, Victor Willis re-joined and backed by a live band, Village People continue to thrill concert-goers around the world - as they did back in the day - and as seen in New York's Times Square on New Year's Eve 2019, the eve of a sixth decade of their popularity.

Tracklist
    TBA
    Amazon USA
    Available for pre-order soon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084GSS7QL/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084GSS7QL/?tag=imwan-21

Gosh...between this and the recently-announced "Gold" collection, that sounds like overkill. I did not think they were THAT popular. In fact I have never even heard of that Sex on the Phone album. Anyway, I will not be buying either one, but I encourage their fans to go for it and as I have stated on here many times, "Keep Them Coming."

just as with Donna , I embrace only the Casablanca years of The Village People, but I too am glad these collections are being created for those who want them.

I have to watch this video every so often especially if I'm wanting a smile :

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    just as with Donna , I embrace only the Casablanca years of The Village People, but I too am glad these collections are being created for those who want them.

I have to watch this video every so often especially if I'm wanting a smile :

This is funny. Definitely made me smile.

July 4th:

On his Birthday, remembering Jacques Morali [1947-1991]; disco and dance music record producer and songwriter; The Ritchie Family; Village People......

July 7th:

Happy Birthday to David Hodo [Richard Davis Hodo]; dancer, singer and actor; the construction worker with Village People...