[REMOVE ADS]

50 cent & russell simmons blast oprah over documentary

They're both trash. Russell was accused of rape and we know 50's an a$$hole.

If they're mad about this, Oprah is doing something right.

At least Oprah’s coming after someone living this time. But she’s pretty trashy herself. Just ask Monique and many others she’s stabbed in the back over the years.

Oprah only attacks Black men! She has not made a peep about her good buddy Harvey Weinstein. It is no longer suspicious......it is obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oprah only attacks Black men! She has not made a peep about her good buddy Harvey Weinstein. It is no longer suspicious......it is obvious!
    Let's hope this is a balanced documentary meaning that all races commit these horrible crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Let's hope this is a balanced documentary meaning that all races commit these horrible crimes.
    It is not going to be fair and balanced. With Oprah involved it will be one-sided and sensationalized.

Oprah was sexually molested and assaulted as a child. I think she believes that the issue is not taken seriously enough when the victims are black.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Oprah was sexually molested and assaulted as a child. I think she believes that the issue is not taken seriously enough when the victims are black.
    As a reminder, her very good friend and mentor Maya Angelou was also a victim of sexual assault as a young child. She knows it is not taken as seriously when the victims are black, then and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Yeah she was raped as a teenager. Black women who have been molested and sexually assaulted are overlooked and most of the times judge. Patti LaBelle has talked about someone raping her but she decided not to say anything because she feared she'd be blamed for it. Miki Howard once tried to tell her mother [[the legendary Josephine Howard of the Caravans) that her stepfather was molesting her, she responded by THROWING HER OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!

It's a deeper thing with Oprah than people realize. Also we're not gonna even try to take this off topic. Focus on this documentary lol

This is on topic. Why hasn't Oprah ran a story or doc. on Jeffrey Epstein, Alan Dershowitz, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, heck even Matt Lauer. She could have gotten the scoop! She's Oprah friggin' Winfrey!

I am not excusing anything Russell may or may not have done [[one of the women that filed charges against him I've known since we were 18.) Still, there is a pattern here when it comes to Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King. Has Gayle done a story on Charlie Rose or Les Moonves of CBS? No! They are going to experience some serious fallout for their "selective outrage" and producing what some see as one sided slam pieces.

[QUOTE=marv2;554531]This is on topic. Why hasn't Oprah ran a story or doc. on Jeffrey Epstein, Alan Dershowitz, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, heck even Matt Lauer. She could have gotten the scoop! She's Oprah friggin' Winfrey!

I am not excusing anything Russell may or may not have done [[one of the women that filed charges against him I've known since we were 18.) Still, there is a pattern here when it comes to Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King. Has Gayle done a story on Charlie Rose or Les Moonves of CBS? No! They are going to experience some serious fallout for their "selective outrage" and producing what some see as one sided slam pieces.[/QU

I wonder if she will cover the historical aspect of this issue such as the abuse by white plantation owners?

Oprah has dropped out of the documentary on Russell Simmons!

Oprah's popularity and reputation are declining.

Oprah's popularity and reputation are declining.
    Marv do we know who is now going to produce this doc.? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv do we know who is now going to produce this doc.? Thanks
    I don't know, but Oprah posted this long, rambling social media post about how she is dropping out of it.

thatanyway Guest
    Sometimes PERHAPS the story is in the timing...not saying that it's so, just saying it could be so. The talkshow that she hosted after the Michael Jackson ''film'' was on at the time when Harvey Weinstein's trial was supposed to happen. It was postponed. And what's happening at this time? Harvey Weinstein's trial. It's a bit like she said to her friend Weinstein that ''I'll make the media look elsewhere when your trial is on''.
    I didn't see the Jackson film or talkshow about it that she hosted. He was under FBI investigation for 10 YEARS and cleared.