[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thatanyway Guest

Hologram tours.........

Pass me a paper bag quick.

Would you go and see a show with a hologram on stage?

I'm confused. Who is the intended audience for this type of thing?
    [[Is there something I'm missing or didn't get yet???)
    And a dreaded question: ............Is this ''the future''...somehow....?

1) I would not
    2) I don't know
    3) No, there isn't
    4) It just may be
    Bonus: Join me in staying away!

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    1) I would not
    2) I don't know
    3) No, there isn't
    4) It just may be
    Bonus: Join me in staying away!

I LOVE the bonus!

*Away-Stayers!* [[Hope many will join us!)

Quote Originally Posted by thatanyway View Post
    I LOVE the bonus!

*Away-Stayers!* [[Hope many will join us!)
    The idea is, to me, simply ghoulish. As we join together as A-S'ers it will be interesting to see how this progresses. The bits and pieces of other holo's I have seen still seem pretty ... hollow.

thatanyway Guest
    The idea is, to me, simply ghoulish. As we join together as A-S'ers it will be interesting to see how this progresses. The bits and pieces of other holo's I have seen still seem pretty ... hollow.

The A-S Club is hereby open worldwide to all ages, sizes and to their pets!

Whitney... atm... Why are they doing this to her? [[Katching) Hasen't she been through enough...after she passed away? And it took a full two seconds before the commemorative material was top of all the lists.

I recall seeing her live many years ago. And... She was like a caged bird live and alive that time. I recall how she wanted to do this and that in her show and said it to her audience, and how the people behind her prevented her from doing everything she had the impulse to do in the live moment. And now they're going to have a hologram of her?

And it serves as an illustration of what this might turn out to become to a degree. "We don't even need the artist anymore. Great!"

People are going to get used here. Artists and legacies are going to be turned into circus spectacles. Refuse! Artists = artistry. This is the thing.

That rant done... Don't people go to shows for the human factor? Isn't that the very point with music? [[Nope. It's going to be AI cuts with hologram performers?)

Whole thing sounds ...hollow to me!!

I wouldn't either no matter who the artist. It is a bit morbid.

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    I wouldn't either no matter who the artist. It is a bit morbid.
    Extremely morbid.

One recently played near me featuring Buddy Holly and [[I think) Roy Orbison. I was hoping to see a review but no such luck. I must admit that I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    One recently played near me featuring Buddy Holly and [[I think) Roy Orbison. I was hoping to see a review but no such luck. I must admit that I am curious.
    The little clips I've seen were not in the least compelling ...

I'd like to hear reviews also.

It is nothing but a money grab. Appreciate the artists while they are living.

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It is nothing but a money grab. Appreciate the artists while they are living.

I agreeeee!

All generations need THEIR artists too. They need their own heroes to go see in music and sports as well.

Whitney’s hologram concert is a go

Starts next week
    ====================

BURBANK, Calif. [[AP) — Whitney Houston is about to appear on the concert stage again.

Eight years after her death, a holographic Houston will embark on a European tour that starts in England on Feb. 25 and runs through early April, with U.S. dates expected to follow.

“Now is just the right time,” said Pat Houston, the singer’s sister-in-law, former manager and the executor of her estate, which is producing the show in collaboration with BASE Hologram. “In the spirit of Whitney, I know we’re doing all the right things right now.”

Last week, a few dozen members of the media were given a dress-rehearsal preview in Burbank, California of most of “An Evening With Whitney: The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour,” which features a Houston projected onto a nearly invisible scrim on a stage with real dancers and a live backing band.....

https://apnews.com/f502683e5ea30ef0e9f140fe1229d5ee

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post
    Whitney’s hologram concert is a go

Starts next week
    ====================

BURBANK, Calif. [[AP) — Whitney Houston is about to appear on the concert stage again.

Eight years after her death, a holographic Houston will embark on a European tour that starts in England on Feb. 25 and runs through early April, with U.S. dates expected to follow.

“Now is just the right time,” said Pat Houston, the singer’s sister-in-law, former manager and the executor of her estate, which is producing the show in collaboration with BASE Hologram. “In the spirit of Whitney, I know we’re doing all the right things right now.”

Last week, a few dozen members of the media were given a dress-rehearsal preview in Burbank, California of most of “An Evening With Whitney: The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour,” which features a Houston projected onto a nearly invisible scrim on a stage with real dancers and a live backing band.....

https://apnews.com/f502683e5ea30ef0e9f140fe1229d5ee

This tour was the reason why I asked...

Pat Houston? Nuff said.

Apparently, a Billie Holiday hologram now exists. A YouTube video has been posted, but it's not available in my part of the world. Geez...

This is just too much. It's hard to imagine that there is really an audience out there for this. And how much are tickets to these kinds of events? I'd rather watch old performances on Youtube. Authentic performances. I'm betting that Whitney and Billie would cringe if they knew this kind of thing were happening.

thatanyway Guest
    Yes...
    This is something for artists who are with us to get the legal team in for if they want to prevent this sort of thing happening to them one day. That this should be something to think about...! But it is...

candykamaine: Maybe because it's creepy?

Yes...
    This is something for artists who are with us to get the legal team in for if they want to prevent this sort of thing happening to them one day. That this should be something to think about...! But it is...

candykamaine: Maybe because it's creepy?
    yep and plus it won't feel real to me, no matter how good tech gets. It's not the real singer at all singing it, but some computer image with music.

Quote Originally Posted by candykamaine View Post
    yep and plus it won't feel real to me, no matter how good tech gets. It's not the real singer at all singing it, but some computer image with music.
    You can just stay home and watch the music videos on Youtube for free.

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candykamaine View Post

I believe that we have the slogan:

"Not the real singer at all singing it, but some computer image with music!
    Buy your tickets now!"

Nope, I don't like the idea of deceased performers holograms at all. It just creeps me out for some reason.
    Last edited by candykamaine; 02-20-2020 at 05:37 AM.

I’m torn on this

I’d be interested in going to one just see what it’s like

I may prefer a hologram recreation of the 60s Temptations vs seeing current iteration

What is the difference between this and going to a concert by an impersonator?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post
    I’m torn on this

I’d be interested in going to one just see what it’s like

I may prefer a hologram recreation of the 60s Temptations vs seeing current iteration

What is the difference between this and going to a concert by an impersonator?
    At least an impersonator is alive and, one would presume, performing live.

thatanyway Guest

''What's the difference between having a human being on stage and having a three dimensional image of someone who is diseased - to do whatever you wish with without their consent - on stage???''

I quite like some impersonators. 1) It's a human being 2) It's work for a living artist 3) Those shows are sometimes done with a lot of love for the impersonated artist - impersonation is the highest form of flattery they say. A hologram show seems more like robbing a grave.
    And...it's nice when an artist calls what *he does an impersonation... as quite a few have just copied someone's act and called it their own ...but that last bit is another topic.

''What's the difference between having a human being on stage and having a three dimensional image of someone who is diseased - to do whatever you wish with without their consent - on stage???''

I quite like some impersonators. 1) It's a human being 2) It's work for a living artist 3) Those shows are sometimes done with a lot of love for the impersonated artist - impersonation is the highest form of flattery they say. A hologram show seems more like robbing a grave.
    And...it's nice when an artist calls what *he does an impersonation... as quite a few have just copied someone's act and called it their own ...but that last bit is another topic.
    Yes!! Well put.

thatanyway Guest
    Yes!! Well put.

Lol. I'm passionate about music staying human..................etc........

Here's a bonus. Don't you know I've got a leg!

I always hated impersonators.

Pass me a paper bag quick.

Would you go and see a show with a hologram on stage?

Absolutely Not!! You Couldn't Pay Me To Go See ANYONE as a Hologram!

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post

Right on. Not possible to bribe on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    I know right? Paying good money to go and watch a cartoon.

I hear that casper[the friendly ghost]is planning his comeback tour...he and his hologram will appear!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I hear that casper[the friendly ghost]is planning his comeback tour...he and his hologram will appear!
    There is no substance to that rumour.

JAI, he doesn't need a hologram.........he is already a cartoon! LOL!

thatanyway Guest

I heard this too. It will be a tour package with him, Beetlejuice and the ghost from Shakespeare's Hamlet. They will start booking any time they're done hiring the crew. They say they saw it all but right now they're not so sure.

Any other big legend should add this to their wills:

"NO HOLOGRAMS OF ME, PRONTO."