[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson of The Supremes at the Opera House

Theres still 70 seats left and this is a real intimate venue. Come on folks. Tell your Colorado peeps to get tickets to see this former and orgininal Supreme.

https://tickets.vendini.com/ticket-s...28d7ba01add1b5

Thanks Marv. Mary is certainly in demand!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks Marv. Mary is certainly in demand!
    You're welcome Luke. 2019 sure has been Mary's year. I will not be surprised if demand for her goes up even more in 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Theres still 70 seats left and this is a real intimate venue. Come on folks. Tell your Colorado peeps to get tickets to see this former and orgininal Supreme.

https://tickets.vendini.com/ticket-s...28d7ba01add1b5
    Capacity - 238 [[Two hundred and thirty eight)

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Capacity - 238 [[Two hundred and thirty eight)
    In other words there are almost a third of the tickets still available. Mary Wilson fans need to stop posting on here about how much she is in demand and actually get out there and support her in person otherwise gigs such as this will continue to be cancelled.

“ Tell your Colorado peeps to get tickets to see this former and orgininal Supreme”

Why ??? Is she paying you commission??

Regardless of the performer I always wonder about the economics of these small venues. Presuming there are 238 available seats, at an average of $80 per ticket the total yield would be $19,040 for ticket sales. There seems to be an adjacent bar-seating area so there could be additional revenue from that, as well as the 32 table seats up front if there is food/drink available there, bringing in an additional rough estimate of $3,500 making an evening's take of $22,540. The theater [[which looks GORGEOUS!!) is run by a non-prof. Subtracting the evening's staffing wages I wonder what would end up the split between the foundation and the performer? Anybody done any management of this type of venue?

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    “ Tell your Colorado peeps to get tickets to see this former and orgininal Supreme”

Why ??? Is she paying you commission??
    She needs all the help she can get to shift concert tickets. Her fans need to play an active role rather than extoling her virtues from the safety of their laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Regardless of the performer I always wonder about the economics of these small venues. Presuming there are 238 available seats, at an average of $80 per ticket the total yield would be $19,040 for ticket sales. There seems to be an adjacent bar-seating area so there could be additional revenue from that, as well as the 32 table seats up front if there is food/drink available there, bringing in an additional rough estimate of $3,500 making an evening's take of $22,540. The theater [[which looks GORGEOUS!!) is run by a non-prof. Subtracting the evening's staffing wages I wonder what would end up the split between the foundation and the performer? Anybody done any management of this type of venue?
    It certainly won't be a major earner for the performer but beggars cannot be choosers. If it pays the grocery bill it will be worthwhile for the performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It certainly won't be a major earner for the performer but beggars cannot be choosers. If it pays the grocery bill it will be worthwhile for the performer.
    Good grief, it would be worth every penny to hear Red Hot live. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Good grief, it would be worth every penny to hear Red Hot live. LOL
    For sure, but each to their own i suppose.

Marv has never heard Red Hot live!

These smaller capacity venues are perfect for the likes of Mary and Martha. In Minneapolis, we have the Dakota, and I've seen both ladies perform there. I don't recall what I paid for tickets, but for such an "up close" experience, $80 is well worth the $$$.

I’m actually surprised they can generate that much money - but sounds like a really nice venue

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I’m actually surprised they can generate that much money - but sounds like a really nice venue
    The figures are all best-guess estimates. As the venue [[GORGEOUS!!) is a non-prof chances are the front tables are comped, and I'm not sure from the listing if food/drink will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    In other words there are almost a third of the tickets still available. Mary Wilson fans need to stop posting on here about how much she is in demand and actually get out there and support her in person otherwise gigs such as this will continue to be cancelled.
    Isnt that the truth when it comes to Miss Wilsons more manic fans. Youve gor Lukia and agreeing with every fabrication his Mistress posts. Mary is a hard worker but the "in great demand" bs for a 240 seat venue is like she was going to win DWTS crap and be all over TV promoting her new book this holiday season. Its little wonder folks make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Isnt that the truth when it comes to Miss Wilsons more manic fans. Youve gor Lukia and agreeing with every fabrication his Mistress posts. Mary is a hard worker but the "in great demand" bs for a 240 seat venue is like she was going to win DWTS crap and be all over TV promoting her new book this holiday season. Its little wonder folks make fun of them.
    Exactly. These fanatics give Mary a bad name. Little wonder she insists they keep their distance from her.
    Mary has spoken about the difficulties in securing live gigs. It is a problem that many veteran performers experience these days. There is no shame in that, yet these fanatics claim she is in great demand. That is bullshit.
    How many other bookings has she got which would support their claim of her being in demand? Their time would be better utilised in actively supporting her gigs rather than posting nonsense on here. End of rant