[REMOVE ADS]

Podcast: Episode 215: Nile Rodgers [[RuPaul: What's The Tee with Michelle Visage)

Podcast: Episode 215: Nile Rodgers [[RuPaul: What's The Tee with Michelle Visage)

RuPaul: What's The Tee with Michelle Visage
    Episode 215: Nile Rodgers

Jul 24, 2019 - 1 hr 17 mins
    In this episode Ru and Michelle are joined by Nile Rodgers. They discuss Chic, Le Freak, Diana Ross, Frank Sinatra, Sister Sledge, Grace Jones, David Bowie, Sheila and B. Devotion, Madonna, Debbie Harry, Marvin Gaye, Rick James, Luther Vandross, and more.
    https://podbay.fm/podcast/855749951/e/1563951600

Rupaul is a great interviewer and definitely did their homework. Very knowledgeable about Nile's career and asked some great questions. Though it was briefly mentioned, I would love to hear Nile's take on Sister Sledge's "When The Boys Meet The Girls" recording. As much as he's credited for putting the sisters on the map with We Are Family it seems like that recording knocked them off the map. It was their last real recording as a quartet outside of the independently 2003 release "Style". It was a hit in the UK and other countries and the song "Frankie" reached number oneoverseas but in the US it was a complete flop. Creatively it wasn't their best work or his. At the time Nile was one of the most in demand producers out there producing the likes of David Bowie, Madonna and Sheena Easton. I'm going to guess that Sister Sledge got the bottom of the barrel as far as material was concerned. Would love to hear his thought on it though. I'm just assuming.