[REMOVE ADS]

Comments on How Sweet It Is & Come & Get These Memories

Just curious what other forum members think of the two recently published books:

How Sweet It Is - Lamont Dozier
    Come and Get These Memories by Dave Thompson

I just complete the first book [second book previously completed]. Overall I cannot say one is superior to the other. They are both in my opinion great books. It has been a lot to absorb. Lamont really discussed a great amount of personal things in his life that most writers would not reveal.

Kudos to both books. What do others think? I say they are both equal in value to Motown enthusiasts. I am surprised to see little attention drawn to these two books. I personally hope they are a million seller.

I haven't read them yet.

I enjoyed reading them both and learning more facts about their compositions and productions as well as their personal lives. I would say that I might have enjoyed Lamont's a tad more as there is a certain spirituality to his recollections that appealed to me. But I rate both books highly.

FYI, You can purchase Lamont Dozier and Mary Wilson's latest books autographed with a certificate of authenticity. I purchased both autographed books as a Christmas present to myself. I haven't read them yet and I'd also love to read reviews. https://premierecollectibles.com/New...m_medium=email

I received both books as presents this month. Just starting CAGTM.

btw I saw autographed copies of Supreme Glamour at B&N in Hyannis, Cape Cod, MA. I didn't check other local B&N locations or online to see if autographed copies were available. I enjoyed Mary's book. It gave a nice general account of their career and story, appropriate for a coffee-table book primarily focused on the costumes.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 12-29-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Half Price Books just had a 20% off sale this past week, so I ordered both books; got them for less than $40 total. I should get them this week. Looking forward to reading them.

I've read both of the H-D-H books and I say that they are both essential to fans of Motown [[and the Invictus/Hot Wax period). Brian & Eddie's book gives a lot of insight on the early days of Hitsville while Lamont's book tells us lot about the pressures of the business, why H-D-H left Motown & why Lamont left The Holland Bros. in the mid '70s.

I had to wait and see what arrived as Christmas gifts before ordering any new Motown books. After receiving NONE OF THEM [[bad family, bad family!), I will slowly order them in the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I had to wait and see what arrived as Christmas gifts before ordering any new Motown books. After receiving NONE OF THEM [[bad family, bad family!), I will slowly order them in the next month or so.
    Favor. If any members see where the Holland Brothers OR Lamont Dozier will be making any television appearances to promote their newly released books, please let forum members know in advance if possible. I was surprised to see Morning Joe this morning interviewing Ringo Starr about his newly published book and newly released album. Certain the Hollands and/or Lamont Dozier will be appearing on television promoting their new book. THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Favor. If any members see where the Holland Brothers OR Lamont Dozier will be making any television appearances to promote their newly released books, please let forum members know in advance if possible. I was surprised to see Morning Joe this morning interviewing Ringo Starr about his newly published book and newly released album. Certain the Hollands and/or Lamont Dozier will be appearing on television promoting their new book. THANKS.
    I saw the Ringo interview and found it fascinating. Joe Scarborough really loves not only the Beatles, but Bacharach, Motown, and lots of other music. It's nice when the interviewer has the knowledge he does and can ask questions that really mean something.

Lamont Dozier interview on Songcraft Episode 100. Oct. 2018 https://player.fm/series/songcraft-s...e-name-of-love