[REMOVE ADS]

If the Jackson 5 had recorded another Christmas album...

what song[[s) would you have liked to see the boys cover had they done a second Christmas album?

I would have liked to hear them cover "Christmas Everyday" by The Miracles and something traditional like "Silent Night".

I would've liked for them to do "Little Bright Star" or "Twinkle Twinkle Little Me".

I’d go with “My Christmas Tree” “ The Day That Love Began”, and “ What Christmas Means To Me”. If it would have been done in 71, maybe a cover of “The Chipmunk Song” with Berry Gordy in the Dave Seville role.

There are a number of outtakes from the Christmas Album sessions of 1970 that have yet to be released. These include J5 versions of "I Want You To Come Home For Christmas", "Children's Christmas Song", "It's Christmas Time", "What Christmas Means To Me", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Me" and "Purple Snowflakes". With the copyright extension clause we can only hope all these will be released in 2020 along with whatever is left in the vaults from the ABC, THIRD ALBUM and early MAYBE TOMORROW sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by jaorecords View Post
    There are a number of outtakes from the Christmas Album sessions of 1970 that have yet to be released. These include J5 versions of "I Want You To Come Home For Christmas", "Children's Christmas Song", "It's Christmas Time", "What Christmas Means To Me", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Me" and "Purple Snowflakes". With the copyright extension clause we can only hope all these will be released in 2020 along with whatever is left in the vaults from the ABC, THIRD ALBUM and early MAYBE TOMORROW sessions.
    So they probably were able to have a second holiday album with just the outtakes from the first. Thanks for the info, jao

^ The Jackson 5 recorded 469 songs in their six years with the label. There were probably 15 other Christmas songs that have yet to be released from the vault [[Universal missed the opportunity to do so in 2010 on the album's 40th anniversary).

I emailed Keith Hughes a few years back re: unreleased J5 Christmas songs and he couldn't find anything Christmassy by the group listed 😔

I emailed Harry Weinger in 2013 if there are more J5 Christmas songs in the Vault .
    His response then : " Unless i really truly missed something , there are assuredly no more Christmas tracks by the J5 in the vault"

For me the original lp is so perfect that I have to say I would not want another attempt; usually second Christmas lps are a let-down.

Lol I wonder if they released everything in that vault ha

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ The Jackson 5 recorded 469 songs in their six years with the label. There were probably 15 other Christmas songs that have yet to be released from the vault [[Universal missed the opportunity to do so in 2010 on the album's 40th anniversary).
    How many have been released?

Originally plus from the vault songs?

It would be interesting to see a count of unreleased songs for each major Motown artist that are still in the vaults that may yet still see the light of day

I would have loved to have heard a young Michael Jackson sing "Ave Maria".