[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Probably a sign of old age and/or losing interest ,but I have both CDs.....slightly worrying eh??
    Well it's definitely not due to a lack of interest because I've bought just about all the reissues/expanded editions. Maybe a bit of old age...

Remember the tracks now...after a few plays. Once again not mad about G.C. Cameron vocals...Bobby Smith for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Well it's definitely not due to a lack of interest because I've bought just about all the reissues/expanded editions. Maybe a bit of old age...
    Yes old age I think.

I didn’t care for it at first, but it kind of grew on me. To me it sounds like a mashup of “Since I Don’t Have You” by the Skyliners and that song from “Cooley High” that Coachise, Preach and the gang sang drunkingly off key on the street corner. ( Right before the part where they go joyriding in the stolen Caddy).

Two more CD coming from Oldays Records :

_ Jazz Side Of Motown 1961-1967 ( 2 CD ):
    https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6940-41&visit_old=1

_ The Marvelous Marvelettes + bonus tracks :
    https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR6938&visit_old=1

Quote Originally Posted by mjdestiny View Post

Oldays is a Public Domain label.

There has been times and agains, when wanting early albums of Miracles, Marvelettes, and Little Stevie Wonder on CD, when the easiest accessibles to find was the public domains, but no, without official authorized Motown copyright = no thank you.

I have managed, after searching and searching on Amazon enough, some of them on Universal Japan, whenever they were still affordable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Oldays is a Public Domain label.

There has been times and agains, when wanting early albums of Miracles, Marvelettes, and Little Stevie Wonder on CD, when the easiest accessibles to find was the public domains, but no, without official authorized Motown copyright = no thank you.

I have managed, after searching and searching on Amazon enough, some of them on Universal Japan, whenever they were still affordable enough.
    So the copyright laws must be different in Japan as you would never get away with 'stealing' these for release in Europe or the US. If I remember Marginal used to get away with some things because where they were produced the copyright law was slacker but as soon as you exported them they became illegal - I wonder if any of that applies to Old Days?

They trade freely on eBay as do Big Pink but let's face it we are getting nothing else right now CD wise apart from Miss Ross and DRATS. At least we can look forward to a re release of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons Motown Anthology plus a further disk of unreleased Motown material (but only if we are prepared to fork out good money for the other 37 or so disks in the same set).
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 06-28-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    So the copyright laws must be different in Japan as you would never get away with 'stealing' these for release in Europe or the US. If I remember Marginal used to get away with some things because where they were produced the copyright law was slacker but as soon as you exported them they became illegal - I wonder if any of that applies to Old Days?
    It's interesting that these Oldays releases are not available on Amazon U.K or any 'legitimate' music retailer. Only eBay. So maybe there is something decidedly dodgy about these being exported.

I did actually purchase the Elgins cd on eBay a couple of months ago, but got a refund as it never arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Adrian's Records in Wickford stocked all of the Marginal releases. The owner used to complain that they had to provide the jewel cases as the releases arrived without them.

When Beatin' Rhythm had a shop in Manchester they stocked the Marginal releases and I did buy some from there. I expect they would be stocking Oldays if the shop was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by mjdestiny View Post

Not forgetting Martha and The Vandellas "Watchout" which has the Live! album as its bonus tracks.

The tracks on the Jazz CD (released at the end of July) are:

01. WHAT'S WRONG WITH GROOVIN' / LETTA MBULU
    02. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE BLUES / YAPHET KOTTO
    03. I'MI SEE YOU LATER / THE JOHNNY GRIFFITH TRIO
    04. FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE / PAULA GREER
    05. I STILL LOVE YOU / LEFTY EDWARDS
    06. EL RIG / GEORGE BOHANAN QUARTET
    07. HOW HIGH THE MOON / MARVIN GAYE
    08. CONGO TWIST / THE TWISTIN' KINGS
    09. OPUS NO.3 / EARL WASHINGTON ALL STARS
    10. LATE FREIGHT / DAVE HAMILTON
    11. EXODUS / HANK&CAROL DIAMOND