[REMOVE ADS]

I Love Every Little Thing About You

Stevie Wonder

Syreeta

Charlene

Many thanks for sharing these.

A great song that was sadly never a big hit.

I first heard this song when Syreeta's version was released on single, probably on Tony Blackburn's breakfast show on Radio 1.

I heard Stevie's when I got the album "Music Of My Mind" for Christmas in 1972.

Now I've heard Charlene's version.

Of the three, I like Stevie's version the most. It sits on what I feel is the stronger of the two sides of "Music Of My Mind", sandwiched between "Superwoman" and "Sweet Little Girl". [[The B-side contains the fabulous "Girl Blue" and "Evil" but also contains the over-long "Happier Than The Morning Sun" and the over-long "Keep On Running.")

Syreeta's version was too far ahead of its time with a staccato "body popping" style before body popping or hip-hop had even been invented. Shame, really.

Charlene's version takes Syreeta's vocal arrangement and adds a more conventional backing track along the lines of Stevie's original. A nice blend, and as a stand-alone track it's great, but not as good as Stevie's version.

Thanks for sharing these Mysterysinger. Love both Stevie's & Syreeta's versions of "I Love Every Little About You" [[didn't know about Charlene's version of the song until now). Also feel that Wonder's "ILELTAY" would've made a stronger A-side than "Superwoman" [[while that's also a great song, it's really not 'hit single material').

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks for sharing these Mysterysinger. Love both Stevie's & Syreeta's versions of "I Love Every Little About You" [[didn't know about Charlene's version of the song until now). Also feel that Wonder's "ILELTAY" would've made a stronger A-side than "Superwoman" [[while that's also a great song, it's really not 'hit single material').

It was "Superwoman" that attracted me to "Music Of My Mind". As with pretty much every other Motown single release from that era, I heard "Superwoman" being played by Tony Blackburn on his breakfast show and the single's fade, which is the synth interlude between the two parts of the song, fascinated me.

My favourite version of this song is by Barry White proteges "White Heat" featuring lead vocals from Bobby DeBarge.

https://youtu.be/FCm6EEwVz-k

Quote Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
    It was "Superwoman" that attracted me to "Music Of My Mind". As with pretty much every other Motown single release from that era, I heard "Superwoman" being played by Tony Blackburn on his breakfast show and the single's fade, which is the synth interlude between the two parts of the song, fascinated me.
    Same here. The full length version of "Superwoman" was played on radio a lot [[along with "Keep On Runnin") when Music Of My Mind first came out and I thought it was the best thing Stevie had ever done [[of course, he would top himself several times during the '70s).

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Same here. The full length version of "Superwoman" was played on radio a lot [[along with "Keep On Runnin") when Music Of My Mind first came out and I thought it was the best thing Stevie had ever done [[of course, he would top himself several times during the '70s).
    Most people only manage to top themselves the once. Thereafter it’s too late to try again.

But, then again, Stevie has always been an exceptionally talented guy.

Wow! Didn't know that Stevie's "I Love Every Little Thing About You" attracted so many remakes! It just backs up my feelings that Motown would've gotten a bigger hit if the song was issued as an A-side in early 1972. PS; Thanks for sharing Grapevine.

...if you're on Facebook ...check out ...Motown From The Vaults group ...over 20,000 Motown covers posted so far ...and counting...!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    My favourite version of this song is by Barry White proteges "White Heat" featuring lead vocals from Bobby DeBarge.

https://youtu.be/FCm6EEwVz-k
    Nice version! My favourite is Syreeta's.