[REMOVE ADS]

Mr. Peanut of Planters fame is dead at 104

RIP. We need to shellibrate his life more than we mourn his passing. Did I read somewhere that he was an Army kernel in WW II?

I guess at the end,he was just a[shell]of himself,but he had a long life and i'm sure a[shell]of a good time-r.i.p.

I met Mr. Peanut and his wife Hazel. They were shopping at Wal-Nut. I remember it like it was yesterday. The Pistachio Sisters "Yes We Pecan Can Can" was playing over the sound system. I could cry salty tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    RIP. We need to shellibrate his life more than we mourn his passing. Did I read somewhere that he was an Army kernel in WW II?
    Yep. He was even a prisoner of war for a short while. He avoided being turned into peanut butter like some of his fellow prisoners.

That's what I thought. Legend holds that he escaped along with a British POW named Henry Reese. They stole some clothes and disguised themselves as a young couple to avoid detection. When the SS caught them and asked who they were, they got away by telling them they were Heinrich Reisse and Reisse's peanut, Buttercup.

That's what I thought. Legend holds that he escaped along with a British POW named Henry Reese. They stole some clothes and disguised themselves as a young couple to avoid detection. When the SS caught them and asked who they were, they got away by telling them they were Heinrich Reisse and Reisse's peanut, Buttercup.
    He was a great peanut!

He really was. And talented! I have an old 45 of him singing Don't Let The Sun Cashew Crying and he put Ray Charles to shame.

He really was. And talented! I have an old 45 of him singing Don't Let The Sun Cashew Crying and he put Ray Charles to shame.
    Hopefully, they will play it at his service. I am now wondering if there will be a burial or if they are going to roast him and scatter his shell.

We will see. I heard the funeral will be telecast via pay per view. You know how those peanuts are: always trying to get another Payday. I heard his wife is glad he's gone, though. TMZ played an audio clip and you could clearly hear her Snicker when she got the news. She's been thick as thieves lately with Mr. Goodbar, who is sweet enough but always ready to break off a piece for someone nougat.

104! Quite a lengthy run. He must have really enjoyed the gig to willingly work for peanuts that entire time!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-25-2020 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    104! Quite a lengthy run. He must have really enjoyed the gig to willingly work for peanuts that entire time!
    Well, there was that court battle back in the sixties with Charles Schultz. It seems that Mr. Peanut took exception to Mr. Schultz naming his cartoon about a group of neighborhood kids "Peanuts" without seeking permission from Mr. Peanut first. The case was thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well, there was that court battle back in the sixties with Charles Schultz. It seems that Mr. Peanut took exception to Mr. Schultz naming his cartoon about a group of neighborhood kids "Peanuts" without seeking permission from Mr. Peanut first. The case was thrown out.
    I remember that. The judge really beaned him in his written decision. I think it's the only time in history where a judge called a litigant a goober in writing.

Our departed friend was very outgoing as a young nut,unlike his shy younger brother-wal-nut.

Now I'm hearing he may not be dead after all:
    https://www.deseret.com/entertainmen...use-university

Then they're saying Mr. Peanut has been dead for some time:

https://www.wral.com/mr-peanut-is-de...ason/18903785/

I'm so confused.....

Reports now say he was murdered!

The tributes have begun:

Superbowl 2020 - Breaking News! In a commercial that was watched by millions, Mr. Peanut is back! One report says that Ms. Peanut has had "peanough of his shenanigans! " Another source claims Mr. Peanut that reclusive actor, Whatchamacallit. Film at 11.