[REMOVE ADS]

All I Want For Christmas is You hits #1 on Billboard charts

I really need to never, ever hear that song again.

I also heard that she has made $61 million from the royalties to this recording. Not bad for a little girl from Harborfields high school out here on Long Island

Good for Mariah. I went to one of Xmas concerts last week and she really put on an entertaining show. It would have been nice to hear a few more of her non-Xmas hits but it was a great show nonetheless.

With this song hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the first time the same year, giving Carey a record breaking ninteenth chart-topper on the chart.

It has become an all time great Christmas song and is thoroughly deserving of its enduring appeal.

Go. Mimi! I, too, used to be weary of this song, but the years and its sheer infectiousness have won me over. Congratulations!

Interesting. If I knew of this song, i hadn't noticed.

As a song I used to love as a teenager, but Christmas tastes eventually matured for Sinatra, Cole, Mathis, and Williams, I am still rather impressed, it finally reaching number one twenty five years later.

It is amazing - and a little strange - to see some of the artists on the current US & UK charts.

I'm sure when a teenage Australian [[Tones & I) raced up the 2019 charts in both countries with her debut single, she didn't expect her competition to include Burl Ives, Brenda Lee, Nat King Cole, Andy Wiliams and Gene Autry

BTW, this thread has nothing at all to do with Motown. Just like to point that out.