[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Btw, I was so tempted to block you for inserting the name of Tall Tales Turner in what was an otherwise intelligent conversation. [[Joking)
    Ha ha. Yes, it’s a terrible book, primarily because his ego got in the way and he made it about himself. Oh, and that it is woefully written. But, he was there, and his account does give some valuable insight into the dynamics within the Supremes.

Didn’t he die in the 1990s?

Quote Originally Posted by grangertim View Post
    Ha ha. Yes, it’s a terrible book, primarily because his ego got in the way and he made it about himself. Oh, and that it is woefully written. But, he was there, and his account does give some valuable insight into the dynamics within the Supremes.

Didn’t he die in the 1990s?
    i don't think so. I believe some fans have had recent interactions with him. perhaps in the RTL period?

there's also the rumor on here that he's in europe, having attached himself to some Count in Spain. perhaps he's trying to find the site where Momma that died on a weekend trip to Spain lolol. that is after that pot of jam cooled off and she could finished canning lololololol

So i guess now he's a Countess?

Everybody's Got The Right To Love always reminded me of In and Out of Love. I always liked Everybody's...both the released and alt. vers. Loved the guitar flourishes...In and Out of Love is the only single in the catalogue I "hands down" liked the live vers. better than the studio cut.

i agree that the live version of In and Out is better and i also think the live version of Everybody is better too. just more energy.

I don't hate the recorded version of Everybody but i do think it's a poor followup to Ladder. the two couldn't be more different and it just didn't work IMO. fine for an album track but they should have followed up with another Right On tune

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Everybody's Got The Right To Love always reminded me of In and Out of Love. I always liked Everybody's...both the released and alt. vers. Loved the guitar flourishes...In and Out of Love is the only single in the catalogue I "hands down" liked the live vers. better than the studio cut.
    It reminded me somewhat of Dean Martin's "Everybody, Loves Somebody Sometime".

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    The goal post was moved. It’s not that they weren’t pushed/promoted. That has been debunked. It’s said that the records weren’t available to purchase at record stores.
    Well ... the real goal post has not moved for about 48 years, that goal post being that the people who did not want Diana to succeed will always insist that the group's ultimate failure was due to purposeful, malicious machinations within the Motown deep-state destined to make the group fail. Berry loved $ more than he did Diana. If the group brought in the bucks Gordy would have dropped Diana faster than you can say 'Chris Clark'.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 01-24-2020 at 09:09 PM.