[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Actually Marv is it, you're just using it wrong. Delusionism is "a contemporary art movement characterized by portraying a contradictory or even comedic subject matter."

But we love you anyway. We make not like you all of the time, but we love ya just the same. Well, some of us do, anyway.
    no...you must be delusional. Marv’s insane obsession with Diana Ross far outweighs his “contributions” to this forum. I really don’t give a rat’s ass that he remembers when his Aunt Bea bought a Mable John record 60 years ago or that he heard a GC Cameron single on the radio when he was in elementary school. His vitriol is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    no...you must be delusional. Marv’s insane obsession with Diana Ross far outweighs his “contributions” to this forum. I really don’t give a rat’s ass that he remembers when his Aunt Bea bought a Mable John record 60 years ago or that he heard a GC Cameron single on the radio when he was in elementary school. His vitriol is disgusting.
    His obsession is insane. You'll get no arguments from me. Likewise, the obsession some forum members have with him is equally as insane. One might argue the obsession they have with him is even more insane considering famous people always have mentally ill folks obsessing over them. Why random forum members would obsess over another random forum member is probably best left for professionals in the mental health field to sort out. I am not qualified.

I also don't take insults to Diana Ross personal. She should, but I shouldn't, since those insults are not about me. Besides, Marv's shenanigans are so over the top ridiculous- except when he's wishing harm on someone- that it's often comic relief to knock down his random postings about Diana Ross with facts and figures, which often contradict whatever he said.

So I don't think the delusions around here belong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Detroit twice hosted the Super Bowl in 1982 and 2006. Aretha Franklin was joined by Aaron Neville to sing the National Anthem.
    Oh OK I stand corrected. I guess it was only played once in the Silver Dome. Sort of surprised Diana took the job in 1982 , would have thought at this particular point in her career she'd want to distance herself from her former Motortown association. Also seems a missed opportunity that in neither year , 1982 or 2006, the half-time show didn't take the opportunity to feature Motown music. [[Rolling Stones in 2006) ...

I think it’s time for the moderators to shut down this thread. Yet another productive and positive discussion has been tainted by hateful obsession and personal attacks. I’ve hear of obsessed fans before but this is the only entertainment-forum I belong to where one person is so NEGATIVELY obsessed with a celebrity. It’s very disturbing. There are certainly performers I can’t stand but to devote so much time and energy to tearing them down on multiple internet sites and platforms seems deeply disturbing.
    Just put him on ignore. It's the best thing i ever did. He is a deeply troubled individual who is unable to control his disturbing obsession. He is nothing without an audience to bait, and he will never change until he seeks the help he needs. Block him and he will have to find other ways to feed his obsession. You do not need to put up with it.
    Try it. You will not regret it.

I have to agree 100%. In addition to your cogent [[and funny!) comments most of what he posts is regurgitated YT or repetitions of what he [[or others) have already posted. Adding a '!' to a 'new' thread title doesn't make it exciting. I recommend you follow Bluebrock and just put him on IGNORE.

I put him on IGNORE, and it's the best thing I'v done here, but, unfortunately, he is quoted almost systematically. So, I see him anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Oh OK I stand corrected. I guess it was only played once in the Silver Dome. Sort of surprised Diana took the job in 1982 , would have thought at this particular point in her career she'd want to distance herself from her former Motortown association. Also seems a missed opportunity that in neither year , 1982 or 2006, the half-time show didn't take the opportunity to feature Motown music. [[Rolling Stones in 2006) ...
    The NFL made up for it by having a Motown 40th Tribute for the half time show in 1998..

Am I the only one that thinks it looks a little cheesy with Diana Ross coming out wearing a sequined warm up jacket with sequined stars and strips and a sweat band? hehehehehehehe!

am i the only one that thinks it looks a little cheesy with diana ross coming out wearing a sequined warm up jacket with sequined stars and strips and a sweat band? Hehehehehehehe!
    yes you are

hehehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    yes you are

hehehehehehehehe
    Not to mention decades too late ... been too concerned with culture in Slovenia, I guess heeheeheeheeh!

Am I the only one that thinks it looks a little cheesy with Diana Ross coming out wearing a sequined warm up jacket with sequined stars and strips and a sweat band? hehehehehehehe!
    No, you're not the only one. It is cheesy. Of course that aerobics instructor look was just becoming popular, and Diana being the fashionista that she is, she had to step her look up a notch with the sequins. She would soon have a hit with "Work That Body" and the accompanying video is aerobics inspired. I think she got off into the exercise/health thing in the early 80s, so it should come as no surprise that she'd show up to an athletic event looking like she's getting ready to run in the Supreme Olympics. I'm sure at the time the crowd thought Diana looked amazing. But like so many 80s fashion choices, today it comes across on the cheesy side.

It's only seen as cheesy now but in 1982, that was the look.

ANYHOO ... it's interesting to have learned about this, yet another career accomplishment for Diana Ross that we're still talking about 38 years after the fact. Not many singers can claim that kind of longevity.

The NFL made up for it by having a Motown 40th Tribute for the half time show in 1998..
    here's something more about the Motown/Detroit snub Marv:
    [[as i understand it , correct me if I'm wrong , Aaron Neville and Dr. John had already been chosen because of hurricane Katrina, and they just sorta belatedly stuck Aretha in with them , thus the odd pairing. )

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nfl/id/2314488
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-14-2020 at 01:59 PM.

here's something more about the Motown/Detroit snub Marv:
    [[as i understand it , correct me if I'm wrong , Aaron Neville and Dr. John had already been chosen because of hurricane Katrina, and they just sorta belatedly stuck Aretha in with them , thus the odd pairing. )

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nfl/id/2314488
    Oh now that is crazy. No wonder the NFL is having so many problems these days.

Speaking of Diana Ross, the Super Bowl and Motown, this is definitely in my top five of halftime performances there:

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Speaking of Diana Ross, the Super Bowl and Motown, this is definitely in my top five of halftime performances there:

I still can't get over the fact that with all of that publicity, her then-current album did not garner a ton of sales after this. You couldn't get any better promotion than the Super Bowl. We all saw what happened after Michael Jackson performed "Billie Jean" on Motown 25.

Helen on "The Hollywood Palace" in 1966. [[The Supremes) appeared on this show also in 1966:

Try as she might [[distancing herself from her Motortown association....). that is where she will be when it is all said and done......in Detroit!