[REMOVE ADS]

BOSE Home Audio Products future

I wanted to post this where interesting parties could read it. I posted it in the Motown Forum as that is where the vast majority of members look at and think it warrants attention. Especially those who have BOSE CD players as I do.

After a record-breaking number of store closings across the country in 2019, more national companies are preparing to shut down locations as 2020 begins.

A number of companies reported low earnings in the third quarter, prior to an underwhelming holiday season for brick-and-mortar sales.

Here is a look at a few companies that will be or could be leaving Delaware soon.

Bose is closing all of its stores in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia.
    Bose is closing all of its stores in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia. [[Photo: Reviewed)

Bose
    Bose, a leader in headphones, speakers and home audio products, is closing all of its 119 stores in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia, including a location in the Christiana Mall. Bose has had a presence in the mall for more than 20 years.

In a statement, the company said a "dramatic shift" to online shopping led to the decision. Bose offered a unique experience when it opened its first U.S. stores in 1993, offering demonstrations of various music and home theater systems.

The company's focus has since shifted to noise-canceling headphones, sport earbuds and portable speakers, which are being sold increasingly online, according to the statement. Bose devices are also on display in larger stores such as Best Buy and Target.

I heard about this recently. It seems they are going the way of many brick and mortar stores. So much for technology and progress.

Thank you for posting. I have the Bose Lifestyle entertainment center and several other Bose products. Sorry to hear about the store closures.