[REMOVE ADS]

Walk Away Renee alternate version?

I have just been looking at Four Tops 50th anniversary track listing and it says that the Walk Away Renee version is the alternate version...now does that mean its the stereo version with the awful piano way out front or is this a completely alternate version that i have yet to hear..can somebody shed some light on this for me...thanks in advance.

Here it is from YouTube.

Sorry I should have put the 2 cd 50th anniversary anthology..not the one above...I have this collection...the one I am talking about has The Four Tops standing on a wooden jetty type thing and it says its an alternate version...the one above sounds like the mono version to me..thanks for posting anyway...love the mono version.

It’s just a stereo mix with THAT piano.

It is a stereo version with the piano at a reduced level of offensiveness and a ticking like sound in the mix.

The piano makes itself know at the end of the song though.

Thanks so much guys for the input.

Also alternate background lyrics on a couple verses. YOU WON'T SEE ME FOLLOW YOU MY LOVE, instead of YOU BACK HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Sorry I should have put the 2 cd 50th anniversary anthology..not the one above...I have this collection...the one I am talking about has The Four Tops standing on a wooden jetty type thing and it says its an alternate version...the one above sounds like the mono version to me..thanks for posting anyway...love the mono version.
    I know what you're talking about. The 2004 50th anniversary 2cd set.

Was there ever a version where they sang "Don't Walk Away Renee" instead of "Just Walk Away Renee"?