[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Is Last Remaining Main Cast Character Of The Wiz

Just noticed that wiki points out that Diana Ross is the last surviving main cast member of The Wiz.
    Wouldn't it be something if TCM [[ or .... ?) did a special showing in which Diana is invited for an interview and commentary !

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Just noticed that wiki points out that Diana Ross is the last surviving main cast member of The Wiz.
    Wouldn't it be something if TCM [[ or .... ?) did a special showing in which Diana is invited for an interview and commentary !
    Yes it would be but she'd probably decline the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Mary wouldn't ! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Sounds like it would be a rather ghoulish proposition anyway, aka: 'What are you thinking now that everyone else is dead?'

It would be nice to get her memories while she's still around. The movie airs so often. So much history has been lost. But Diana doesn't seem to look back often, only forward.

The fact that her good friend Michael Jackson is deceased, it would be too painful for her to look back and reminisce about this movie.

Mary would go to a q&a about The Flinstones.

All that means is that she's next.

We are long overdue for proper Blu-ray releases of all three of Diana’s theatrical films. I wouldn’t expect many new special features on a Wiz release [[she, Quincy, Rob Cohen, and Joel Schumacher could be interviewed) but it would really nice to have deluxe versions of Lady and Mahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    well , ........yes it does mean if any of these film preservationist/historian types want to garner some inside insight on this movie , they better put their game plan in action quick.
    It would do Diana good to reminiscence and reveal some thoughts about this intriguing part of her life , including working with boy pal Michael Jackson. Hopefully it would bring back good times for her worthy of reflection.
    And hopefully too, at this point in her life Diana can relax a little and have a sense of humor about herself . I'd love to hear her when reflecting about The Wiz recall the way she bulldozed her way into the starring role and laughingly say, "Looking back now, what made me think that me , a mother of three in my mid-thirties, was the perfect choice to play ... of all things, Dorothy!!" lol!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-25-2020 at 02:23 AM.

well , ........yes it does mean if any of these film preservationist/historian types want to garner some inside insight on this movie , they better put their game plan in action quick.
    It would do Diana good to reminiscence and reveal some thoughts about this intriguing part of her life , including working with boy pal Michael Jackson. Hopefully it would bring back good times for her worthy of reflection.
    And hopefully too, at this point in her life Diana can relax a little and have a sense of humor about herself . I'd love to hear her when reflecting about The Wiz recall the way she bulldozed her way into the starring role and laughingly say, "Looking back now, what made me think that me , a mother of three in my mid-thirties, was the perfect choice to play ... of all things, Dorothy!!" lol!
    Yeah. I would like to see her sit in front of a camera and with a straight face tell how she "dreamed she was Dorothy" one night, got up, called Berry Gordy and demanded that she get the part! LOL! If she pretends that that isn't how it went......we'll just pull up the article where she said it! LOL!

Yeah. I would like to see her sit in front of a camera and with a straight face tell how she "dreamed she was Dorothy" one night, got up, called Berry Gordy and demanded that she get the part! LOL! If she pretends that that isn't how it went......we'll just pull up the article where she said it! LOL!
    Well that little tidbit is already being written out of history. No mention of it in wiki anyway.

Here's what it does say:

After film director John Badham learned that Ross was going to play the part of Dorothy, he decided not to direct the film, and Cohen replaced him with Sidney Lumet.[10] Of his decision not to direct The Wiz, John Badham recalled telling Cohen that he thought Ross was "a wonderful singer. She's a terrific actress and a great dancer, but she's not this character. She's not the little six-year-old girl Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz."
    John Badham was at the time riding high on the heels of his SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER success. This would've been his next project. Makes one wonder how different the entirety of the movie would have been....

And you'll never know about it, but she'll outlast you - karma will actually getcha!

two lesser cast members still with us:

Green Footman #1--- Clinton Jackson Age 66
    Rolls Royce Lady ----- Glory Van Scott Age 72