[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is that Diana singing with the background singers?

One thing that I've always loved about "Love Child" is the powerful introduction by not only the instruments, but also by the background singers on the Ooo's and Ahs. From the first time I heard this back in 1968, I always felt like that I was hearing, very clearly, Diana's voice shining through in that piercing [[in a good way) voice of hers in the final seconds of the Ooo and Ah pattern before she began the first verse.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else also 'heard' her voice on the intro? If it isn't her voice, one of those background voices sure does match Diana's in timbre.

Also, is that Diana singing with the background singers on "One More Chance"? Here, I am not just talking about the extra vocal line she sings; but also actually singing along with the background singers.

I know it couldn't and wouldn't possibly be Mary Wilson doing backup on "Leave a Little Room" from Diana's 'Touch Me in the Morning'; however, that alto voice at the end sure does sound like Mary's beautiful voice. Again, I know it's not Mary.

Mine are observations...my opinions.
    Last edited by jobucats; 12-27-2019 at 03:55 PM.