[REMOVE ADS]

SCHERRIE PAYNE - I'm Not In Love 1982

I love Scherrie Payne and have always liked the song. I just wished she had recorded it in a similar style of the original by 10cc:

A bit too disco for me.

I like the longer side that starts and prominently features Girl You Know You're In Love...I didn't go to clubs or listen to dance music stations...I was a Rock freak..but loved Mary Wilson and followed up the 70's Supremes constantly!

She tore up the vocal on this. I listen to this often but I didn't like that long instrumental part near the beginning and edited it out perfectly and still came in at 6:21. What a voice!

I believe this disco arrangement was intended for Shirley Bassey but she passed so they have it to Scherrie.

Masterful work by arranger John Davis who of course did the strings and horns on THE BOSS.

This is his rendition of Ashford and Simpson's

BOURGIE BOURGIE
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-18-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Scherrie's voice is clear and strong on this song. Is the recording where Mary Wilson and Freda Payne sang background?

I remember when I first learned that Scherrie had recorded this song, I was so excited, figuring that she recorded it in a similar way to the original or to Dee Dee Sharp's version. I was so disappointed when I finally heard it. It's okay, nice even, but ultimately it doesn't do anything for me.

Along with Mary and Freda, isn't Edmund Sylvers also on this repeating, "Girl, you're in love"?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    Along with Mary and Freda, isn't Edmund Sylvers also on this repeating, "Girl, you're in love"?
    Yes, he was with them. I saw a pic of them in the studio.