[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Endorses New HDH Book

Good old Mary!

From the new HDH book: "HDH put the Supremes into the realm of 'superstars' by producing 12 number-one, million sellers for us."

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Good old Mary!

From the new HDH book: "HDH put the Supremes into the realm of 'superstars' by producing 12 number-one, million sellers for us."
    They did not produce 12 number one hits for them. They did not write or produce “Love Child” and “Someday Well be together”. Mary sure is losing her memory lately!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    They did not produce 12 number one hits for them. They did not write or produce “Love Child” and “Someday Well be together”. Mary sure is losing her memory lately!
    She doesn't sit around studying this shit as you do. She's too busy living and making money......

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She doesn't sit around studying this shit as you do. She's too busy living and making money......
    Oh really. 😂 I guess she doesn’t remember since she is not on either song. hehehehe!!

Hey let’s have a good year

Well Marv, M and C sang those songs100x more was than the background singers in the studio! Mary keeps on keeping on. Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Well Marv, M and C sang those songs100x more was than the background singers in the studio! Mary keeps on keeping on. Happy New Year.
    You got that right and very Happy New Year to you too!!!

Diana Ross's biography, "Secrets of A Sparrow"
    explains the business of show business. I am so glad that Diana Ross always focuses on the potential of being positive[[personal growth) about everything that one may experience.

I believe that Maxine Powell would have grounded any performer for curbside behavior by stating, "Dear, you would be more productive, by being in rehearsal."

Maxine Powell commented that Diana Ross
    became a Superstar by her talent and hard work ethic!

I believe that the facts within the books of the Holland Brothers and Mr.Dozier substantiate
    Ms.Powell's praise of Diana Ross.

It would be lovely for a movie to be made of Maxine Powell's legendary life!

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Diana Ross's biography, "Secrets of A Sparrow"
    explains the business of show business. I am so glad that Diana Ross always focuses on the potential of being positive[[personal growth) about everything that one may experience.

I believe that Maxine Powell would have grounded any performer for curbside behavior by stating, "Dear, you would be more productive, by being in rehearsal."

Maxine Powell commented that Diana Ross
    became a Superstar by her talent and hard work ethic!

I believe that the facts within the books of the Holland Brothers and Mr.Dozier substantiate
    Ms.Powell's praise of Diana Ross.

It would be lovely for a movie to be made of Maxine Powell's legendary life!
    She also said Diane was always real "snoody" acting. Give me a break!

Ten or twelve, at 75 do you expect the numbers to always be accurate? It was 1970 and Diana was telling an audience "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone" is from 1965. Her memory must have been shot. Give these folks a break.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Don't you study this shit too, though?

It is worth pointing out that in the Holland's book, they talk about how we fans are more knowledgeable about a lot of the songs that they wrote and produced. They get a lot of questions about this song and that song, and the truth is that they don't remember most of them. As fans we do study a lot of this stuff, but the actual artists have done such a large body of work that they couldn't possibly remember half the stuff we've tucked away in our memory banks about their work.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Ten or twelve, at 75 do you expect the numbers to always be accurate? It was 1970 and Diana was telling an audience "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone" is from 1965. Her memory must have been shot. Give these folks a break.
    Ran Ran. I do agree with what you are saying. But if your going to write it in a book. That is going to be published. You really should do a little more research. My memory gets foggy all the time. But if I was going to write something down as permanent, as in a book. I would try and get it right.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 01-07-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Thank you, vg. That was my whole point.

Mary has never been great with dates or facts, but certainly the Holland Brothers know how many #1's they produced on the Supremes.

I also question her "million sellers" statement. #1s don't always mean a million records.

Meh.

Ran Ran. I do agree with what you are saying. But if your going to write it in a book. That is going to be published. You really should do a little more research. My memory gets foggy all the time. But if I was going to write something down as permanent, as in a book. I would try and get it right.
    '

To be fair to Mary, she did get it right in her book. If her endorsement ended up inside the brothers' book, I would think someone in their camp should have taken care to ensure that 12 was reduced to 10 for accuracy. Of course I wouldn't be shocked if H&H have ever or will ever claim that they did in fact give the Supremes 12 number one hits. Memories...

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Thank you, vg. That was my whole point.

Mary has never been great with dates or facts, but certainly the Holland Brothers know how many #1's they produced on the Supremes.

I also question her "million sellers" statement. #1s don't always mean a million records.

Meh.
    Well damn. Here I was under the impression that you were actually giving Mary a thumbs up for endorsing the brothers' book. I guess it's true. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well online.

They all say "million seller", whether it's certified that way or not. That's a Motown thing that they all do. I think it's probably safe to say that all the Supremes A sides released from "Where Did Our Love Go" to "Reflections" have to date sold at least a million physical copies [[with the possible exception of "Heartaches", maybe even "Itchin"), and in some cases, twice that in downloads, despite maybe not hitting the platinum mark at the time of original release.