[REMOVE ADS]

Is the an impressions[christmas album]with curtis mayfield?

I've never seen or heard anything from the impressions for christmas with curtis,anyone got an answer?

I don't believe so. They have some cuts on the 70s compilation album FUNKY CHRISTMAS but that's all I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I've never seen or heard anything from the impressions for christmas with curtis,anyone got an answer?
    We always considered their recording of "Amen" from the film "Lilies of the Fields" a Christmas song, but I don't know of a full Christmas album by the Impressions.

I found a CD recently called Curtis Mayfield "Gospel," and although not Christmas oriented, it is a great album. Some cuts are from Mayfield's period with the Impressions, such as "People Get Ready" and "Keep on Pushin'" and some are from his solo period. Really outstanding.

The Impressions also had a few tracks on the 1994 Laserlight cd A SOULFUL CHRISTMAS. Other acts on the disk include Martha Reeves, the Platters, Anthony and the Imperials, and the Miracles.